Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think the Cavs made another smart deal that will help their team. It's just like the Ricky Davis deal in that it gets rid of a piece they didn't need and brings in the type of players Silas wants in the positiosn they need.

This allows Silas to move Lebron to the 2 or 3 and that should make him fresher for the 4th quarters of games.

And getting another center almost certainly means Z is on the way out. I'm sure that's the guy who is going to bring back another star player to play with Lebron. Either a three or a 4. Like SAR perhaps?

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
is this official, link to confirm?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
McInnis is a very good point when he was on the clips he was probably top 15. He can play if given the time. Great trade for the Cavs.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Miles never fitted in with clevelands plans now that LBJ has officially arived.

Mcinnis in my oppinion will be brought off the bench as a "scoring punch" to allow LBJ to rest and "sometimes" move to the 2 spot. I dont think LBJ should spend too much time at the 2 spot because his natural incstincts and not to mention his best skills are at the point position.

Scoring off the bench is what it comes down to, kevin ollie just doesnt cut it. Good move for the cavs. Portland already have Travis Outlaw, and woods, why do they want miles?? save $$?? maybe.

IF they trade Ilgauskas or Wagner i'll be very very :upset:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Can anyone inform me one just how good of a SHOOTER wagenr is. I noe hes a very capable scorer but hes percentages are horrible, even in college. is he a guy who can become a dead eye shooter?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TyGuy</b>!
Well another insightful post from a lebron hater with no reason to hate.
exactly... and from a fan who is paying Brian Grant HOW MUCH?!!! For HOW LONG?!? lol

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
GOOD CALL!

I never realized that being a fan of a bad team makes your opinion worthless, but now that you mention it, I see you're exactly right, Heat fans should just shut their traps, the fact that their team overpaid Brian Grant means that they're idiots for sure.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I always liked McInnis's game.... and I was hoping we would've gotten him in the Andre trade, or as a FA before he went to Port. Things have changed since then, so I'm not sure he is the final answer, but he is a good player, and Miles wore out his welcome. Heck, he wore out his welcome last season. Thanks for the memories, (few that they are) but glad to see him go. I like the trade... we get something for nothing. No way Miles would've resigned with us for peanuts, and he isn't worth a lottery choice level salary. I don't wish him wrong, but I won't miss him at all.

Darius Miles
Ricky Davis
Lamond Murray
Wesley Person
"Tractor" Traylor
Chris Gatling
Chris Mihm
Jumaine Jones

notice the trend here? Soft players. Some with talent for sure, but none you couldn't do without. Good riddance. I like what Silas is doing. And I don't think any of the recent trades have happened without the approval of Silas.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AstheFranchiz2K2</b>!
Can anyone inform me one just how good of a SHOOTER wagenr is. I noe hes a very capable scorer but hes percentages are horrible, even in college. is he a guy who can become a dead eye shooter?
hmmmm not really dead eye. But the guy is veryyyyyy streaky. he might go 0-8 in the first half and then 15-17 in the second.

Flat out scorer when he gets on a roll. A guy that small scoring 86 one game then 100 the week after.... JUST AMAZING.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
GOOD CALL!

I never realized that being a fan of a bad team makes your opinion worthless, but now that you mention it, I see you're exactly right, Heat fans should just shut their traps, the fact that their team overpaid Brian Grant means that they're idiots for sure.

:rolleyes:
No... it's more a fan should know that neither his team, nor our team is a finished product, or even a successful product. He's just a LeBronhater, and is trying to stir stuff. I hate Reggie, but that has no bearing on my opinion that Indiana is doing well... though I think they did wrong trading Brad Miller......

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I like it. The Cavs give up a player who doesn't consistently contribute to the team, who plays a position they are deep at with better players, for a player who will consistently contribute at a position they needed more depth at. The team is put together better now and will be more consistent.

It will be easier for Silas to play a consistent rotation now... people will have a better idea of what's going on and the team's identity will be sharper.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts