Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard rumors that cuban is signing the clippers center michael olowakandi and i was wondering if any body knows something about the deal?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I've heard rumors that quite a few teams are interested in Kandi, but right now, rumors or dreams are all it can be. It'll be interesting to see what happens with a player like Kandi.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he doesnt have to be that great,were not signing shaq here,but he will be one of the best centers in the league.
he got a pretty good season with averages of(astimated):12 ppg,8 rpg ,1.7 bpg.
and beside that,hes a 7 footer with good defance,and if he comes than raef will move to number 4,his more natural position.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
"and beside that,hes a 7 footer with good defance,and if he comes than raef will move to number 4,his more natural position"

If (that is a huge little word, isn't it?) Kandi comes and Raef then goes to pf and then Dirk at sf and Finley at sg with Nash at the pg, one could assume that would be a formidable starting line up, right?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by TheRifleman
"and beside that,hes a 7 footer with good defance,and if he comes than raef will move to number 4,his more natural position"

If (that is a huge little word, isn't it?) Kandi comes and Raef then goes to pf and then Dirk at sf and Finley at sg with Nash at the pg, one could assume that would be a formidable starting line up, right?
yeah but then wouldnt minutes be a problem

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
"If (that is a huge little word, isn't it?) Kandi comes and Raef then goes to pf and then Dirk at sf and Finley at sg with Nash at the pg, one could assume that would be a formidable starting line up, right? "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"yeah but then wouldnt minutes be a problem"

-------------------------------------------------

I don't think it would be any more of a problem than the minutes already are, but then I guess nellie would find a way to make it work. He is pretty inventive offensively.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It'll go like this:

PG Steve Nash
SG Michael Finley
SF Dirk Nowitzki
PF Raef LaFrentz
C Mike Olawakandi

I think that line up sounds pretty cool, with Kandi on there side, they'll probably make it to the finals next year.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I am still not a favorite of Kandi. He really have not shown me anythign that pops up.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Kandi played much better last year, but I attribute most of that improvement to having Brand getting doubled and taking the pressure off of Kandi. He could have some good play with Dallas, as Dirk demands some extra attention.

One can only wait and see what transpires.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I agree that Kandi shown some promise with Brand there. If he does sign with Dallas, he has Raef and Dirk who can help him with rebounds and blocks and so forth. Good player surround by otther good/great players make him look good. AKA look at Kobe. Without shaq, I am one of the few who thinks that Kobe would not be a player as he is today.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Yes, Kobe is a great player, but it is obvious that having Shaq helps any player - on both ends of the floor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts