Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure what Bulls fans think of his trade value.

1. Tmac/Pierce (superstar)
2. Lewis/Gasol (star)
3. Batter/Dunleavy (very solid starter)

Vote on a number, I meant to put it as a poll but forgot to check the poll box.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Depends on who we package him with. If it's Crawford or a 1st Rounder we'll definitely get a star, by himself we would have to swindle a team into giving us a player like Gasol or R-Lewis.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
Depends on who we package him with. If it's Crawford or a 1st Rounder we'll definitely get a star, by himself we would have to swindle a team into giving us a player like Gasol or R-Lewis.
Its more of a question of what Currys worth alone is. I see fans saying if we dont get Gasol or Lewis type players then forget it. I think thats overrating him a bit.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Curry straight up should get Gasol. Although I have no interest in that. As far as Shard Lewis. Straight up will not work. Something like JC,Curry,Erob for Lewis,Potapenko,Daniels,Frahm would however.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Realistically, we'll only be able to get a Dunleavy type player. We've overrated Curry so much based on his potential, but all he's done here is lose and show that he's not mentally equipped, or physically equipped for this game. People are starting to see his true formation behind the haze of 'potential,' (we 'aint the only ones). That's why it's imperative that we move this guy soon, before the potential tag falls off and people see him for what he most likely is, a decent back up center or great sixth man.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If we could get a gasol for Curry honestly I dont think he would still be here. I would not trade him though right now, cause this is close to as low as his value will go(I hope).
It would be better to wait till end of the season with tyson coming back it will help curry tremendously. Curry seems to always play better when the energetic Chandler is on the floor with him its wierd but true. :yes:
Honestly I think we would be stupid to trade him now. It took Jermaine O'neal like 5 years before he broke out and he is a PF.
Curry is a Center and C and PG take the longest to develop. WE have a potential dominate player on our team dont you think its worth waiting only 2 more years to see what we really got?
let him and chandler start all next year(that was supposed to happen this season) and judge their potentials off of that. Also skiles and paxson are going to setup a boot camp for chandler and curry and both need it.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>Bullwhip</b>!
Realistically, we'll only be able to get a Dunleavy type player. We've overrated Curry so much based on his potential, but all he's done here is lose and show that he's not mentally equipped, or physically equipped for this game. People are starting to see his true formation behind the haze of 'potential,' (we 'aint the only ones). That's why it's imperative that we move this guy soon, before the potential tag falls off and people see him for what he most likely is, a decent back up center or great sixth man.
I agree 100%. I wrote something similar in another thread. Right now hes a huge young center with nice offensive skills. In 3 years, with his work ethic, he may not get much better. So he'll be a huge center with offensive skills, and losing that "young" tag on him will really hurt his value. And when I see Kwame starting to produce, it shows me Curry should be producing as well or better than Kwame because Curry is more physically ready. Yet Kwame has really broken out over the past month.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
John I been preaching some form of a Curry for Dunleavy deal for several weeks now. Seems even more relevant with them set to trade Dampier and NVE for Sheed. They will need a young C. Hell they can have Crawford too if they send us back Pietrus.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
John I been preaching some form of a Curry for Dunleavy deal for several weeks now. Seems even more relevant with them set to trade Dampier and NVE for Sheed. They will need a young C. Hell they can have Crawford too if they send us back Pietrus.
Yea, I dont know about the Crawford part. I'm definitely with you about Dunleavy though. I like his game, although I like Battiers game a little bit more. They are very similar though, so it makes no difference to me. Both players were well coached in college for powerhouse teams, both are tall SF's, who can shoot the three ball very well. I think Battier edges Dun on defense and athleticism, but I'm not so sure of that. That may be me just assuming that because Battier is black and Dun is white. Not sure.

One thing about Crawford though, is I think he would really do well with a good shooting SF. Right now when he drives, teams can collapse on him without worrying about a sharpshooter. With Dun/Battier I think it would open the lane up for Jamal and he'd probably shoot a better percentage and rack up more assists. Jamals defense has been improved so much lately too.

