Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in favor of the trade when it first happened but now im taking a liking to this line up.

PG - Kirk Hinrich
SG - Jamal Crawford
SF - Jalen Rose
PF - Tyson Chandler
C - Eddy Curry

Off the bench we have Gill, Marshall, Robinson, and Baxter. Even though Jalen didn't play a bit of defense and struggled to score early on I still miss his passing and the way he helped us expand the defense with his range. Who knows, maybe even Skiles could get Jalen to play some halfway decent D like he is Jamal. And the biggest plus is Donyell off the bench giving us 15 or so a night. I would defenitely take this line up over the current one we have now especially if we have Scott Skiles coaching.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes

I have wanted that lineup the entire season!! Jalen was not the Prob. Coaching and lack of effort killed us. The trade with Toronto did not make us better. It was done to save face and make pax look like he was at least trying to make us better.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
our record would be the same if not worse. Our defense would be allowing over 100 a game very game.

We would have our two top scorers shooting below 39% each! Both jacking up 20 shots each seeing who can take the worse shot at the very worse possible time.

Rose is leading the Raptors no where. Last 23 games, 8-15. Jalen is rebounding the same, shooting 38% (1% less than he shot for us) and 1.2 less assists a game with the high scoring Raptors. He scores the same.

No thanks to that lineup.

Rose had been on the block all of last season and up until he was traded. Even JK knew he was not the long term answer for the bulls.

We do miss Marshall.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Yeah TBF in retrospect I wish it could have been Rose for AD straight up. We could use Marshalls scoring but from what I understand Grunwald had wanted Marshall for a long time. Remember the rumor about us moving up to #4 by giving them Marshall and us getting Murray I think in order for us to pick Wade. Paxson declined.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Yeah TBF in retrospect I wish it could have been Rose for AD straight up. We could use Marshalls scoring but from what I understand Grunwald had wanted Marshall for a long time. Remember the rumor about us moving up to #4 by giving them Marshall and us getting Murray I think in order for us to pick Wade. Paxson declined.
Yes I know.

In hindsite we should have made that trade. I mean we traded Marshall there anyway.

I am pleased with Hinrich. But Wade would not have hurt us one bit. However he has been banged up a little this season.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know Jalen isn't doing much now but don't you think Skiles could get him to play some D like Crawford. Pax should have alteast gave Skiles some time with that line up. And wasn't the original deal MoPete, AWilliams, and JYD for Rose??? But pax didn't want AWilliams because of his ankle problems... This is the trade we should have made regardless of his ankle problems. We would still have the same team but minus Rose and put MoPete in his place or maybe AW in Hinrich's or Crawford's spot. I think we would be way better off either making no trade or the one above, not the one we made.

Here is what we should have:

Hinrich
Crawford
Rose
Chandler
Curry

or

AWilliams
Crawford
MoPete
Chandler
Curry