Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What Could have Been Tonight...

649 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  NU Hoop Fan 
#1 ·
Maine's drilling Fort Kent

Northeastern's pounding Lasell.

I'd have loved to see NU play the Bears tonight..... oh well....

#3 ·
We did.

This could have been one of the first games that through the sheer will of internet posters came to fruition.

Ironically, Bucknell (who NU had agreed to play in Boston tonight) beat Syracuse at the Carrier Dome and got $100K for it.

#4 ·
This is the year 2005, shouldn't eveyone know their role by now :) ?

Do D1 teams still need to play D3 teams in the regular season?

Yikes.

#7 ·
NU Hoop Fan, it looks like everyone and their brother played for NU versus Lasell... except for Benson. What happened to the guy? he really hasn't played at all and he was billed as an impact player for this year... is he the Nigerian version of Gene Olynik?

#8 ·
Benson will be fine, he's being broken in slowly, that's all. He's an aggressive player and needs to reign it in a bit, that's all.

As for why the NU-Maine game didn't get played, rozzie and I tried our best but the logistics didn't work given that NU has classes today and is flying to San Francisco tonight, and I believe Maine needed a home game last night. If Maine was willing to come to Boston, I think it could have happened, but I didn't want to put words in either Ted or rozzie's mouth.

#9 ·
Is Powe supposed to be playing for Cal or his he still injured? He would be a good guy to break Benson in against. I know he has recovered from missing last season, but I read somewhere he had a minor injury and was going to be out a couple weeks.

#10 ·
Powe is out and another one of their starters is out.

NU has a REAL tough game against CS-Northridge on Friday. Northridge beat Southern Cal over the weekend and beat Tulsa last night. Granted, Tulsa isn't what they were a few years ago, but USC is a Pac 10 team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.