Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.7 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.9 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.3 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Shane Battier (8.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.1 minutes)
PF Pau Gasol (17.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 32.2 minutes)
SG Bonzi Wells (12.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 26.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.7 ppg, +5.1 rpg, and -1.4 apg.

Memphis trades: SF Shane Battier (8.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.1 minutes)
PF Pau Gasol (17.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 32.2 minutes)
SG Bonzi Wells (12.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 26.1 minutes)
Memphis receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 41 games)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 36 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 34 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.7 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Bonzi Wells
SF-Shane Battier
PF-Pau Gasol
C- Tyson Chandler

That is one of the best starting lineups in the league. Equal to Indianas imo. Kirk is a better point than whoever they have. Bonzi is as good as Miller. Artest is better than Battier but Battier doesnt suck. Pau is equal to or better than Oneal. Tyson is way better than which ever scrub they play at center on the given night.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
58,359 Posts
no way.

Memphis has williams at the pt. They don't need crawford.

IMO Memphis gives up too much from their team in this trade and will not do it.

Remember he may want Curry, but Craford does not get you Gasol and Wells both!

Remember the rumored trade was Battier/swift and Jones. Gasol was not in it. E-rob and Craford do not get us Gasol and Wells.

As a bulls fan, yes it is a nice trade for us, but you need to remember the OTHER team in this! They would not do this trade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paxson isnt stupid. He will not trade Curry to the Grizzlies for nothing short of Gasol. West is down on Gasol and West is also known to trade big talent for a player he wants.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!
Paxson isnt stupid. He will not trade Curry to the Grizzlies for nothing short of Gasol. West is down on Gasol and West is also known to trade big talent for a player he wants.
You are right. john is not supid. Jerry West isn't either! He may be down on Gasol, but Crawford will not get us wells and gasol. If West wants to trade Gasol, he could do better. IMO Gasol and Wells can bring him a very very nice player. Much better than Crawford and Robinson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,967 Posts
u keep on saying this trade is like jc for gasol+well, u think paxson would do the curry for battier trade? of course not, the key player in this trade is curry, would say the trade looks more like this, curry for gasol+a little bit, and jc for well +little bit, the 2 little bits add upto shane battier
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
780 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
u keep on saying this trade is like jc for gasol+well, u think paxson would do the curry for battier trade? of course not, the key player in this trade is curry, would say the trade looks more like this, curry for gasol+a little bit, and jc for well +little bit, the 2 little bits add upto shane battier
ive got a question what if we only do 1/2 the trade? do we only get a little bit of a battier?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
u keep on saying this trade is like jc for gasol+well, u think paxson would do the curry for battier trade? of course not, the key player in this trade is curry, would say the trade looks more like this, curry for gasol+a little bit, and jc for well +little bit, the 2 little bits add upto shane battier
as much as I wish it would happen,U making fun of West.
I'm on the Bulls side , but from Grizs side they r looking at it as
Gasol=EC+a bit
Crawford-we dont want him,but we might do a favour to John Paxson and give him D.Jones or Earl Watson(or not,a West fav')
so we have to give them extra.
and no way u could fool west to saying Battier is 2 bits.he's a very good player.I think will turnout better then Jamal(and i like him),Bonzi,and probably any player on our current team(EC and maybe TC can turn out better)so in a way of looking at it - we don't have enough to get Battier,it all depends what side u r on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
This trade rips of the grizzlies bad, we'd be lucky to get Gasol and Battier for JC and Curry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,967 Posts
battier is totally expandable from the grizziles, they have 4 very good 2/3 in wells,millers, posey. i think west is just trying to get a little more from paxson for curry, but if i were paxson theres no way i would do curry for gasol straigfht up, i would want a little more. if we keep waitng, i bet west will offer more nearing the deadline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Are u jokin???
Pau is by far a better player than Eddy.. He is the franchise player.. Curry so far is a delusion... West wants to win soon... so won't do this trade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Who wants Bonzi Wells? Brings us back to what we had with captain disgruntled Ron Artest, minus the talent!

No thanks! Wouldn't mind doing some sort of Gasol/Curry deal but Bonzi Wells better not be Chicago bound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BSchmaranz</b>!
Who wants Bonzi Wells? Brings us back to what we had with captain disgruntled Ron Artest, minus the talent!

No thanks! Wouldn't mind doing some sort of Gasol/Curry deal but Bonzi Wells better not be Chicago bound.
At this point, I don't think it matters what the player's reputation is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!
Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.7 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.9 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.3 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Shane Battier (8.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.1 minutes)
PF Pau Gasol (17.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 32.2 minutes)
SG Bonzi Wells (12.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 26.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.7 ppg, +5.1 rpg, and -1.4 apg.

Memphis trades: SF Shane Battier (8.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.1 minutes)
PF Pau Gasol (17.5 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 32.2 minutes)
SG Bonzi Wells (12.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 26.1 minutes)
Memphis receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 41 games)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 36 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 34 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.7 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-Bonzi Wells
SF-Shane Battier
PF-Pau Gasol
C- Tyson Chandler

That is one of the best starting lineups in the league. Equal to Indianas imo. Kirk is a better point than whoever they have. Bonzi is as good as Miller. Artest is better than Battier but Battier doesnt suck. Pau is equal to or better than Oneal. Tyson is way better than which ever scrub they play at center on the given night.



Are you kidding me?

This trade isn't even close to being realistic. There is no way West would give up his best player in Gasol for a HUGE question mark in Curry. And Bonzi + Battier is WAY overpaying for Crawford who wouldn't start over Miller or J-Will.

West is interested in Curry because he needs a center, but he's not going to "gut" his team to get him.

And for the record where has it been reported that West isn't high on Gasol?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BSchmaranz</b>!
Who wants Bonzi Wells? Brings us back to what we had with captain disgruntled Ron Artest, minus the talent!

No thanks! Wouldn't mind doing some sort of Gasol/Curry deal but Bonzi Wells better not be Chicago bound.

Bonzi has been a model citizen since coming to Memphis
 

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
Joined
·
19,803 Posts
Pai is better on offense than Curry, a better defender, and an overall better player and he is only two years older than Curry.

Wells is better than Crawford, period.

Eddie Robinson, unless we are starting a black college football team...Battier is better.

So unless Chicago is giving up an unprotected 1st round pick in 2004...no thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,733 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MemphisX</b>!
Pai is better on offense than Curry, a better defender, and an overall better player and he is only two years older than Curry.

Wells is better than Crawford, period.

Eddie Robinson, unless we are starting a black college football team...Battier is better.

So unless Chicago is giving up an unprotected 1st round pick in 2004...no thanks.
I'd throw in that pick.

Hinrich\Wells\Battier\Gasol\Chander with an MLE guard\Dupree\JYD\AD sound very good to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!


I'd throw in that pick.

Hinrich\Wells\Battier\Gasol\Chander with an MLE guard\Dupree\JYD\AD sound very good to me.

arent you afraid chandler will die playing center? he just cant handle the banging
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
YOU all have to remember that West still has Swift inside. He is as good and more physical than Chandler. He should compliment Curry as well or better than Chandler. I wouldn't be suprised if West pulled this one. Yes giving up Gasol is tough but getting Curry might be worth it. JC will likely get traded again. Curry/Swift might not be that bad and, potentially, better than Swift/Gasol. They are in the western conference so they have to have a good inside core. Gasol/Swift will not be any better than they are now. We all know they are not that good right now.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top