Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wanna trade Sagana Diop for Jeryl Sasser and a bag of Ruffles?

Seriously, even though Diop looks totally lost on the court sometimes, he also shows flashes of being bigtime.

He has very nice shooting touch from what I saw. Hitting a couple mid-range jumpers. He is a presence underneath with his size.

Another couple years and he could be a top 5 center in the NBA.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, what is with the GUY X = GUY Y crap.

You used to do that on the nbadraft.net board.

That crap is so annoying. What a waste.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Diop is not Dare at all!!!!!

Look at what he is doing in the summer league, he is averaging around 10 point 8 rebounds and 5 blocks!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you but I think 5 blocks a game is great. But if Cleveland doesn't want him, I'm with Dee saying send him over to Orlando. And if that would happen he would have championship ring on his finger around this time next year!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Ozzy...

I agree with you, and I don't agree with you...

I agree that Diop is certainly not Dare,

but I disagree that he would be wearing a ring next year if traded to Orlando.... well, he might, but only because he was part of the team, not that he is the missing link to take that team over the top. He is still VERY YOUNG, and VERY VERY RAW.

Even if he started from day 1, there are currently better journeymen (veterans) centers out there, and by the end of the season he will still be a raw talent. He has been racking up the fouls in SL, and he is still not in good shape, he has little concept of team offense, he has pretty much NEVER gone up against NBA top centers (any of the few minutes he got in for those few games last year he got in garbage time), and most important, he only played 20-25 games at the H.S. level over 2 years ago (shorter quarters, more time between games, lower level of center competition), let alone never experienceing 25-30 games of a college season (with longer quarters, sometimes 2 games a week, with occasional quality caliber center competition), let alone the grueling 82 games of 3 or sometimes 4 games a week, major travel and time zone changes, longer quarters, better all around competition, etc., etc..... give the guy some time and he'll get there. But he won't be there this year, not with the CAvs, and not for Orlando.

By the way, Clev is a good place for him right now, because the Cavs won't run Z more than 30 minutes a game.... which is perfect for Diop> 15-20 minutes per game spread out over 4 quarters... no big playoff pressure on the team....a perfect learning environment for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts