Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I like the winning that's taking place I still notice the lack of force inside. I believe that we will make the playoffs and when we do we will need some muscle inside to help out. For this I like either Theo Ratliff, who leads the league in shot-blocking, or Scott Pollard, who doesn't really play any significant minutes for the Pacers but is a solid contributor when he does play. I like Theo because he can cause teams to think twice about attacking the middle and his contract ends after next season so even if he gets injured he won't have to be around for a long time. Plus Atlanta needs players and that's what we have. Also at the end of the year we have to protect eight of our best players for the expansion draft so we might as well make a trade. As for Pollard, he is a hardworking individual who would not detract from the positive atmosphere on the team. He works hard on the boards and I think he needs a change of scenery and it may do him good to be back with J-Will.

Holla Back.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I agree that it'd be nice if we get a force inside. We'd be playing at another level. Theo and Pollard aren't the answers though. Don't underestimate Wright and Swift. As of right now I'd take Wright over Theo, and Swift over Pollard. Both are way more productive. Theo's contract is :uhoh:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mr Black</b>!
Also at the end of the year we have to protect eight of our best players for the expansion draft so we might as well make a trade.
that makes no sense to me, but seems to sum up your general basketball philosophy: trade for the sake of trading.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Why don´t you just combine Lorenzen Wright and Stromile Swift into one super-center called Stromenzen Wrift??? That would be cool...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.