I like the strides JC is making, I hate the strides Eddy is making.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I will agree that if Battier is your SF then Crawford at SG MIGHT work. I don't like the idea however of JC at SG and Mike D at SF. Will not work. Pietrus and Mike D is a very good combo. Though. I just drool at the thought of a Hinrich/Pietrus/Dunleavy/Chandler/Okafor starting lineup. Great balance of players.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullwhip</b>!
Agreed

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
size always comes at a premium in this league. Curry has value, and lots of it actually. Let me tell you guys what an NBA person once told me last year. The bulls youngsters have lots of value inspite of their lack of wins or productivity. Why? The perception league wide is that its not the Bulls players faults that they underperform, but rather the coaching and management, starting from Krause. They havent been given the right chance or upbringing. Teams around the NBA remember what Elton, Ron and Miller have become since they left the Bull.s And those 3 guys guarantee that Curry, Chandler, Crawford, Fizer and Yes, even Kirk have good value league wide

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
size always comes at a premium in this league. Curry has value, and lots of it actually. Let me tell you guys what an NBA person once told me last year. The bulls youngsters have lots of value inspite of their lack of wins or productivity. Why? The perception league wide is that its not the Bulls players faults that they underperform, but rather the coaching and management, starting from Krause. They havent been given the right chance or upbringing. Teams around the NBA remember what Elton, Ron and Miller have become since they left the Bull.s And those 3 guys guarantee that Curry, Chandler, Crawford, Fizer and Yes, even Kirk have good value league wide
Interesting point Rlucas. What do you think Curry/Crawfords value around the league is? If you could name a player that would accuratley describe each players value, who would it be?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
As of right now, its pretty high. part of it is contract issues. For Curry straight up, not taking contracts into account, you probably can get Rashard Lewis level player. Maybe more, Gasol. Jamal has alot of value league wide cause atleast one guy thinks the Bulls have just misused him. You could get a Caron Butler pre-injury for him. packaged together, you could get an absolute ton

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As of right now, its pretty high. part of it is contract issues. For Curry straight up, not taking contracts into account, you probably can get Rashard Lewis level player. Maybe more, Gasol. Jamal has alot of value league wide cause atleast one guy thinks the Bulls have just misused him. You could get a Caron Butler pre-injury for him. packaged together, you could get an absolute ton
Dont you think Pax should jump on that?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

Dont you think Pax should jump on that?
i think Pax should deal everyone minus chandler (and i would deal him if it werent for his back diminishing his value) and that includes Captain Kirk. And while he is at it, fire skiles. It seems to me that we have no pieces to establish a winning team right now

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think Pax should deal everyone minus chandler (and i would deal him if it werent for his back diminishing his value) and that includes Captain Kirk. And while he is at it, fire skiles. It seems to me that we have no pieces to establish a winning team right now
Why Kirk?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

Why Kirk?
Cause Kirk has a ton of value. He is a good player and i am sure a good kid, but he is a complementary player, not a centerpiece of a rebuilding project. Thats not a slap on him. But realistically, if the Bulls have any chance of dumping Erob, AD or JYD, and they will have to dump 2 of these 3 minimum to get moving in the right direction will mean that some team will demand Kirk has compensation for taking one of these deals. Maybe Kirk and Jyd/Erob could be a good starting piece on someone like Francis who is wearing out his welcome with JVG and Houston. Ironically, JVG would love Kirk to run that team

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cause Kirk has a ton of value. He is a good player and i am sure a good kid, but he is a complementary player, not a centerpiece of a rebuilding project. Thats not a slap on him. But realistically, if the Bulls have any chance of dumping Erob, AD or JYD, and they will have to dump 2 of these 3 minimum to get moving in the right direction will mean that some team will demand Kirk has compensation for taking one of these deals. Maybe Kirk and Jyd/Erob could be a good starting piece on someone like Francis who is wearing out his welcome with JVG and Houston. Ironically, JVG would love Kirk to run that team
Understood, although I disagree. I think Kirk is already an excellent player, whatever player we get in the draft would be our rebuilding project really. Teams want him for a reason, and thats because hes played well despite the horrible situation. Thats a much different reason than teams thinking our prospects have been poorly trained and not developed right.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Why not be straight Rlucas and admit you are just saying trade Kirk because you are still mad they did not take Pietrus? Why in the world would the Bulls want Francis? Idiotic.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts