Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about 12 million/4 years or 15 over 5 if he's really lucky, from a contender that's looking to add a bit of scoring punch (Houston?). It's mildly hilarious that he turned down I believe a 27 million over 3 years deal to hold out for more.

Ain't capitalism grand?

...from time to time.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Greg Ostertag! said:
I'm thinking about 12 million/4 years or 15 over 5 if he's really lucky, from a contender that's looking to add a bit of scoring punch (Houston?). It's mildly hilarious that he turned down I believe a 27 million over 3 years deal to hold out for more.

Ain't capitalism grand?

...from time to time.
Thats more than just mildly hilarious. I could just imagine Spree next to the phone the entire offseason waiting for someone to offer him a contract while his family "starves" on the rest of his millions.

·
Registered
950 Posts
LOL @ people hating on Sprewell for trying to get all he can get, but in other posts sympathizing with the team owners, who are billionaires, having to pay an alleged group of overpaid, spoiled athletes who play a kid's game.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't know if "hating" would be the proper term......
He just made me literally say WTF?! when I read the comment about his family and needing to feed them.

.....I was at work at the time as well.
:banana:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
MJG said:
MLE over three years from a lower level playoff team. Not that he should get it, but he will ...
I'd really be surprised if he got that. I think he's gonna get just a one or two year deal, probably worth about $5Mil total.

djtoneblaze said:
LOL @ people hating on Sprewell for trying to get all he can get, but in other posts sympathizing with the team owners, who are billionaires, having to pay an alleged group of overpaid, spoiled athletes who play a kid's game.
"Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed. Anything could happen."
I don't really have to say much else, that explains it all. Alot of people focus on the "feed my family" part. I thought it was funny right away, but it was a figure of speech, if you don't know what that is look it up, he didn't mean he literally had to feed his family. The part that's really bad is him asking why he should want to help us win a title. You NEVER say something like that.

·
Registered
663 Posts
djtoneblaze said:
Not a correct comparison.. Your position of leverage matters
he's hated because he demanded more than twice his market value on top of not being worthy enough of the money he is paid this season

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Europe League ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Spree should get ripped for the whole family-to-feed thing if for no other reason than he's gone out and played arguably his worst season as a pro. Go ahead and ***** about being "underpaid" but at least do something on the court. If he gets a dime to play basketball next year it's 9 cents too much because he's absolutely worthless at this point in his career.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I can see a one-year deal or possibly even two-year deal. A good team might take a flier on him as a reserve, and a bad team might want him for a bigger role (Which would be a mistake).

He should be in the league next year. He's not that bad.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Bl_ckB_st_rd said:
Spree should get ripped for the whole family-to-feed thing if for no other reason than he's gone out and played arguably his worst season as a pro. Go ahead and ***** about being "underpaid" but at least do something on the court. If he gets a dime to play basketball next year it's 9 cents too much because he's absolutely worthless at this point in his career.
This about sums it up kidz. :yes:

·
Banned
662 Posts
rawse said:
Hopefully, he'll be making $8/hour just like me.

:biggrin: HAHAHA!! thats the funniest **** i have ever red :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Travis76 said:
:biggrin: HAHAHA!! thats the funniest **** i have ever red :biggrin:
You need to read more.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Whatever he gets, its gonna be a lot less than $21 over 3 like the TWolves offered him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts