Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far they look pretty good. They have had a 96-49 win over Arkansas State and a 110-77 win over Texas A&M-Commerce. I went to both games and try to go to all the home games. Coach Billy Gillispie has done a very nice job so far at A&M. Joseph Jones is a top 5 big man in the Big 12 easy, and he is only a sophmore. Jones had 34 points with 11 rebounds vs Texas A&M-Commerce and 27 points and 8 boards vs Arkansas State. Jones is a beast inside and he has range on his jumper(hit a 3 pointer in both games).

Players to know for A&M is you don't yet.
Joseph Jones(Owns the paint, blocks and rebounds)
Acie Law(floor general, great Definder, can score if needed)
Antanas Kavaliauskas(big from Europe with nice touch in the post)
Eddie Smith(juco player of the year)

Role players and key freshmen
Dominique Kirk(plays hard, plays good D)
Marlon Pompey(tall and fast, but not much else)
Josh Carter(tall SF with a smooth shot, 6 of 8 from downtown in 2 games, freshmen)
David Devezin(future true PG, only freshmen)
Kenneth White(pure shooter)
Edjuan Green(garbage man)

Those of the players that see the most action. Later the Aggies get Martellus Bennett five star recuit, 6-7 PF who plays Tight End for the football team. Most people will over look the Agiies this year, but they may make some noise.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
They are one of the improved teams this basketball season. Could see them from 6-9 rank this season

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Big 12 is a pretty deep league from top to bottom this year.....even Baylor will be tougher. I suspect it'll be tough for anyone to get a win at College Station this year.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
if you read my preview of the confrence (Shameless plug) I say that they will make a tournament this year. I think with the players brought in they are turning the tide.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
well against baylor in the early part of the season yes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts