Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Wesley's slump...

421 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Eduardo 
#1 ·
has been extended to 11 games, 110 FGA and 59 3PTA.

FG: 29%
3PT FG: 23.7%

I don't know what to say. What goes up, must come down. And in Wesley's case it came down fast. I expected it with James because he has a tendency to be a streaky shooter, but Wesley is a career 37% 3PT shooter, so I have to say I'm a little baffled.

Coincidentally, it began during the Boston game where the rest of the team decided to take a night off and few have recovered.

#2 ·
You've gotta shoot your way out of a slump, I realize that, but come on .. we need to WIN right now... .. its getting just BAD. He was shooting like 60% for a few games before the Boston trip. Now our starting SG shoots 16% 3's tonight and -- I hate to say -- but really, cost us that game.

#3 · (Edited)
yeah,he sucked for the last some games.he couldn't help the team at all in tonite's game,couldn't guard Baron Davis,couldn't even make open shots and layups.dunno what's his problem,but hope he will bounce back and do a good job in the play-offs

#6 ·
Right now the Rockets could sign me and I'd shoot better than 1-6 from the 3. He's a good defender so van gundy will keep him in there, Barry will get more time if he can make his shots now that he's back. Wesley just souldnt be taking six threes when hes in a slump period.

#7 ·
Start either Barry or James as SG and have Wesley come off the bench until he can prove that he can be in the starting lineup once again.

#8 ·
start barry james tends to take a lil to amny shots but is stil very important

#9 ·
We should also consider Wesley always has the assignment of guarding the opponents best backcourt player. This is a tiresome job, maybe we should start Mike James (as a 2 guard) along with Sura for the last 8 games of the season and give Wesley some rest coming off the bench. With Howard out, McGrady and Yao hobbling, we really need everyone else to be at 100% for the playoffs.

#10 ·
His time will come again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.