Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody is talking about Dan Dickau....... Do you guys think he will play a key role for this team as well as SAR and Theo????? I think he will be a awsome backup......:yes:

·
Registered
518 Posts
His wife was an ex-blazer dancer. They;ve got to be THRILLED coming home!

I wanted the Blazers to draft him, but he got selected right before the Blazers picked I believe....or maybe it was after.

Great future pointguard, IMO.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
I love Dickau and watched him play at Gonzaga. His contract is guaranteed though, so whoever suggested we waive him.

I like it, but at the same time, I see him getting absolutely no time behind Cook. If you guys disliked Damon, you'll hate Dickau. He's definitely more of a shooter than a passer.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>tblazrdude</b>!
I love Dickau and watched him play at Gonzaga. His contract is guaranteed though, so whoever suggested we waive him.

I like it, but at the same time, I see him getting absolutely no time behind Cook. If you guys disliked Damon, you'll hate Dickau. He's definitely more of a shooter than a passer.
You Think Cook will backup Damon instead of Dickau????

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The guy is garbage, everyone wanted to compare him to Stockton in college but they musta had what Damon was smokin. Dan is trash, he went to the same high school I did and he's an ***. He likely won't last in the NBA after his contract runs out.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sambonius</b>!
The guy is garbage, everyone wanted to compare him to Stockton in college but they musta had what Damon was smokin. Dan is trash, he went to the same high school I did and he's an ***. He likely won't last in the NBA after his contract runs out.
There were a lot of guys from my hometown who made it to the NHL. They all had teh same reputation is seems Dickau has earned. Doesn't make them bad hockey players.

I think Dickau should should be the backup. He's a skilled shooter and showed a lot of promise in college. I hope he succeeds.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sambonius</b>!

I live in Spokane where Gonzaga and he is like a GOD here..it was him that put Spokane on the map..everytime that the ZAGS where in the college playoff games..now he got a raw deal with the HAWKS..so lets see if he stays and plays well...i think we can trade him but it is a 1 on 1 trade..but before anyone starts to want to ship him off..lets see how it goes first.. i would rather have DAN then DAMON...:laugh:

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!

There were a lot of guys from my hometown who made it to the NHL. They all had teh same reputation is seems Dickau has earned. Doesn't make them bad hockey players.

I think Dickau should should be the backup. He's a skilled shooter and showed a lot of promise in college. I hope he succeeds.

:rofl:

If the rumors about Dickau's attitude/personality are true, this is just too priceless. I guess "character" is only an issue for certain *types* of people.

As a player....no chance. If he couldn't earn minutes in Atlanta, he is hopeless.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!

As a player....no chance. If he couldn't earn minutes in Atlanta, he is hopeless.
Not necessarily. Sometimes coaches are stubborn about certain players. I don't think Dickau is proven, and, anyway, he was just a throw-in. I think he was a nice snag for nothing...perhaps he can still flourish.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

Not necessarily. Sometimes coaches are stubborn about certain players. I don't think Dickau is proven, and, anyway, he was just a throw-in. I think he was a nice snag for nothing...perhaps he can still flourish.
See Stacey Augmon, who was cut from the Rockets.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I don't think Dickau is going to be anything special. He can't handle the ball good enough to be Steve Nash, and he has less speed than other PG's his size. The best he can be is solid backup, unless he played on Utah, where they can make Raul lopez look good.

Dan Dickau = Brent Price

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tblazrdude</b>!

ouch! god bless the uneducated opinions on this board. :)
Ramsey said he's basically worthless-said he will "likely never be an NBA caliber player" and added "he won't see minutes in Portland". 910 The Fan pre-game show Tuesday 2/10/04.

He is the token PR guy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts