Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a serious Bulls fan I got season tickets and everything, but I just don't understand why everyone is so in love with him,WHY???
All we saw from him was a few threes in the late season last year,what did he do the year he got drafted ZIP ! ! ! I personally say trade him he's 6'6'' and about 165 lbs (ouch) and he's gotten slower with that BIG OL' leg brace on his leg... I say dump him we got to many guards anyway trade him for a veteran C and keep that team for 3 years and we'll see rings flowing in ! ! !

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
"I just don't understand why everyone is so in love with him,WHY???"

JC I believe is around 6'6" and can play the point, and has great athletic ability. This could create match-up problems at the pg position and will make the opposing teams pg a non factor on defense because a SG would probably have to defend him, so who does the PG defend?

"I say dump him we got to many guards anyway trade him for a veteran C and keep that team for 3 years and we'll see rings flowing in ! ! ! [/QUOTE]

No offense but its gonna take the bulls more than 3 years to have the rings flowing in. There is no guarantee on rings, all we can do is hope our players reach their full potential. You aren't going to get much in terms of a quality back-up C for JC straight up because he is not established. I'll admit that we do have a problem with too many guards and there isnt enough room for everybody.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I think some people have fallen in love with th 6'6" PG idea rather than JC. JC hasn;t really done it but people are so willing to believe in him because they want a 6'6" PG so bad.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i'm kind of changing my mind on crawford. if he's as good as we're lead to belive, shouldn't have he looked good on thursday night? when he a 6'6" pg with upside i could understand the hype. now he's a smallish 6'6" sg who can't creat any mismatches at his position. if we could come up with a trade netted us bonzi and fillers for crawford and fillers, i'd be really happy.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Jamal's first year was a wash because of Tim Floyd's poor handling of both him and the team.

Year two, full of hype from some summer pick-up games at HoopsTheGym w/ MJ, was cut short by the ACL injury. Showed a nice outside shot and floor game when he came back though.

Year three, who knows? Standard litmus test for any young player is 3 years in the league, so we'll have to wait it out to see what this guy has. We'll know a lot better a couple months into the season.

VD

·
Registered
337 Posts
The Bulls will not trade JC just yet, they know he hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do. Floyd wouldn't give JC any chance in his rookie year, until the end of the year, when Floyd was forced to put him in, when Bryce Drew got hurt. Jordan may not be the best talent scout out there, but when he falls in love with a guy this much, you know he must have seen something in him to warrant all of these compliments. What I see in JC is an athletic player who is able to play both guard spots (neither of them great, but both of them good), a player who can get his shot anytime he wants (with his crossover), and a player who, if he put his mind to it, can be a great defender with his quickness and freakishly long arms. Overall there is a lot of untapped potential, that is what we all see in JC, and thats why he won't get traded.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He looks like a 6'6'' AI without braids he's too skinny ! ! ! almost every SG is 40 lbs bigger than him!!! the only reason why he was assigned PG cause he is the same weight as them,personally I would not mind if they put JALEN ROSE at the 1,remember he played some 1 in Indiana,ROSE plays better D,he has more overall size,and he creates options for Eddy and Tyson so I say go with Rose..... oh yeah what's going to happen with A.J. Guyton ? ? ?he is Juan Dixon ! ! !

·
Registered
5 Posts
JB

Jc has lead the bulls in assists in their last victories in the summer league and last 4 regualr season .His play only declined when he was moved away from the point at the same time Curry's touches went down and the rest of the teams play followed.

Also we have yet to see that brace in summer league and he looks anything but slow .

I dont see why everyone has to tear down Jc's game just to say something good about jwill.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I agree that Craw isn't a good fit for this team, but i think we could get more for him than some backup veteran center. I say we start him this year and showcase him, then make a deal for a big, defensive 2 or 3 (Bonzi Wells would be ideal, i think) next offseason.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Re: JB

I dont see why everyone has to tear down Jc's game just to say something good about jwill.

Are you trying to say that you "don't" tear down Jay's game just to say something good about JC,,,,

Wow the hypocrisy never ceases (smile).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Re: JB

Originally posted by Potatoe

Are you trying to say that you "don't" tear down Jay's game just to say something good about JC,,,,

Wow the hypocrisy never ceases (smile).

I have never said that JC is better than jwill only that he is a good player in his own right and when he has been given major minutes at point the Bulls have won.

The hypocrisy that surrounds Jwill is that lots of posters hyped him to be better than some top 5 pg' s of the league today .They also claimed that he would be an instant impact player and would be a much better fit on this team than any vet.

My response ws I dont think he woulkd be that good that soon and that it would take time but most posters argued hes ready right now and would have minimum "rookie " mistakes in him because he played at Duke.But I have yet to see and grant u that its only summer league but i expect great players to to be great in difficult circumstances and I definitely expect more out of a college player of the year and #2 pick in the draft .

·
Registered
642 Posts
Re: Re: Re: JB

Originally posted by chitownsports4ever

I have never said that JC is better than jwill only that he is a good player in his own right and when he has been given major minutes at point the Bulls have won.

Oh please!

You hype JC and trash on Jay all the time, perhaps you have never said specifically that JC is (or will be) better but it's clear what you think.

Shall I re-post some of your previous statements?

Speaking as someone who has called Jay "NBA ready" let me just clarify that I never meant he would be awesome in his first summer league game, but rather that he would be the starter by opening night.

I believe he will learn the offense and adjust to the NBA and learn the offense quickly but it will certainly take longer than a few virtual pick up games.

Talk to me 10 games into the season and then you might have something to gloat about.

As far as I'm concerned writing "call out" and I told you so posts this early is totally asinine and your just setting your self up for some even more vicious "I told you so's".....

If you accept that these summer league games are great indicators of the young Bulls players than we must do it for all of them not just Jay Will,,,,

If the summer league is really that good of an indicator than we must also accept that Curry can't board or play defense, Chandler has no offensive game, and Crawford is soft and cant penetrate,,

It's either "all true" or none of it is, can't have it both ways.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Good post Pot....

....I agree wholeheartedly. and in addition, what some posters have said in this thread ARE true concerning JC. I personally believe that this WILL BE JC's year to PROVE himself. There is a big difference between playing in a summer league with Curry, Chandler, Hassell, Mason, Baxter, Williams, and Bagaric, than playing during the regular season with Jalen Rose, Eddie Curry, Tyson Chandler and yes, Jay Williams. I have said it since the summer leagues began, these games are just a period of time to get "acquainted" with the rookies coming in. nothing more? Just my opinion.

(Good to see ya again Pot.):grinning:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Re: Good post Pot....

Originally posted by BamaBull
....I agree wholeheartedly. and in addition, what some posters have said in this thread ARE true concerning JC. I personally believe that this WILL BE JC's year to PROVE himself. There is a big difference between playing in a summer league with Curry, Chandler, Hassell, Mason, Baxter, Williams, and Bagaric, than playing during the regular season with Jalen Rose, Eddie Curry, Tyson Chandler and yes, Jay Williams. I have said it since the summer leagues began, these games are just a period of time to get "acquainted" with the rookies coming in. nothing more? Just my opinion.

(Good to see ya again Pot.):grinning:

Thanks,,,,

Wow, Bama the Mod,,,,

That is going to take some getting used too (smile),,,

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Re: Re: Good post Pot....

Originally posted by Potatoe

Thanks,,,,

Wow, Bama the Mod,,,,

That is going to take some getting used too (smile),,,
yeah, no Brama the Mod, please? LOL

Hey, been meaning to ask you since the move, the Grizz still yer team, and IF so, what is your take on Mr West moving in? you lucky stiff! LOL

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Re: JB

Originally posted by chitownsports4ever

Where in this thread is anyone tearing JC's game and saying anything about JWill? I think you're getting paranoid about this whole thing. In fact, I believe your post was the first one in this thread that even mentioned JWill.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Re: Re: JB

Originally posted by dkg1

Where in this thread is anyone tearing JC's game and saying anything about JWill? I think you're getting paranoid about this whole thing. In fact, I believe your post was the first one in this thread that even mentioned JWill.
Having heard talk concerning JC's performance from many other threads myself, I think his comments may have been an "overflow" if you will, onto this thread. Thats how I took it anyways dkg1.:grinning:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Crawford has alot to prove. I think both him and Fizer do not fit with this teams future, and if someone offers something good in return we should take it.

There is no way JWill is not the Bulls point guard for the future, even if he doen't start right away. Rose really should be playing the 2 guard. Crawford does not fit in.

Everyone talks about Crawford's unwillingness to drive to the basket. I have to think the coaches encourage him to do so. I also have to believe if MJ was so impressed with Crawford it wasn't because of his 3 point shooting. So why doesn't he drive to the hoop? Is he scared? I understand him being a bit timid after the surgery, but he didn't drive to the hoop before his surgery.

I think Harpring would be a good pick up. We need someone who can play defense in the line up. Curry, Chandler, Rose, and Crawford in the same line up means a lay up drill for other teams. Both Curry and Chandler want to block shots, and neither play good defense. Rose struggles on defense, but early in his career he was a solid defender playing 2 guard. I think he is much better suited to play 2 guard. And the guy has to use so much damn energy on offense he lacks it on defense.

Harpring is one of those intangible guys that will help the team with his strong nose play. Crumbs should go after him.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I hate to give up on JC, BUT.... Let me start off w/ a few positives JC has a very good crossover & outside shot and he is 6'6. This years RMR he did OK w/ assist, turnovers and points.
On the negative side Crawford really doesn't take advantage of his 6'6 frame (and I mean frame because he's a lightweight), he's not posting up smaller guards or shooting over them (more), and of course w/ his speed he doesn't take it all the way to the rim. On that note, crawford doesn't create many turnovers maybe because he doesn't take the chance to drive & dish? Also JC should be doing better (compared to JWill) w/ turnover and assist because he basically passes from the top of the key and he is familiar w/ the current players.

With regards to Jwill, jordan took alot of shots and missed alot of shots. One thing about Jordan was that he was always a threat, sometimes he made it & sometimes he didn't. Now I believe Jwill can become a threat by scoring (nothing close to jordan type numbers) and by dishing the ball. So w/ regards to JC, I don't think he puts the fear in anyone! Thus Im on the Jwill bandwagon until JC proves otherwise.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts