Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delonte West
Luis Flores
Will Bynum
Anthony Roberson
Royal Ivey
Elijah Ingram
 

·
just foul
Joined
·
6,913 Posts
I like Delonte West the best of the group. He is 6'4, can play both guard positions, and is a smart player. West just had a tremedous game against Xavier in which he scored 33pts (including 12-12FG, 3-3 3FG, 6-6FT) 5 assists, and 6 boards. Plus he is only a junior, and should put up huge numbers next year after Jameer leaves. I think he can find a place in the league.

Roberson is a decent PG prospect. He has decent size (6'1), is a great penetrator and a solid shooter. I think scouts would like to see him be more a distributor. He seems to still have a score-first mentality. He is a solid prospect however.

I like Royal Ivey. He has good size (6'3-6'4) and is a very good defender. He is more of a 2 than a point. He kind of reminds me of a poor-man's Frank Williams. He'll get some attention from NBA teams after the season. I think he may find a role in the league as a defensive specialist; if not, he'll play-for-pay somewhere.

Flores is a big-time scorer but is undersized for the SG position. He should some looks from NBA teams, but it's unsure whether he'll be in the NBA next year.

Bynum is an excellent athlete, but is another undersized 2. He is only around 5'11. I think unless he improves his point skills, it's Europe for him.

Ingram is a 5'11 also and is a solid point. He is unpolished and should definitely stay in school.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Profanity</b>!
Delonte West
Luis Flores
Will Bynum
Anthony Roberson
Royal Ivey
Elijah Ingram
i like all of these players, and i think they are all some pretty strong guards (they can almost all be considered guards)
these guys are all pretty talented and i like the way they play

I havn't seen Ingram play yet, so these statements exclude him.. ive only read about him in SLAM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Re: Re: What Are Your Opinions On These Players...

Originally posted by <b>Pistolballer</b>!




I havn't seen Ingram play yet, so these statements exclude him.. ive only read about him in SLAM
I can tell you about Ingram, he will never sniff the NBA. He was an excellent player in high school but his game didn't translate to College. He only has one move and its a sorry in an out, he is a streak shooter, and is off more times than not. One game last year he was 2-20 from 3 in a game. He doesn't create well for his teammates, many people out here call him the worst McDonald's All-American ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What Are Your Opinions On These Players...

Originally posted by <b>Kmasonbx</b>!


I can tell you about Ingram, he will never sniff the NBA. He was an excellent player in high school but his game didn't translate to College. He only has one move and its a sorry in an out, he is a streak shooter, and is off more times than not. One game last year he was 2-20 from 3 in a game. He doesn't create well for his teammates, many people out here call him the worst McDonald's All-American ever.
wow, he couldnt possibly be that bad?!
thanks for the info though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
i'm going with royal ivey. He's a good defender and a great shooter, especially from beyond the arch. plus he's a clutch shooter.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top