Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boozer

dec 15 we should really go after boozer if we wanna compete this year, maybe rod can pull a carter by just giving away mjax, a whole bunch of scrubs and key being the draft picks and rights to ilic and drejer which we we have an advantage to over all these other teams

this trade works cliffy,mjax,murray and padgett then we got picks and rights of the jazz's choosing

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Re: boozer

I wouldnt want to give that many pieces away
did u say Mjax and Cliffy,murray padgett and picks and Illic

HELL NO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

i can count of jackson,cliffy,padgett being ready on game time, i cant count on boozer. the dude likes the IL too much. after he signed that contract he hasnt even earned a penny of it. thats the other part, his contract --- yuck.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

AJC NYC said:
I wouldnt want to give that many pieces away
did u say Mjax and Cliffy,murray padgett and picks and Illic

HELL NO!!!!!!!
are you serious PIECES only decent one there is mjax, and at least you people get to keep your lover boy collins and boozer will shine with kidd, and collins isnt very healthy now and days is he

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts

eastwicknets said:
are you serious PIECES only decent one there is mjax, and at least you people get to keep your lover boy collins and boozer will shine with kidd, and collins isnt very healthy now and days is he
dude, if you give up Jackson, Cliff, and Padgett, you get rid of our whole freakin bigs on the bench . . . . then we're stuck with only Collins and LJIII on the bench. That's not gunna get it done w/ all the elite big men in the East.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Chaser 55 said:
dude, if you give up Jackson, Cliff, and Padgett, you get rid of our whole freakin bigs on the bench . . . . then we're stuck with only Collins and LJIII on the bench. That's not gunna get it done w/ all the elite big men in the East.
padgett doesnt even play barely,mjax is a good bench player but who cares where getting boozer and cliffy is a lil old, and we can just stick with collins backing up both spot he would get like 25-30 doing that which nobody should really mine cuz hes so loved and has been a 30 minute + player last year, and boozer could play 35 minutes a game so so it wont be like it is now where we got 3 players switching around for one position, and murray is a waste

·
Registered
976 Posts

if our organization is so scared of injuries, no way they take a guy who missed half of last year and hasn't played this year due to injuries

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

funkylikemonkey said:
if our organization is so scared of injuries, no way they take a guy who missed half of last year and hasn't played this year due to injuries
if the player is that good they will, carter we took him , and collins doesnt look like hes a gonna be a health machine now, and if we get boozer we would have a solid 3 man frontcourt rotation, krstic boozer getting their starting minutes and collins their for the rest and we get lj3 a chance also wright will get a chance with murray gone

·
Registered
976 Posts

eastwicknets said:
if the player is that good they will, carter we took him , and collins doesnt look like hes a gonna be a health machine now, and if we get boozer we would have a solid 3 man frontcourt rotation, krstic boozer getting their starting minutes and collins their for the rest and we get lj3 a chance also wright will get a chance with murray gone
SAR is a better player than Boozer and we passed on him

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts

eastwicknets said:
padgett doesnt even play barely,mjax is a good bench player but who cares where getting boozer and cliffy is a lil old, and we can just stick with collins backing up both spot he would get like 25-30 doing that which nobody should really mine cuz hes so loved and has been a 30 minute + player last year, and boozer could play 35 minutes a game so so it wont be like it is now where we got 3 players switching around for one position, and murray is a waste
yeah, but what happens when we play MIA and SHAQ, we're gunna need bigs and their fouls. If you have Collins, Krstic, MJax, Robinson, Padgett, and LJII, thats a total of 30 possible fouls to stop SHAQ. If you have Krstic, Collins, Bozzer, and LJIII, thats a total of 24 possible fouls. Just doesn't seem logical to me.

·
Registered
976 Posts

Padgett and LJIII are small fowards, they would get injured trying to foul shaq

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Chaser 55 said:
yeah, but what happens when we play MIA and SHAQ, we're gunna need bigs and their fouls. If you have Collins, Krstic, MJax, Robinson, Padgett, and LJII, thats a total of 30 possible fouls to stop SHAQ. If you have Krstic, Collins, Bozzer, and LJIII, thats a total of 24 possible fouls. Just doesn't seem logical to me.
we will not intentionally foul shaq 24 times, shaq isnt the same and all we need a good defender on him for about 30 minutes a game and thats why we keep collins, and we wont just have boozer,krstic,collins and lj3 we will have to sign some more players to fill out the roster you know, and tractor will be coming back in 2 months kemp is still available etc this would be a great trade for us

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

funkylikemonkey said:
SAR is a better player than Boozer and we passed on him
actually boozer is much better than sar, sar plays no defense AT ALL, boozer isnt great either but he can if he was motivated before he went to utah he was a good defender

·
Registered
976 Posts

eastwicknets said:
actually boozer is much better than sar, sar plays no defense AT ALL, boozer isnt great either but he can if he was motivated before he went to utah he was a good defender
you getting your info from hoopshype? lol

Very strong on the boards... Chiseled upper body... Has a nice touch around the rim... Very effective hook shot... Reliable mid-range shot... Nice turnaround jumper... Very good hands... Will grab most passes... Much more athletic than advertised... Dunks on people very often... Was more focused defensively before signing his big contract with the Jazz.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

funkylikemonkey said:
wtf brah boozer is better than sar, i like sar and i wanted him on this team, but sar is nowhere near boozer sar plays no defense and he is once again on a losing team

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

funkylikemonkey said:
and no im not getting it on hoopshype anybody who knew about that, knows he played good defense before he went to utah

·
Registered
976 Posts

eastwicknets said:
wtf brah boozer is better than sar, i like sar and i wanted him on this team, but sar is nowhere near boozer sar plays no defense and he is once again on a losing team
I wasn't saying SAR is better than Boozer, I was just saying that he was a high quality player and we passed on him due to injury concerns when he didn't actually miss a game due to them, while Boozer has

also Boozer has never been in the playoffs either, although his career is much much shorter than Shareef's

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Boozer can grab some rebounds...he's built ford tough...but now, he plays little defense...before he at least he was solid defensively...he'd help on the boards but providing some front court defense...not sure bout that...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

Jazz would likely ask for Krstic + Wright and picks.

I'd say NO!

Since he's injured Boozer is a commodity to the Jazz if they can get on track with Kirilenko healthy and the way Memo has been playing(yes I don't think he can keep it up but who knows, it's not like you're playing Indy/San Antonio every night u know?).

Utah needs and athletic 2 in the worst way. This is not a mystery for the rest of the league. They were very high on Antoine Wright from the reports prior to the draft but it was obvious they needed a PG first.

Now if they were to trade for Maggette it would have to be a three way deal.

If they can't get someone like Maggette then a true center(like Nenad) would be nice. You had Wright plus picks and they WIN big.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts