Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I'm jumping band wagons to Boston this year .. the Bulls have sucked for ten years...

I predict 39 - 41 wins, barely make the playoffs, first round exit.
Did I really say this? At this rate we'd be lucky to get over 30 games. And as for the playoffs, well... I guess we might claw our way in. Maybe, maybe not.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Uh oh, looks like Taco Daddy could be way off. Right now the Bulls are 29 - 27 with 26 games left. In order to beat my revised prediction of 37 - 45, the Bulls would simply need to win 8 games. It's not likely the Bulls would fare as bad as 8 - 18 the rest of the way. In fact, if they just went 12 - 14 the rest of the way they would end the season at .500.

WOW. We've come a long way since the beginning of the season. Here's the last 26 games we have left and my predictions:

H: Indiana - W
H: Portland - L
A: Indiana - W
H: Atlanta - L
H: Memphis - W
H: Dallas - L
H: Utah - L
A: Orlando - L
A: Miami - W
A: Memphis - L
A: Dallas - L
H: Cleveland - L
A: Philadelphia - W
H: Houston - L
H: Miami - W
H: New Jersey - W
A: Detroit - W
H: Phoenix - L
A: Washington - W
H: Charlotte - W
H: Milwaukee - W
A: New Jersey - W
A: Toronto - L
H: Boston - L
A: Charlotte - W

I count at least 13 W's we should be able to get. That would put us at 42 - 40 at the end of the season. Not too shabby.

What seed will we end up at? Hopefully we can get high enough up that we get a weak team we can pick off and advance to the second round this year.

Does Taco Daddy need to change his avatar and come back home? :D

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
H: Indiana - W
H: Portland - W
A: Indiana - W
H: Atlanta - W
H: Memphis - W
H: Dallas - L
H: Utah - L
A: Orlando - L
A: Miami - W
A: Memphis - L
A: Dallas - W
A: Philadelphia - W
H: Houston - W
H: Miami - W
H: New Jersey - W
A: Detroit - W
H: Phoenix - W
A: Washington - W
H: Charlotte - L
H: Milwaukee - W
A: New Jersey - W
A: Toronto - W
H: Boston - W
A: Charlotte - L

I'm hopeful :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here is the Bucks forecasted WIN/LOSS Schedule

Indiana W
Miami L
Atlanta L
Washington L
Washington W
Cleveland L
Boston L
Utah L
Indiana W
LA Clippers W
Sacramento W
Denver L
Atlanta L
Philadelphia W
Miami L
Memphis L
LA Clippers W
Cleveland L
Charlotte L
Phoenix L
Chicago L
NJ W
Philadelphia W
Boston L
Atlanta L
Boston L

9-17

We should be ahead of them in the standings come playoff time barring injury.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
H: Portland - L - 30-28
A: Indiana - W - 31-28
H: Atlanta - L - 31-29
H: Memphis - L - 31-30
H: Dallas - W - 32-30
H: Utah - W - 33-30
A: Orlando - L - 33-31
A: Miami - W - 34-31
A: Memphis - W - 35-31
A: Dallas - L - 35-32
H: Cleveland - L - 35-33
A: Philadelphia - W - 36-33
H: Houston - W - 37-33
H: Miami - W - 38-33
H: New Jersey - W - 39-33
A: Detroit - W - 40-33
H: Phoenix - L - 40-34
A: Washington - L - 40-35
H: Charlotte - L - 40-36
H: Milwaukee - W - 41-36
H: Cleveland - L - 41-37
A: New Jersey - W - 42-37
A: Toronto - L - 42-38
H: Boston - L - 42-39
A: Charlotte - W - 43-39

My predictions back in october was 42-46 wins, even if not posted here. It is still possible.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
45 wins, baby! Besides the 07-08 season, the Bulls have been locomotives metaphorically.

I also predict that Joe Alexander will be playing in at least one game (most likely #82).

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
30-27 is pretty sweet considering the rough start to the season. And almost amazing with the fire Vinny rumors swirling around in Dec.

My original prediction was 43 wins and I'm happy to say we're right on track.

Just need to go 13-12 for the rest of this season. I think that's both fair and realistic. Not to burst anyone's bubble, but our schedule gets VERY difficult in March. So, a .500 type of finish would be not only expected, but reasonably successful.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
My prediction for the team: 47-51 wins and 4th or 5th spot in the East.

Rose: 21ppg, 5 rpg, 7.5 apg
Noah: 10ppg, 11 rpg, 1 bpg
Deng: 17ppg, 7 rpg, 33 3pt%
Salmons: 18 ppg, 5 rpg, 38 3pt%
Hinrich: 11 ppg, 5 apg, 40 3pt%
Thomas: 12 ppg, 7 rpg, 1.5 bpg
Miller: 8 ppg, 5 rpg
Johnson: 5 ppg, 3 rpg

And I guess this will be the 8 man rotation for the year.

