Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS the draft pick from Denver protected ? How much so ? Thanks...

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
we got don reid, mengkee bateer which turned into a 2nd round pick, and milwaukees pick which denver owned which is lottery protected forever. Was it a bad deal probably not it may not look good right now as of 10/13 but white wasn't going to play very much this year and probably next. He would have rotted away at the end of the pistons bench possible becoming cancer so it was trade him now or trade him next year and probably get less for him.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!
we got don reid, mengkee bateer which turned into a 2nd round pick, and milwaukees pick which denver owned which is lottery protected forever. Was it a bad deal probably not it may not look good right now as of 10/13 but white wasn't going to play very much this year and probably next. He would have rotted away at the end of the pistons bench possible becoming cancer so it was trade him now or trade him next year and probably get less for him.
Unfortunately it wound up being Reid and it will turn if I'm not mistaken into 2 second round picks plus the one they already received. Milwaukee's pick whick is lottery protected if it isnt used by 05 becomes a second round pick. I may be wrong but I am almost certain this is what it is

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Reid's out for the season with a torn achelles tendon,so we don't even have him.:(

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
So basically your guys gave him to the Mavericks for FREE:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . At least Prince mad a game winning free throw:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
So basically your guys gave him to the Mavericks for FREE:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . At least Prince mad a game winning free throw:rolleyes:
Well first he went to the nuggets not the maverics but I am pretty sure that is what you meant but at least we got a first and second rounder for him if we had waited another season it would probably only be a late round first round draft pick.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
We got a first round pick,a second round pick and cap space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts