Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personaly would like to see these five guys.
Starters
C=Battie
PF=Walker
SF=Brown
SG=Pierce
PG=Kenny

Bench
C=#50 Pick
PF=*Rodney
SF=Williams
SG=*Delk/Strickland
PG=Cook/Forte

*hopefuly we will be able to re-sign these guys.
Also we might get a SG (I think) from Croatia that we got from Seattle in the 2000 draft, he is currently playing in Europe.
Check out his website, post at his boards he might even respond.
http://josipsesar6.from.hr/

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
If Paul Pierce doesnt improve the way he scores, no rings for sure!

Mark my words!

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with Takeit2dahouse00.
PP has been the leading point scorer during the season (first celtic ever).

The actual thing is if PP IMPROVES his scoring there will be no ring but if the other guys step in then they might get it.
Every time Walker and Pierce get all the points the Celtics lose, but when Will, Pot, Batman, Rodney and Kenny step in its like a sure thing that they'll win.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by the_truth
The actual thing is if PP IMPROVES his scoring there will be no ring but if the other guys step in then they might get it.
Every time Walker and Pierce get all the points the Celtics lose, but when Will, Pot, Batman, Rodney and Kenny step in its like a sure thing that they'll win.
*Every time one or two guys score all the points the team loses.

*Note doesn't apply to the lakers (LOL)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think if the Celtics had a big guy inside, like Curry, or Mourning, or Divac, just a big man to Dominate the boards and things like that, they could succesfully get a lineup something like this:

C: -- Insert Big man here
PF: Battie
SF: Walker
SG: Pierce
PG: Anderson

think of it, that woulb be 4 starters who can get 10 rebounds on any given game, and can be forces inside, plus with the versitility of Walker and Pierce, they can totally make up for not having a smaller outside-based lineup. If they could pull off a trade for someone like Curry, with a player like brown, or some of their veterans, or maybe trade for another young center, I think they would be well on their way to a new dynasty.

With the players they have now, I think the lineup should look like this:

C: Battie
PF:Walker
SF: Williams

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by STING

With the players they have now, I think the lineup should look like this:

C: Battie
PF:Walker
SF: Williams
Yes, but see E.Will, and K. Anderson aren't producing, what they are getting (in $ i mean). And still I would rather develop those three rookies like they did with Joe Johnson, and because they developed him a little they (the celtics) could affoard to get two great players from the Suns

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I think it should be as of now

PG-Kenny Anderson/Delk
SG-Pierce/Forte
SF-Williams/Brown
PF-Walker/Rodney
C-Battie/draft center

If get lucky in draft with a good center or free agent center or trade center. It would be

PG-Kenny/Delk
SG-Pierce/Forte
SF-Walker/Brown
PF-Battie/Rodeney
C-Center/Center

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Pierce is only consistently effective on the post, this type of player won't get it done as we saw what Jersey did to him in game 5 and game 6.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
Pierce is only consistently effective on the post, this type of player won't get it done as we saw what Jersey did to him in game 5 and game 6.
That's why i hope the C's get Josip Sesar (First post), he is a 20+ point scorer with a good shooting Percentage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts