Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. There are only three title contenders in the NBA. If all the players are healthy, Lakers are still the team to beat. Shaq is too much to any teams. Kings are better than they were two years ago. (peja was injured at that time). They have a good chance to beat Lakers. IMO Spurs are 3rd.

2. If Twolves can't finish with top three seeds in the regular season, they will be out easily in the first round. Their front count is weak in the defensive end. Then Mavs are the 2nd rounder.

3. It would be hugh for Rockets, Griz and Nuggets to make the playoffs. They can't go any further.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!
Grizzlies are the #1 team, Ballscientist. Thoughts?
If they were in the east, they would be the 4th title contender.

·
Registered
785 Posts
if the lakers are healthy
if the kings are healthy

They're not

Spurs are the team to beat they are the reigning Champion

there are 29 title contenders some have better chances some worse.....

the wolves still have much to prove but i belive their chances are very good...

on the 3rd point i agree tho

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!

If they were in the east, they would be the 4th title contender.
the conference means nothing. if they CHAMPIONSHIP contender with good chances iin the east theyre the same in the West

if theyr finals contenders in the east that's big difference

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Spurs, Twolves, Kings right now are the contenders. If I had my pick, I'd choose either Twolves or Spurs to win the whole thing.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
If the Grizzlies are in the east they are contenders for the 4 seed, nothing more.
I gave rawse (griz) a big sweet potato.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I tink itll come down to Lakers, Kings and Wolves, with the Wolves coming out on top this year

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
I tink itll come down to Lakers, Kings and Wolves, with the Wolves coming out on top this year
u don't think the spurs have a chance??

i think spurs are nr.1 wolves are 2
kings and healthy lakers are 3/4
if the lakers are not healthy than Mavs are 4 and lakers 5

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chapi</b>!

u don't think the spurs have a chance??

i think spurs are nr.1 wolves are 2
kings and healthy lakers are 3/4
if the lakers are not healthy than Mavs are 4 and lakers 5
i dont like the spurs chances this year.......having too much trouble on the offensive end....ginobli and Rasho will need to step it up more for them to have a chance

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Spurs don't stand much of a chance this season, competition is much better. They'll win it if other teams are unhealthy ala 2003 playoffs. Otherwise they just don't have enough O and their D isn't good enough to consistently stop great offenses like the Twolves, Kings, Lakers and Mavs in a 7 game series. Though it's good enough to stop all the other offenses in the NBA, which is very impressive.

If everyone is healthy it'll come down to the Twolves, Kings and Lakers. Bank on it.

[if the lakers are healthy
if the kings are healthy

They're not
Citing the current unhealthy nature of the Lakers and Kings as if that means they won't be completely healthy come the playoffs is just about the most idiotic logic I've ever heard.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let's rank the top 4:
1. Lakers
2. Kings
3. Spurs
4. Mavs

" who is healthy" is the key to win?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!

Citing the current unhealthy nature of the Lakers and Kings as if that means they won't be completely healthy come the playoffs is just about the most idiotic logic I've ever heard.
Lakers are not healthy now and they are rather old. so u have to be prepered for the posibility of injuries. i never said that they will not be healthy.

For the kings, they have a history of injuries so the probabylity of everyone beeing healthy in the playoffs is rather low...

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
Let's rank the top 4:
1. Lakers
2. Kings
3. Spurs
4. Mavs

" who is healthy" is the key to win?
Yea the Twolves should be included definitely. My top four would go like this:

1. Spurs - Defense wins championships, people overlook defense too often. Intensity and aggressiveness are raised in the playoffs, and that favors a defensive team.

2. Twolves - KG is an MVP, and now he has a solid point guard whos doing an excellent job. They play good defense as well as offense, and their 3 best players are very clutch.

3. Kings - Very very good team, I just always doubt them because of their playoff history. They also arent as good defensively as the top two. Should be very interesting to see how Webbers return affects their team.

4. Lakers - Injuries have really hurt their team, no pun intended. They would probably be near the top if they had time to work up the chemistry between the new guys. Payton still doesnt run the offense, Shaq still doesnt touch the ball enough, they keep pushing back Malones return date, and Kobes obviously not the same. Hard to imagine them winning it this year.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I think the Kings and TWolves have the most to prove and they will be the most successfull in the playoffs. The Lakers seem like they dont really want to win it all but then again to me they seem like that almost every year. I think the Spurs are not as good as they were last year and Rasho is not the answer for them at C. The Mavs have no defense and for that reason i think they will never be a good team in the playoffs. If it comes down to the Twolves and Kings, I would say the addition of a healthy Chris Webber would give them the advantage.

Here's how they stand to me:
1. Sac
2. Minn
3. LA
4. SA
5. Dal

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nuggets are likely to be 8th or 9th seed in the west.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts