Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.9 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (12.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.8 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.2 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.7 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Eddie Jones (18.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 37.0 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (6.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -17.2 ppg, -8.5 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

Miami trades: SG Eddie Jones (18.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 37.0 minutes)
SF Caron Butler (6.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.2 minutes)
Miami receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34 games)
C Eddy Curry (12.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 29 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 20 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30 games)
Change in team outlook: +17.2 ppg, +8.5 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
You have been assigned Trade ID number 1403044

Not sure if I'd do it, but I think it has enough advantages for each team for it to be considered.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Gee, I haven't seen this permutation of players before. :rolleyes:

That's basically the exact same Miami/Chicago trade that everyone's posted since the beginning of the season...with Eddy Curry as a throw-in. Bulls aren't trading Curry for Caron Butler.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Thats a horrible trade idea. I think I would rather see the Bulls commit ritual suicides than do that deal. Man what a stinker!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!
Gee, I haven't seen this permutation of players before. :rolleyes:

That's basically the exact same Miami/Chicago trade that everyone's posted since the beginning of the season...with Eddy Curry as a throw-in. Bulls aren't trading Curry for Caron Butler.
Gee, maybe I'm not including Curry as a throw in. :rolleyes:

Maybe I think the trade is only reasonable for both sides if Curry is included.

Maybe your laughable 'statement of fact' that the Bulls aren't trading Curry for Caron Butler means absolutely nothing in terms of whether a trade will happen. :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Thats a horrible trade idea. I think I would rather see the Bulls commit ritual suicides than do that deal. Man what a stinker!
Like I said in my original post, not sure if I'd do it, just playing devils advocate. Granted, we're giving away alot of guys that we've pinned our hopes and dreams on. But all four of these guys(Crawford, Curry, EROB, Fizer) despite showing flashes have not delivered consistently. And consistency seem to be a huge part of what Paxson/Skiles is demanding out of players on this team.

IMO, bringing EJ and Caron would simply add to the Bulls' toughness and defensive ability, while at the same time adding two perimeter scoring options. And both of these guys are more consistent then the guys we'd be trading.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's interesting that when somethings are not going the way we'd like to, Curry is included in trade scenarios. I still remember, not quite the same, Eddy Curry, who was dominating Shaq O'Neill last year. So I'm asking myself, why is Eddy, our future, included in trade scenarios. I think, it's because his lack of determination is a big concern.

Why would it be in Eddy's interest to become the best center in the league?

Honestly, a lot of us doubt Eddy's determination, despite his age, to become a monster in this league. In order to improve, to want the improvement, you have to have will, determination, which a coach can't implement. In our case, Skiles can just show him the meaning of being the best center in this league. But how? What would be reasons for Eddy Curry to torture himself in the weight room? Well, money ain't a strong motivation in my humble opinion.
What's the worth of becoming the next best center after Shaq?

Would it be the media attention? No, I don't think so, because Eddy isn't an extrovert personality, who enjoys the limelight.
Would it be the success of a franchise? No, I don't think so, because would it be in my interest, that my firm, which employs me, has success? Not basically.
Have you ever heard a commitment from Eddy, that he would do everything in order to achieve his goal, which means becoming the best center in the league?
Why did Michael Jordan want to become the best player in the league? Was his motivation morbid?
Why should it be in Eddy's interest to become better, when he doesn't like to hit the weight room, when we doubt his will to succeed. Is Skiles capable of motivating Curry with methods similar to the ones of Sergeant Hartmann? I think as long as Eddy Curry rests on his laurels, we won't see an Eddy Curry reaching his potential.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts