Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heat:
reigning 3 Time NBA MVP and Finals MVP LeBron James, former Finals MVP and scoring champ Dwyane Wade, the best 3rd option in the league in Chris Bosh and the NBA's all-time greatest 3 point shooter in Ray Allen?

Heat are better defensive team and deeper team.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
LOL pau is the 4th option on the lakers. Now.
Kobe Nash Dwight are 1,2,3 in no particular order.

Pau needs to find other ways to be effective now.

Lakers inability to spread the floor is my biggest gripe.
Heat have Battier and Allen.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
They will not make the finals. Even with Howard, the Lakers will not be able to cover for Nash's piss poor defense.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
I think the 3rd best player on the Lakers is a toss up between Pau and Nash. I love Nash but his D sucks so bad that it has to take away from his genius offensive play making abilities.

·
Registered
105 Posts
They will not make the finals. Even with Howard, the Lakers will not be able to cover for Nash's piss poor defense.
The luxury of having Howard as a defensive anchor will make the deficiences of Kobe's and Nash's defense on the perimiter a lot less troublesome. When Westbrok blows by Nash off the dribble, the wing defender guarding the corner 3 point shooter wont have to come over to help as any where near as often as he normally would (Even with Bynum) because Howard covers so much ground and is one of the best shot blockers in the league. There will be less splintering, and fewer wide open shooters. They will be fine defensively.

The WCFs will be one hell of a series.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Are the Heat deeper? going into the off season one area the Lakers desparately needed to improve was their bench which I think they did - I like Jamison-Hill-Meeks and while Duhon/Blake are no Norris Cole I figure one or the other will be serviceable

and yes adding Ray Allen is nice but there's a certain amount of sameness to what Miller and Battier and Jones bring to the table and I'm not sure how much more 3 pt shooting was necessary anyway and their frontline depth is just plain laughable

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Are the Heat deeper? going into the off season one area the Lakers desparately needed to improve was their bench which I think they did - I like Jamison-Hill-Meeks and while Duhon/Blake are no Norris Cole I figure one or the other will be serviceable

and yes adding Ray Allen is nice but there's a certain amount of sameness to what Miller and Battier and Jones bring to the table and I'm not sure how much more 3 pt shooting was necessary anyway and their frontline depth is just plain laughable
Those guys listed are not in the same stratosphere as Allen. That being said, I agree about their bigs. Terrible, absolutely horrid rotation. Which takes away from their depth.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
The Lakers are already a matchup problem for the Heat, b/c they have two talented bigs that Miami will have trouble guarding. The Lakers biggest weakness is Nash's defense but to take advantage of that, Mario would have to take more shots than normal, meaning less touches for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Allen.

To me, the Thunder are the biggest threat to the Lakers, the Lakers the biggest threat to the Heat, and the Heat the biggest threat to the Thunder. Its a paper-rock-scissors thing, not a 1-2-3.

Reactions: R-Star

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
The Lakers are already a matchup problem for the Heat, b/c they have two talented bigs that Miami will have trouble guarding. The Lakers biggest weakness is Nash's defense but to take advantage of that, Mario would have to take more shots than normal, meaning less touches for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Allen.

To me, the Thunder are the biggest threat to the Lakers, the Lakers the biggest threat to the Heat, and the Heat the biggest threat to the Thunder. Its a paper-rock-scissors thing, not a 1-2-3.
Good analysis.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
The luxury of having Howard as a defensive anchor will make the deficiences of Kobe's and Nash's defense on the perimiter a lot less troublesome. When Westbrok blows by Nash off the dribble, the wing defender guarding the corner 3 point shooter wont have to come over to help as any where near as often as he normally would (Even with Bynum) because Howard covers so much ground and is one of the best shot blockers in the league. There will be less splintering, and fewer wide open shooters. They will be fine defensively.

The WCFs will be one hell of a series.
Why is Kobe mentioned in this sentence...

And I'd rather have Bosh than Pau. While Pau is underrated imo, Chris Bosh is so horribly underrated it's depressing.

Oh and for the person who said Nash's defense would hurt the Lakers horribly, you seem to forget that the Lakers have a defensive minded coach on this team. He'll make sure Nash at least plays some kind of defense, but I don't think it'll be a noticeable improvement. Even if that's the case though, I doubt it will prevent the Lakers from going to the finals.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
I'm picking Philly as my darkhorse to come out of the East this up coming season.

And believe LA will win the championship. Kobe gets his sixth ring, and a new era begins with Howard. Can't wait.

Also never count out KG and the Celtics tremendous professionals. Respect.

That all being said, LA is loaded, I don't think they need anything.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I'm picking Philly as my darkhorse to come out of the East this up coming season.

And believe LA will win the championship. Kobe gets his sixth ring, and a new era begins with Howard. Can't wait.

Neither Philly or Boston is better than Indy, let alone Miami. Boston down graded and Bynum isn't a franchise guy.

Laughable opinion.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Just to clarify I never said Nash was a better player just he would be 3rd highest scorer. Pau hence will need to up his defence to contribute more being 4th option offensively. I sorry Meeks Bryant wing combo is too small. While MWP can't seem to hit a three anymore.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Boston unquestionably upgraded. Anyone saying they downgraded must think ray and stiemsma are better than terry and jeff green. That's just silly to say.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts

So you're a Sixers fan now?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I actually think Jordan Hill would start for them ahead of either Anthony or Haslem
I think they stop trying to match up with other teams and realize teams should match up to them. Start bosh at center, lebron, Lewis or barrier at the 4.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts