Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

what are they going to do in the off season?

429 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  NOODLESTYLE
somebodsy please tell me cause they need some major improvement.is there still any hope opf the 07 plan or is it now the o8 plan and is there any trades that we are looking at or any possible free agent signings?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Who knows.. hopefully trade Cook closer to home..
The Lakers are still going to be over the cap next season. They can use some $$$ from the MLE, but it's not going to drastically change the team. Unless they do a trade, they will not improve too much from the team they have now. And because of the below par play of all The Lakers this season, except Kobe, there isn't too much the team can get in return from a trade.

What will probably happen is one more year of mediocracy from The Lakers, then Jerry Buss' great plan of 2007 will take affect. But, if the rumors are true that Kwame Brown has been signed past 2007, then The Lakers will have only have 6 signed players (Kobe, Lamar, Kwame, Bynum, Sasha, and Cook) with a total salary of $42.09 million. Let's say they get 5 scrub players for about .5 million each, then the salary would be at $44.59 million. I don't know how much the cap will be by the 2007-2008 season, but it doesn't look like The Lakers will be floating in too much free agent money by then.

It's going to be very interesting to see what kind of changes The Lakers will (or won't) do.
See less See more
They sure need improvement, but not by trading many current players. I say they just need to play more as a team, then they are the top in the league. Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with the current lineup, just play smarter games. Many games this season they lost are very close games, either they did some rare stupid mistakes or they were just unlucky. Don't change the lineup, well one or two is okay, but definately not the core players(Kobe, Lamar, Chris) and keep Devean George and Luke Walton and Brain Cook. Parker is sometimes hot and sometimes cold, tries to be more consistent then he is an excellent starter point guard. Kwame Brown? I don't know what should be done to this guy........
Question; Can We Trade Brian Grands Salary, For A Player Or Players That Make The Same Amout. Salary Cap Relief For The Other Team???????????
onelakerfan said:
Question; Can We Trade Brian Grands Salary, For A Player Or Players That Make The Same Amout. Salary Cap Relief For The Other Team???????????
no
Brian34Cook said:
Who knows.. hopefully trade Cook closer to home..

Are you Brian Cook?
Lakermike05 said:
Are you Brian Cook?
Nah Cook has been playing a lot lately...i dont think he has time posting here. Its probably his agent.
brian cook = a taller eric piakowski

LMAO
are any of these players Free Agents?

Flip Murray, Reggie Evans, Joel Pryzbilla, Marcus Banks, Eddie Griffin, Dan Gadzuric?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.