Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rodney White is obviously underestimated. Carmelo should play 35 minutes, Nene 25 and I would give White at least 25 MPG. Just have a look at his stats: more than eight PPG in less than 14 minutes. I think he deserves a better chance than this. He should be one of the contenders for the best sixth player in the league (you'll probably say that he plays in the trash time but I do believe that he would score at least 15PPG if he's given a chance.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
He might score 15 ppg, but whoever he was guarding would score at least 25 ppg. Rodney White is likely the worst defender in the entire NBA.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apologie

My apologies for putting this thread in the draft section.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
rodney white is great
his D maybe below average
well waaaaay below average
but dont be surprised if he avg something around
20 6 2 next season for the bobcats

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
He might score 15 ppg, but whoever he was guarding would score at least 25 ppg. Rodney White is likely the worst defender in the entire NBA.
Last year? Sure. This year? Nope. His defense has drastically improved. Is there still room for improvement? Yeah, but he shut down Finley twice this year, which is saying a lot. He's no longer a liability on defense. To be honest with you, although it's effort related, Carmelo doesn't play defense any better than Rodney. Things change...

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
So why is he pretty much glued to the bench? Remember, this is a guy who you predicted would start for the Nuggets, and he only started getting any minutes when Jon Barry got injured. His offense is clearly not the problem, so what IS the problem?

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
So why is he pretty much glued to the bench? Remember, this is a guy who you predicted would start for the Nuggets, and he only started getting any minutes when Jon Barry got injured. His offense is clearly not the problem, so what IS the problem?
[No personal attacks - JGKoblenz]

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Well then Mr. Einstein, maybe you would care to explain Rodney White's playing time in these games that happened before Jon Barry's injury:

10/29 vs Spurs: DNP - coach's decision
10/30 at Rockets: 3 minutes of garbage time
11/9 at Raptors: DNP - coach's decision
11/14 vs Magic: DNP - coach's decision
11/19 vs Bucks: DNP - coach's decision
11/21 vs Wizards: 2 minutes of garbage time
11/22 at Mavs: DNP - coach's decision
12/2 vs Cavs: 17 seconds of playing time
12/5 vs Warriors: DNP - coach's decision
12/9 at Hawks: DNP - coach's decision
12/12 at Sixers: DNP - coach's decision
12/13 at Knicks: DNP - coach's decision

Then Jon Barry got injured in mid-December and White has not had a DNP-CD ever since, and he's played about 15 minutes a game.

It sure looks like his role on the team is to play backup in case someone else gets injured.

I don't expect my lowly posts to convince you, Mr. Einstein, but hopefully at least the mods will see where I was coming from and won't ban me.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Bzdelik doesn't like him, honestly. I know a guy inside the Nuggets organization (who, by the way, got Rodney to hook me up with a floor level ticket) and he reaffirms the fact that Bzdelik doesn't like Rodney. Rodney's attitude sucked last year and it rubbed Bzdelik the wrong way. Rodney earned the starting spot coming into the season, but Voshon is a Bzdelik favorite and got the nod. I'm not saying Rodney is a great defender or doesn't play bad defense at times, but it's not the gaping deficiency it once was. There are other factors involved here.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoddneyThaRippa</b>!

Bzdelik doesn't like him, honestly. I know a guy inside the Nuggets organization (who, by the way, got Rodney to hook me up with a floor level ticket) and he reaffirms the fact that Bzdelik doesn't like Rodney. Rodney's attitude sucked last year and it rubbed Bzdelik the wrong way. Rodney earned the starting spot coming into the season, but Voshon is a Bzdelik favorite and got the nod. I'm not saying Rodney is a great defender or doesn't play bad defense at times, but it's not the gaping deficiency it once was. There are other factors involved here.
Fair enough.

I'm a little suspicious, because Bzdelik seems like one of the best coaches in the NBA to me, and I'd be surprised if he limited the minutes a player who would help the team win, purely out of spite.

He'll get another chance to prove himself next year, almost certainly not with the Nuggets, and that will almost certainly be his last chance to make it in the NBA. I'm not holding my breath, but if what you say is true, maybe he's got a shot.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Fair enough.

I'm a little suspicious, because Bzdelik seems like one of the best coaches in the NBA to me, and I'd be surprised if he limited the minutes a player who would help the team win, purely out of spite.

He'll get another chance to prove himself next year, almost certainly not with the Nuggets, and that will almost certainly be his last chance to make it in the NBA. I'm not holding my breath, but if what you say is true, maybe he's got a shot.
Bzdelik is a little shady. He's a great motivator and teacher, but when it comes to playing time and rotations there is much left to be desired.

I'm thinking Rodney will find himself onto that Charlotte squad as the starting small forward. He'll make it in the NBA no matter what, but whether it'll be as a backup or a starter remains to be seen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts