Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Who better than the Logo

Hey, I agree with that as well. I think throwing Drew in there right away might be a bit much, but they should definitely share PT. On that same ESPN bit they talked about how they should go after Eddie Jones. That seems alright to me. I'm not a Jones fanatic, but he's better than Dickerson(whom I've never loved), and Swift(looks like a child lost in the forest), plus go ahead and throw knight in there cuz he's a plumber anyway. I'm interested to see how all these new foreign players pan out. All I know is I feel better with West holding the reigns than Knight. Never trust a man with a lisp. Imagine if we still had Bibby. I don't much like Williams he's too erratic. Anyway, what's done is done. Besides that I trust West fully. I dont' think he'd tarnish his record just to try and live up to or prove how good he is. It's a gift.

Anywayz, I'm out like JYD's teeth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Grizz forum Babby. I'm guessing your one of the fans left from Vancouver?

About Eddie Jones yes indeed they were right that Eddie Jones had an bad year last season. But who on the Heat actually had anything resembling a good year.

This kid still has a ton of game and he is a stopper on D. If I wanted a player who I know is gonna bring his game every day on both sides on the floor it's Eddie Jones.

Wright
Gasol
Gooden/Battier
Jones
Jwill

If that is not a playoff caliber team already it's prettty dam close.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'm just a little defensive when it comes to JWill but let the record show when Bibby and Reef were in Vanc. they never had anything over 23 wins and even when Jwill came in they continues to have 23 wins so......But your all right about EJ although I dont know if MikeD, Stro and BKnight are worth 1 Eddie Jones and Stephania. Stro is starting to learn the game and has some potential to be good. BKnight showed that he is a capable back-up and if Mike D comes back healthy and stays that way he could avg 13-15per game. EJ will avg his 20 and 5 and 3 but what we should do is get something back besides Stephania. Steph avg 4.3pts which is a career best.(thats not so good) I say EJ,Steph, and a resigned Eddie House for MikeD,Stro, and BKnight. That gives us EJ everyone knows what he can do and a versatile PG/SG that can paly minutes at both has good vision and ball handling and can shoot. And Stephania can play backup C sharing minutes with Trybanski and some minutes for TMass. I hope TMass plays more PF this year becuase he would be a good 2nd or 3rd option depending on how they want to use gooden and that way our YOUNG centers would get valuable minutes....

·
Registered
71 Posts
About Eddie Jones yes indeed they were right that Eddie Jones had an bad year last season. But who on the Heat actually had anything resembling a good year.
Eddie Jones may not have had an all-star year last year, but he started to heat up from the middle of the season towards the end. He was the true leader of the Heat team, which his numbers might have not shown to the full extent.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Eddie Jones is starting to age but then again Gary Payton hasn't really gotten worse. I am thinking that Jones isn't gonna have the typical years that he has been having.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Eddie has no help at all from the Heat. Maybe butler will be able to provide something so that eddie doesn't have to be the only one thats scores all the time.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I would love to see Drew Gooden to start, but I think he would be best to start off the bench then move him into the starting lineup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Drew will get his chance to start, however it probably won't be until we get into the season abit. I feel certain he'll probably be one of the 1st players off the bench though.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you think about it this shows how deep this Memphis team is compared to this rest of the lottery teams.

Houston-Ming Starter
Chicago- Jay Williams starter
Golden State-Dunleavy Starter
Cleveland- Wagner starter

You can probably go down 11 spots before you find a player who does not start. Maybe Wicox in LA that's about it in the top 11.

I really cant wait to see Gooden in regular season. I know I say that about every rookie but I hope this kid brings some valuable minutes off the bench.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts