Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What do you see happening in the next 2 seasons?

• 2 trips to the Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 WCF appearences (those damned Thunder!!)

• 1 WCF appearence

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the ceiling for this revamped Laker team would be for the next two seasons (i think that Kobe has 2 elite years on him, and then he will dropoff/retire).

Assuming:, for the best two seasons, that:
- Kobe plays at elite level;
- Dwight resigns with the team;
- Nash and Metta play solid;
- We keep our bench of Blake, Duhon, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison and Hill or have minor tinketing on it;
- No major injuries occur;
What should we be looking at (reasonable scenario, not necessarily best case scenario)?

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I think 2 trips to the Finals and one title is likely and doable 2 titles will be tough with all the players and coaches acclimating to playing at such a high level cohesively.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
they should be competing for titles both seasons but as with any team, especially old ones, health is of vital importance - I remember 2004

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I think if we can get 1 championship in the next 2 seasons it will be considered a success. There are some very good teams at the top of the league and having talent is no guarantee that you will win. As long as we stay healthy, and gel as a unit, I think we can take home at least one of those titles.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
First you ask for the ceiling, than you say reasonable scenerios? I think almost every option on your list is reasonable.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
First you ask for the ceiling, than you say reasonable scenerios? I think almost every option on your list is reasonable.
When I saw someone picked "Other - please specify" I thought to myself "Hmmmm... looks like Doctor Jizzy was here". I'm let down.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
When I saw someone picked "Other - please specify" I thought to myself "Hmmmm... looks like Doctor Jizzy was here". I'm let down.
Whenever someone gives me the option of other I always pick it. And then I never explain my reasoning. If I can slightly ruin their day I feel like I did a good job.

Remember R-star, I'm easily a bigger dick than you.

Think I'll go vote "other" on one of Lukes polls about the greatest ever!

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
Whenever someone gives me the option of other I always pick it. And then I never explain my reasoning. If I can slightly ruin their day I feel like I did a good job.

Remember R-star, I'm easily a bigger dick than you.

Think I'll go vote "other" on one of Lukes polls about the greatest ever!
Nobody is a bigger dick than R-Star...

NOBODY

:D

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Nobody is a bigger dick than R-Star...

NOBODY

:D
No way this is true? I mean he has a picture of himself touching a naked Dre lovingly on the lips?

Dre hates me so much he won't even let me get near him naked.... despite the glorious site that is my nude body.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I did not see this conversation coming when I opened this thread - you all have gone to a very dark place

1 - 14 of 14 Posts