Who am I missing?

Taj, Pargo, Hunter, James, Gray, yeah, those guys are not going to matter much, unless Taj outworks Tyrus.
Hmmm. Apart from Salmons...who really hurt us at the beginning of the season, oh, and Johnson, I'm not too far off. Deng has been better than I hoped, Noah just a bit better offensively than I hoped, Gibson has given us what I hoped Tyrus would, and Murray is now not too far off of what I was looking for from Salmons.

Still, 47 wins is going to be hard to get to. If they do, that will be quite the accomplishment, since, as Yodurk mentions, the remaining schedule ain't so easy.

Go Bulls!

And Taco Man, you're still too green, brother.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here is the Bucks forecasted WIN/LOSS Schedule

Indiana W
Miami L
Atlanta L
Washington L
Washington W
Cleveland L
Boston L
Utah L
Indiana W
LA Clippers W
Sacramento W
Denver L
Atlanta L
Philadelphia W
Miami L
Memphis L
LA Clippers W
Cleveland L
Charlotte L
Phoenix L
Chicago L
NJ W
Philadelphia W
Boston L
Atlanta L
Boston L

9-17

We should be ahead of them in the standings come playoff time barring injury.

REVISED

Indiana W W
Miami L W
Atlanta L L
Washington L W
Washington W W
Cleveland L W

Forecast
2-4

Actual
5-1

At this rate, we will be forced to switch picks with them. I believe we were going to trade the 1st rounder anyway in free agency, but a lotto pick is much more enticing to a team that has a FA this summer. Good thing I provided a disclaimer, "barring injury".

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Bulls Suck!

Uh oh, looks like Taco Daddy could be way off. Right now the Bulls are 29 - 27 with 26 games left. In order to beat my revised prediction of 37 - 45, the Bulls would simply need to win 8 games. It's not likely the Bulls would fare as bad as 8 - 18 the rest of the way. In fact, if they just went 12 - 14 the rest of the way they would end the season at .500.
This has been a wild season. At first it looked like I was dead on with my 37 - 45 (.451) prediction. Then near the end it looked like the Bulls would surpass my prediction and become a .500 team. Now, once again it looks like my prediction was dead on.

REVISED PREDICTION:
Currently: 33 - 38
H: New Jersey - W (34 - 38)
A: Detroit - W (35 - 38)
H: Phoenix - L (35 - 39)
A: Washington - W (36 - 39)
H: Charlotte - L (36 - 40)
H: Milwaukee - L (36 - 41)
H: Cleveland - L (36 - 42)
A: New Jersey - W (37 - 42)
A: Toronto - L (37 - 43)
H: Boston - L (37 - 44)
A: Charlotte - L (37 - 45)

Forget the playoffs. This is cyclical anyhow. We make the playoffs every other year anyhow. 2011, we'll make the playoffs, possibly even second round (woo hoo!!!). Then in 2012, we'll be back to missing the playoffs. Mark my words.

Or my name isn't Taco Daddy, baby! :D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Re: Bulls Suck!

REVISED PREDICTION:
Currently: 33 - 38
H: New Jersey - W (34 - 38)
A: Detroit - W (35 - 38)
H: Phoenix - L (35 - 39)
A: Washington - W (36 - 39)
H: Charlotte - L (36 - 40)
H: Milwaukee - L (36 - 41)
H: Cleveland - L (36 - 42)
A: New Jersey - W (37 - 42)
A: Toronto - L (37 - 43)
H: Boston - L (37 - 44)
A: Charlotte - L (37 - 45)
I can see about 2 wins more. One against Boston and one against Raptors or Bobcats.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

I can see about 2 wins more. One against Boston and one against Raptors or Bobcats.
You really think we can beat Boston? I know we've beat them already, but we're very inconsistent and Boston is a good team. I agree with the Raptors and Bobcats, those two could go either way.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

You really think we can beat Boston? I know we've beat them already, but we're very inconsistent and Boston is a good team. I agree with the Raptors and Bobcats, those two could go either way.
Yes. If Bulls have a good day, then they can win against Boston. One game. Not a series, but a game.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Are 47 wins out of the question?

:)

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
If Noah wouldn't have gotten plantar fascitis, and Rose wouldn't have been knocked around by Howard on 2 occasions, I easily see us hitting 43-45 wins.

That doesn't even consider the early season issues that Rose had, as well as missing Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas during a long stretch.

I guess you have to assume some level of injury happens to all teams, but even so, I think this Bulls team at full strength is the clear #5 behind CLE, ORL, BOS, ATL. Certainly better than MIL and MIA! (Btw, I am pretty surprised at how healthy MIL and MIA have been all season...correlation to success?)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts