Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think that with the good play of Miles, Q and Patterson their is no room for Outlaw and their never will be any room.

Miles and Q are both only 21 or 22. These guys are our SF's of the future. Outlaw is younger than both, but has not nearly the skill either have.

IMO we should move him before he becomes the next Leon Smith. Im not saying he is a trash player, i simply think that the longer he sits on the bench the lower his trade value gets.

I think we should try and get a underachieving PG or C for him...

Guys I Like

-M.Jaric(25)

-K.Dooling(23)

-E.Watson(24)

-F.Williams(23)

-S.Claxton(25)

-R.Lopez(23)

-C.Mihm(24)

-Udonis Haslem(23)

-M.Fizer(25 )

-M.Ely(25)

I would take any of these guys in exchange for Outlaw. All are not super young, but they are all before their prime. They either fill our gap at PG or C, and all could contribute right away.

Who would u want for Outlaw?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Let him develope for a year or two, the we can decide who our future SF is.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think the chances are he becomes better than Miles or Q.

In a year or two Q and Miles will be 23 or 24. Thats VERY young. They will both be more experienced and have better skills than Outlaw due to them getting alot of PT. At this time, even if Outlaw is begenning to develop we will have him stuck with no PT.

·
Registered
540 Posts
He could still be a 4 man is bulks up a little bit.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
you're not going to be able to get enough for Outlaw right now to make it worth it. It would be better to hold onto him.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Has anyone seen pictures of Outlaw's father?

The guy looks like an NFL lineman! By the time Travis reaches physical maturity, I seriously doubt he will be a 3. Besides, there is always the chance that someone will throw an offer at Miles that the Blazers would be foolish to match.

·
Registered
285 Posts
As seen by my sig, I like Outlaw. I have high hopes for him. I saw he played in the McDonald's game and was immediately impressed by his athleticism and how smooth he was in getting to the basket. I went to a few games this season and noticed that Outlaw's jumpshot looks good when he was warming up.

I think trading Outlaw would be a mistake, simply because whatever we get for him would not be worth it to lose in Outlaw's potential.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
I really think that with the good play of Miles, Q and Patterson their is no room for Outlaw and their never will be any room.

Miles and Q are both only 21 or 22. These guys are our SF's of the future. Outlaw is younger than both, but has not nearly the skill either have.

IMO we should move him before he becomes the next Leon Smith. Im not saying he is a trash player, i simply think that the longer he sits on the bench the lower his trade value gets.

I think we should try and get a underachieving PG or C for him...

Guys I Like

-M.Jaric(25)

-K.Dooling(23)

-E.Watson(24)

-F.Williams(23)

-S.Claxton(25)

-R.Lopez(23)

-C.Mihm(24)

-Udonis Haslem(23)

-M.Fizer(25 )

-M.Ely(25)

I would take any of these guys in exchange for Outlaw. All are not super young, but they are all before their prime. They either fill our gap at PG or C, and all could contribute right away.

Who would u want for Outlaw?
What I want is time to develop the kid so that we don't buy high and sell low. Who knows what he'll be like in 3 years. Maybe we'll be itching to move Qyntel, Darius and Zach just to clear room for Outlaw because he gets 25 and 15 every night.

Trading him now for an older prospect who isn't developing would be foolish. Fizer sucks and always will. Mihm is softer than 200 lbs of chewed bubblegum. Ely is being shopped from the Clippers, not agood sign there. Earl Watson is a midget. If we want crappy prospects, we can get them for less than a mid 1st rounder.

Don't buy high (1st round pick) and sell low (crappy orospect)

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Yeah, I don't see the value of dealing Outlaw right now. He's likely near the bottom of his value at the moment.

Even if he ended up like Miles, a disappointment, he'd still probably command more than he will right now.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
Yeah, I don't see the value of dealing Outlaw right now. He's likely near the bottom of his value at the moment.

Even if he ended up like Miles, a disappointment, he'd still probably command more than he will right now.
I agree totally.

Travis will take some more time to develop and then we'll get to see exactly how good he is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts