Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I just checked NBA.com, and they are getting beat by 30. Unless they do this deal for Wallace, that pick Phoenix picked up is going to be a lottery pick.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I watched the game. It really wasn't even that close.

Expect Thomas to fire the coach. Trade for Wallace. And put this team in the playoffs...by whatever means possible.

Marbury is being too unselfish right now. He needs to realize that his teammates suck here. There's no reason to pass them the ball.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Yeah. That game was one of the worst I've watched this season, and as a Bulls fan, thats saying a lot. Zeke has a long way to go.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
After watching that game and the Bulls last two games I have to wonder...

If we merge the rosters of the Bulls and Knicks would you have a real basketball team?

Ouch, the basketball that many of the teams in the NBA have been playing is flat out pathetic.

Where are the shooters, passers and defenders?

Is it possible that the state of the NBA play right now is so poor that we are seeing the lowpoint after years of high quality basketball.

I thought the WNBA was hard to watch.....

Time to give some love back to the College game where fundamentals exist and players play team ball.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
One has to wonder if the NBA will consider putting in a mercy rule. If a team only scores 10 points in a quarter, can the coach and fans use the mercy to end the suffering?

:no:

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!
After watching that game and the Bulls last two games I have to wonder...

If we merge the rosters of the Bulls and Knicks would you have a real basketball team?

Ouch, the basketball that many of the teams in the NBA have been playing is flat out pathetic.

Where are the shooters, passers and defenders?

Is it possible that the state of the NBA play right now is so poor that we are seeing the lowpoint after years of high quality basketball.

I thought the WNBA was hard to watch.....

Time to give some love back to the College game where fundamentals exist and players play team ball.
I think the quality has steadily decreased since 1980. FWIW.

Perhaps the only position that looks better to me now is at PF, but that's even dubious, considering the lack of real centers.

Just a few years ago, the league had a young Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwan, The Admiral, young Mutumbo, Alonzo Mourning, Rick Smits, etc. Now we have a fat Shaq and Yao and not much else.

There was a time when Stockton and Magic (and others) fought for the assists title with > 10 per game (and closer to 15). Maybe Kidd will beat 10 per game this season. Mark Jackson was a pretty good PG in his time (not elite), yet scored 11 PPG and averaged 9APG for his career (close to the best PG of today!).

Scoring has gone down coinciding with the lack of fundamentals exhibited by current NBA players (as a group).

There were few teams with just a TMac and not much else to try to play good NBA ball.

And so on.

Peace!

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaBullz</b>!

I think the quality has steadily decreased since 1980. FWIW.

Perhaps the only position that looks better to me now is at PF, but that's even dubious, considering the lack of real centers.

Just a few years ago, the league had a young Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwan, The Admiral, young Mutumbo, Alonzo Mourning, Rick Smits, etc. Now we have a fat Shaq and Yao and not much else.

There was a time when Stockton and Magic (and others) fought for the assists title with > 10 per game (and closer to 15). Maybe Kidd will beat 10 per game this season. Mark Jackson was a pretty good PG in his time (not elite), yet scored 11 PPG and averaged 9APG for his career (close to the best PG of today!).

Scoring has gone down coinciding with the lack of fundamentals exhibited by current NBA players (as a group).

There were few teams with just a TMac and not much else to try to play good NBA ball.

And so on.

Peace!
i look at games from the 80s and i'm amazed at the bad defense ...good fundamentals are easy to show when you are wide open

people shot 60% from the field who couldn't shoot a lick but made living in the bad defense of the era

what the nba is now is more specialized and slower paced and lets not forget now the nba puts on the line they dont just let you layups

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
And even in this "horrible" game between the Knicks and Rockets, the teams combined to make 19 out of 38 three pointers. I bet if you went back and looked at every game in early 1980s, there would not be a single game where the two teams shot 30 or more three pointers and made half of them.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Marbury is being too unselfish right now. He needs to realize that his teammates suck here. There's no reason to pass them the ball.
I agree.in NY he's got to take more shots than with Suns.

rlucas - by the way they looked last game we should worry - about them getting a higher pick then us.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I watched the game. It really wasn't even that close.

Expect Thomas to fire the coach. Trade for Wallace. And put this team in the playoffs...by whatever means possible.

All good points. Thomas might even move himself to the bench after he's done making his personnel moves. Somehow I can't see him standing in a tunnel watching ballgames for the next ten years. He's going to want to be part of the action.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

All good points. Thomas might even move himself to the bench after he's done making his personnel moves. Somehow I can't see him standing in a tunnel watching ballgames for the next ten years. He's going to want to be part of the action.
thats too much.

i think he might replace coaching staff but sideline himself!?!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

thats too much.

i think he might replace coaching staff but sideline himself!?!
If he assembles a roster comprised of all long term contracts, what left for him to do, generally speaking?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

If he assembles a roster comprised of all long term contracts, what left for him to do, generally speaking?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He can always make more trades

·
Registered
146 Posts
i look at games from the 80s and i'm amazed at the bad defense ...good fundamentals are easy to show when you are wide open

people shot 60% from the field who couldn't shoot a lick but made living in the bad defense of the era
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner here, folks.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

I agree.in NY he's got to take more shots than with Suns.

rlucas - by the way they looked last game we should worry - about them getting a higher pick then us.
Or Phoenix getting a higher pick then us! :)

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Both teams or 0-2 since the trade, but I stand by my prediction that NY continues to go downhill and Phoenix will continue to get better.

I think this was a horrible trade for NY.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts