Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good read from Bill W., as usual...

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/wennington_050315.html

In the past few seasons, you could almost write off the chances of a victory when the Bulls trekked to the West Coast. That’s not the case anymore. In fact, if the team had not run out of gas in L.A. on Sunday, I believe they would have come home with a three-game sweep. Still, returning to Chicago with a couple wins and only one loss isn’t too shabby.

We flew to Portland a day after the Bulls last home game, the win over Milwaukee last Monday. We departed for Portland the next day and ‘wow’ is all I can say. As we were landing, we flew over Mount St. Helens and there was a tiny little puff of steam over the top of the mountain (volcano), which they say is normal. I got a picture of it, thinking that that was that.

Just a few minutes later, though, upon our arrival at the airport, the mountain erupted and shot a giant cloud of steam and ash into the sky. It was very impressive to say the least. It was reported that the cloud went up as high as 36,000 feet, just a small eruption compared to the big one back in 1981 that went as high as 65,000 feet. Still, it certainly isn’t something you see everyday, especially in Chicago and around the Midwest. Sometimes I take a little ribbing for carrying a camera around with me, but it was funny how everyone wanted to see the pictures of it, or wanted their picture with the cloud behind them…
Moving on to the reason we were in Portland in the first place, the Bulls beat the Trail Blazers in a well-played match that saw the Bulls take advantage of a team that is having its own rebuilding problems. We are winning the games we are supposed to win. That is what good teams do, and the Bulls, as we know, are getting better.

Next it was on to Seattle, where the team had a practice on Thursday and then the rest of the day to relax and enjoy the hospitality of the Pacific Northwest before their game with the Sonics. I can’t speak for all the players, but I know the broadcasters took full advantage of the hotel masseuse. Johnny “Red” Kerr even got down in the hot tub for a little rest and relaxation.

Anyone really want to mentally picture that?

The game against the Clippers did not go as well as the first two did. After fighting to get back into the game and then taking a fourth quarter lead, the Bulls ran out of gas in the last three minutes and fell victim to a late 9-2 Los Angeles run and lost.

While it was a shame to lose a winnable game like that, if you had asked anyone what they would have been happy with before the trip, they’d have said one win would be great. Chicago got a pair and was disappointed in not getting all three. The expectations are growing and while that means the pressure is also rising, it’s also a good thing because this group clearly is not happy with losing.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
Anyone really want to mentally picture that?
www.maidenform.com

(Note: the fact that my cheap joke takes place above the waist is NOT unintentional.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts