Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a draft late last night and it's a 16-team league..

QB - Brett Favre
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Donald Driver
WR - Dante Hall
RB - Jamal Lewis
RB - Julius Jones
TE - Jerramy Stevens
WR/TE - Ben Watson
WR/RB - Mike Alstott
Bench - QB, Donovan McNabb (Pending Trade for Steve McNair)
Bench - QB, Eli Manning
Bench - WR, Michael Clayton
Bench - RB, Tony Hollings

K - Jay Feely
Def - New England
Bench - Green Bay

D - DB, Ty Law
D - DB, Darren Sharper
D - DL, Adewale Ogunleye
D - DB, Ronde Barber
Bench - DL, Brian Urlacher
Bench - DB, Champ Bailey
Bench - DL, Peter Boulware

I know my Kicker and TightEnds arent the greatest.. I'm trying to get a better runningback than Jones aswell.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
I was looking at it and I was like man this team sucks.

But its a 16 team league, so its not that bad. Jamal Lewis will tear it up although he might miss some games due to his case. Youre strength is at QB. You have Mcnabb and Favre. I think your main weakness is at WR. Roy Williams is a rookie, you dont know how hes going to do. Dante Hall might get you a couple TDs on returns but thats it.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sMaKDiSDoWn</b>!
I was looking at it and I was like man this team sucks.

But its a 16 team league, so its not that bad. Jamal Lewis will tear it up although he might miss some games due to his case. Youre strength is at QB. You have Mcnabb and Favre. I think your main weakness is at WR. Roy Williams is a rookie, you dont know how hes going to do. Dante Hall might get you a couple TDs on returns but thats it.
Actually they are saying Dante Hall will be used more on the offense and less in returning kicks.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Even though it's a 16 team league your team needs alot of work, primarily through the waiver wire and free agents. Instead of trading Mcnabb for Mcnair, I'd look at dealing Mcnabb for a RB or WR. Jamal Lewis is looking nice , but what if he has to sit out 3 or 4 games due to his legal troubles? Julius Jones isn't starting, Dallas is going to use a RBBC with him, George, and their FB. Roy Williams as your #1 WR is a big risk, like smakdisdown said, he's a rookie and big "?". Donald Driver has potential but Favre spreads the Ball too much to Ferguson and Walker and Franks, etc. so you can't expect big numbers from him. Dante Hall might give you decent numbers but don't expect anything. Stevens at TE is a nice sleeper. Alstott is an ok WR/RB but he'll only get you 5 or 6 TD's. Looks like taking a QB early really hurt you. I'd try and trade away one of your QB's and/or your plentitude of Defense in order to get some RB/WR's you desperately need. Check out the "NFL Sleepers" thread on the Pro Football forum for some sleepers you should pick up.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Hold on to McNabb god dammit he's way better then McNair. Start McNabb over Favre, and try to trade Favre for Mcnair.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BabyBlueSlugga7</b>!
Hold on to McNabb god dammit he's way better then McNair. Start McNabb over Favre, and try to trade Favre for Mcnair.
You need to play me in the Madden league buddy

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>Takeit2dahouse00</b>!
Even though it's a 16 team league your team needs alot of work, primarily through the waiver wire and free agents. Instead of trading Mcnabb for Mcnair, I'd look at dealing Mcnabb for a RB or WR. Jamal Lewis is looking nice , but what if he has to sit out 3 or 4 games due to his legal troubles? Julius Jones isn't starting, Dallas is going to use a RBBC with him, George, and their FB. Roy Williams as your #1 WR is a big risk, like smakdisdown said, he's a rookie and big "?". Donald Driver has potential but Favre spreads the Ball too much to Ferguson and Walker and Franks, etc. so you can't expect big numbers from him. Dante Hall might give you decent numbers but don't expect anything. Stevens at TE is a nice sleeper. Alstott is an ok WR/RB but he'll only get you 5 or 6 TD's. Looks like taking a QB early really hurt you. I'd try and trade away one of your QB's and/or your plentitude of Defense in order to get some RB/WR's you desperately need. Check out the "NFL Sleepers" thread on the Pro Football forum for some sleepers you should pick up.
Thanks for the feedback.. I just accepted a trade that sends me Torry Holt, Ahman Green, and Brandon Lloyd for Donovan McNabb, Julius Jones, Donald Driver, and Ronde Barber .. That should bolster my team better.. :yes:

My New Team:

QB - Brett Favre
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Dante Hall
RB - Ahman Green
RB - Jamal Lewis
TE - Jerramy Stevens
WR/TE - Ben Watson
WR/RB - Mike Alstott
Bench - QB, Eli Manning
Bench - WR, Brandon Lloyd

D - DB, Ty Law
D - DB, Darren Sharper
D - DL, Adewale Ogunleye
D - DL, Brian Urlacher
Bench - DB, Champ Bailey
Bench - DL, Peter Boulware (Put him on waivers for Teddy Bruschi)

Bench - Open Spot

(Now my next move will be to pick up a backup QB besides Eli)

I think that improves my team somewhat :laugh:

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!

Thanks for the feedback.. I just accepted a trade that sends me Torry Holt, Ahman Green, and Brandon Lloyd for Donovan McNabb, Julius Jones, Donald Driver, and Ronde Barber .. That should bolster my team better.. :yes:

My New Team:

QB - Brett Favre
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Dante Hall
RB - Ahman Green
RB - Jamal Lewis
TE - Jerramy Stevens
WR/TE - Ben Watson
WR/RB - Mike Alstott
Bench - QB, Eli Manning

D - DB, Ty Law
D - DB, Darren Sharper
D - DL, Adewale Ogunleye
D - DL, Brian Urlacher
Bench - DB, Champ Bailey

Bench - Open Spot

Who's the dumb *** that made that trade?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!

My New Team:

QB - Brett Favre
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Roy Williams
WR - Dante Hall
RB - Ahman Green
RB - Jamal Lewis
TE - Jerramy Stevens
WR/TE - Ben Watson
WR/RB - Mike Alstott
Bench - QB, Eli Manning

D - DB, Ty Law
D - DB, Darren Sharper
D - DL, Adewale Ogunleye
D - DL, Brian Urlacher
Bench - DB, Champ Bailey

Bench - Open Spot

Your team is looking good now, you should make more deals because it seems like your league isn't too bright. Try and do some 2 for 1 deals where you upgrade your WR #3, TE, WR/RB, WR/TE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts