Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago trades
Marcus Fizer
future 1st round pick

to Orlando for
Mike Miller
Andrew DeClerq(contract ends after '03 season)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd only do it if the pick was Top 10 protected

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if the pick was top 10 protected in the first yr but the yr after it would be top 7, then top 5, then top 3, then top 1 then unprotected.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I do not want to trade the draft pick for Miller.

I like Fizer and E-Rob for Miller, but what do I know?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
We potentially owe Houston our first rounder this year or (I think) next. So we might have to start the clock on that pick two or three years from now.

More importantly, the trade won't work unless we have a trade exception, because we accept a lot more in salary than we give up. (We are over the cap right now.) To be frank, if we get in a position to accept salary through a trade exception, trades will need to very lopsided in our favor, since a lot of teams are looking to get rid of salary.

In that case, forget the pick, and we might want to talk about getting a pick from you. But if this makes it possible for you to sign Keon, then it might be worth it to you.

There has been talk about trading Best to Miami for a draft pick (a second rounder would do) using Miami's $3.36M trade exception. If we get that, we might be able to consider trades, such as this one. But be prepared to pay dearly for help getting rid of salaries.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinkin that a draft pick was expendable cuz the bulls would have a good young team(JWill,Curry,Chandler and Miller if this trade was made) that would take a yr or 2 to develop and that they would end up tradin the picks anyway cuz they wouldnt want to add more young players.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When did the Bulls trade that pick to Houston?

I looked at nbadraft.net and it does not have that trade.
As a matter of fact there is no mention of Houston in future drafts with respect to outstanding trades.

·
Registered
514 Posts
NCBullsFan isn't the pick something like top 20 protected, and if they dont get it this year or next year they get two second round picks. I think it is something like that.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Weren't there conditions on that trade with Houston? By that I mean, what we owed them would be determined by Drew's performance. Maybe that was just speculation, or maybe my memory is playing tricks...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have a hard time seeing the appeal of Miller on the Bull now. If Fizer leaves then wouldn't a 4 be needed to replace him? Baxter did well in the summer league so far but I really don't like the idea of TC and Baxter as the first two options at the 4. Just a little too much youth for me.

Transactions according to ?

Of course this is still the only "source" that claims that the Bull get another 2nd round pick from the Raptor for enduring the jOAK last year. I e-mailed them about this about 2 months ago and they never replied.

P.S.: Shortly afer the draft I flipped out(again) and deleted my past posts. Sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts