Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it's early in the season it is already painfully obvious the East is still far behind the West in terms of Conference power. So far the West maintains a 50-37 record against eastern opponents and in the latest power rankings by ESPN.com the West has 6 teams in the top 8 and 8 in the top 11.

I could never really understand why exactly people were predicting the Western downfall prior to this season. Was it perhaps just wishful thinking for fans tired of seeing the West run through the East with ease? All I can say for those people is.... better luck next year. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
tempe85 said:
While it's early in the season it is already painfully obvious the East is still far behind the West in terms of Conference power. So far the West maintains a 50-37 record against eastern opponents and in the latest power rankings by ESPN.com the West has 6 teams in the top 8 and 8 in the top 11.

I could never really understand why exactly people were predicting the Western downfall prior to this season. Was it perhaps just wishful thinking for fans tired of seeing the West run through the East with ease? All I can say for those people is.... better luck next year. :biggrin:
the suns are not a top 8 team, a 7-5 record should be no higher than 12 on that list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mjm1 said:
the suns are not a top 8 team, a 7-5 record should be no higher than 12 on that list.
Hey did I even mention the Suns? No so why the heck would that be your response. And please don't comment on a team without actually watching them play more than 1 or 2 games.

Sounds like sour grapes to me seeing that the Nets just lost to the Suns...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
115,886 Posts
tempe85 said:
Hey did I even mention the Suns? No so why the heck would that be your response. And please don't comment on a team without actually watching them play more than 1 or 2 games.

Sounds like sour grapes to me seeing that the Nets just lost to the Suns...

yeah, especially seeing as though we have been in every game except one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
West has about 10 legit playoff teams, while the east has less probably 6-7 legit playoff teams... but the east have 2-3 contenders while the west has 1 with the rest a wash. Basically the east's top 3 teams are generally/expected to be significantly better than the rest, while the west has 1 team head and shoulders above the rest, where the remaining playoff teams can go either way... but Mavs are climbing though... West could have 2 soon. (this season anyways)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top