Felton will not go that high.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Only time will tell...but yea your probably right

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i cant see charlotte trading down at all... would make no sense....

they want to get a star to build around, a big name to draw more people in to the stands (not like they will need more of a draw not having a team in so long). I am sure charlotte would much rather draft one player with superstar potential than get two with starter potential.

plus this draft has too many players at the top to even consider trading down

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Charlotte Draft Board (?)

At #4 and being an expansion franchise, I think their board may look something like this:

1.) Emeka - surest thing in the draft - would be a killer PF in the East. Big time defender/shotblocker/rebounder. Looks like Zo Jr.
2.) Howard - back and forth between he and Okafor. Dwight has more potential, but more risk as well. Could be KG/Duncan or Kwame Brown.
3.) Pavel - the big question mark. Could go #1. Really has unlimited potential as nobody has seen that much athleticism from anyone at 7'5. Now that he has successfully stopped his pituitary from making him grow and given his improvement this year, unless he gets injured, I can't see him getting past #3.
4.) Deng - I think the previous three will be gone, and if declared, I think the 'Cats would jump on this pick. He has a very balanced, refined game, is versatile, and has great hoops IQ. I don't know if the Bobs would let him slip if available. He could be an All-Star very early in his career.
5.) Josh Smith - he has huge potential and could be a superstar. He is known as the most spectacular player not in the NBA. Unlike Darius, Josh is a decent shooter.
6.) Tiago Splitter - Is 7 feet and has great perimeter skills. Has lots of potential, but a risky pick also. However, in their infancy, the Bobcats franchise has room to gamble.
7.) Ben Gordon - Ben is the safest guard pick in the draft, save for maybe Jameer Nelson, but Jameer will not likely go this high. Ben is a very good combo-guard, although his pro position will be PG. He is an excellent shooter and a good playmaker.
8.) Kosta Perovic - is 7'2. Is unpolished, but has lots of potential.
9.) Andris Biedrins - unpolished on offense, but a solid defender/shotblocker. He has good size and won't turn 18 until April. Not as much potential as Tiago, but may be a safer pick.
10.) Ha-Seung Jin - 7'3 300lbs. Huge along w/ huge potential. Nowhere near the skills of Yao, but has a Yao-like frame.

Long-shots -

Shaun Livingston (maybe not the way his stock is soaring)
Jameer Nelson
Hakim Warrick
Andre Iguodala
LaMarcus Aldridge

As much as UNC fans would like to see Ray Felton go to the Bobcats, it very likely will not happen. Although Ray is a great playmaker, Jameer is much more refined, and don't see Ray going before Jameer.

With their first pick they can either pick a (relatively) sure college player, gamble on a big man (or Josh Smith), or trade down (which I think is unlikely). I think they will keep their pick. They need a franchise player to go w/ their new franchise :D

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Pavel and Howard will probably be gone with the first 2 picks
than Okafor will be 3rd IMO

J.Smith
Deng
Andre Iguodala

are the 3 i think they will be lookin at
i think Iguodala will end up the best one out of those way better than Deng(overrated)
and a better all around player than J.Smith
but they will probably end up with Deng and he will lead them nowhere
their gonna end up with some Euro dude next year
for now they will probably rely on whoever they take 1st in the expansion draft

they should trade the 4th pick to the suns for their 2 picks

·
Registered
39 Posts
AI from Zona is a player to win a title with ala Jefferson. However to build around I think that after the top three and assuming Deng stays to the I want to stay in school speech, the best bet is to trade down and grab Shaun. A team leader with size and skill is undervalued and vital to a title.

Also in a deeper draft this year picking up an extra second round pick would be awesome!

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Iguodala isn't a great pick at #4. Sure he's a super freak athletically and he'll make Sports Center every night, but he's just not a guy who's going to score 20 a night, or even 15. Not someone to build a franchise around. I think Emeka is the best pick, but I don't agree with the Zo comparison, I think he's much more like Jermaine O'Neil, but he won't take 5 years to emerge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
no way

no way in hell is andre iguodala a top 10 pick, let alone the bobcats selection at 4, what are you smoking, pass that stuff, anyways, it would be a catastrophe if available the bobcats do not take okafor, he is the most dominant player in college basketball, and has the smarts and maturity of a 10 year vet. he is a great low post force and a smaller version of mutombo in his prime days of swatting. Greatest player of the draft next year, and already a lock for ROY 2005

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Re: no way

Originally posted by <b>GATR4LYFE</b>!
no way in hell is andre iguodala a top 10 pick, let alone the bobcats selection at 4, what are you smoking, pass that stuff, anyways, it would be a catastrophe if available the bobcats do not take okafor, he is the most dominant player in college basketball, and has the smarts and maturity of a 10 year vet. he is a great low post force and a smaller version of mutombo in his prime days of swatting. Greatest player of the draft next year, and already a lock for ROY 2005
He will likely not be in the top 5, but has a good chance of sneaking into the lottery or top 10. My guess is he's leaving.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
i dont know what pick he is gonna be good
im saying what pick he deserves to be
and he is definatly top 10 and probably top 5
i can't say cuz i havent seen most of these euros play
the ones i did it was really little and mostly highlights

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fjkdsi</b>!
im saying what pick he deserves to be
I think Andre could go as high as 8 or 9, or as low as the late teens. I think 10-15 is the likeliest place for him. He is just so versatile and athletic, I can't imagine him slipping too far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.