Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all. The comparisons are a joke. Melo or Bosh. Or wade or bosh for that matter. Carmelo has overachieved so much in his short career. People were amazed at this freshman in college. I was hoping for him or lebron (not the euro) for the Nuggets. We got Melo. And he took us to the playoffs. We didnt add any big time stars to the team. Just a couple of cheap vet role players and Andre Miller. I'm excited about Lebron but despite all the hype he got (plus the chance to play with Boozer and Z plus others) he didnt get the 8th spot in the east.
While Carmelo guarantees playoffs in the west and gets it. Then he really doesnt get any props for leading a team from the gutter to being one of the biggest teams on the rise. If i was him id be a little pissed off myself. What does he have to do? How much does he have to win. What do you guys want? A perfect little lad to sell shoes and french fries. There names are Vince Carter and Grant Hill. Guys that have never achieved greatness even though they had the abilities.

I'm glad he's not ok or comfortable living in Lebron's shadow. I'm glad he's not ok with a reduced role. I'm glad Denver drafted him.

Why did I ask the question when I already know the answer. For you guys to stop hating it will take a western conference finals appearance. And for you all to offically stop hating forever. He will have to win a championship. League MVP and Finals MVP.
So like ive been saying lets get started. Trade Lenard and SKita for Stackhouse.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The Nuggests without Carmelo are better and were better last year than the Cavs without James. Much better. Carmelo may have gotten to the playoffs, but he had more to work with.

Being a great player doesn't exempt him from being called stupid when he does stupid things.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Carmello is a headcase. Theres a fine line between being confident and being an ***, and Carmello has crossed that line more than once.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Casual</b>!
The Nuggests without Carmelo are better and were better last year than the Cavs without James. Much better. Carmelo may have gotten to the playoffs, but he had more to work with.

Being a great player doesn't exempt him from being called stupid when he does stupid things.
you should take a nice look at there records for that year. howard walked that summer. both teams were in the same boat.
except for the conferences. much easier to get into the east

cavs were labled as a team with a good shot to make the playoffs. at the beginning of the seasong.. saying that for denver would have been laughed at

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
My guess is that 85% of the NBA is just like Melo, the difference is, Melo isnt scared to speak his mind.

I disagree that Melo leading the Nuggets to the WCF or him winning MVP would make people stop hating. Kobe was a key part of 3 titles, and the hate for him only grew with the success. I see a lot of the same things happening with Melo. He'll continue to be overcome and be successful, which will get on peoples nerves even more.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
Kobe was a key part of 3 titles, and the hate for him only grew with the success. I
I thought about that. But then i figured no shaq or other "superstars" on the team. And no dropped rape charge. So wouldnt they have to give him credit? John, dont you think with Stackhouse inserted at SG a western conference finals birth is possible. I mean you got Nene Boykins and maybe jon barry on the bench

Its sad when people start hating before they even learn how to spell the guy's name. No wonder the dude is pissed.

that Kobbe Bryint. Is such a wackjob. What a ball hog. He is a headcase. Tracey MacGrady. What a loser. He isnt a team player. Cant even win in the east. Why does the west even want him.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
You guys making such a huge deal about how insulting it is for Carmelo to be compared to anybody else, or how everyone is just out to get him all the time, or nothing he does is ever good enough, sound just like him. You are never going to change anybody's minds with all this complaining and antagonizing people. If Carmelo doesn't show some maturing over time, some people will continue to not feel respect for him and you can't make them. Get over it please.

Whew. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Boozer > Nene even though i love Nene to death

Big Z > Camby

McGennis last season was as good as Miller

The team were about even

Also Melo made the playoffs in the Western conference Lebron ddin't even get by the Celtics and their crappy team

Carmelo LEAD the nuggets the was their main guy

When McGenis ran Lebron's spot out of PG They played better without Lebron at PG

Shows you something

Stop hating on Carmelo he's a proven winner in NCAA and NBA for a kid his age

Lebron hasn't prove **** he can win anything or lead anyone When he does you can say I'm wrong

:D

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
You guys making such a huge deal about how insulting it is for Carmelo to be compared to anybody else, or how everyone is just out to get him all the time, or nothing he does is ever good enough, sound just like him. You are never going to change anybody's minds with all this complaining and antagonizing people. If Carmelo doesn't show some maturing over time, some people will continue to not feel respect for him and you can't make them. Get over it please.

Whew. :)
In the words of the immortal BBB.net MVP John, thank the hater for creating anti-hater.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Originally posted by <b>guyinabox</b>!
Boozer > Nene even though i love Nene to death
Big Z > Camby
McGennis last season was as good as Miller
The team were about even
Also Melo made the playoffs in the Western conference Lebron ddin't even get by the Celtics and their crappy team
Carmelo LEAD the nuggets the was their main guy
When McGenis ran Lebron's spot out of PG They played better without Lebron at PG
Shows you something
Stop hating on Carmelo he's a proven winner in NCAA and NBA for a kid his age
Lebron hasn't prove **** he can win anything or lead anyone When he does you can say I'm wrong
:D
Yes, Boozer > Nene
Zydrunas < Camby
McGinnis <<<< Miller.
No way was he as good as Miller
Teams werent even. Lenard, Boykins, Anderson & Elson are way better than Ira Newble, Diop, Williams and Tony Battie.

Miller and Camby "led" just as much

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I don't have a problem with Melo as a player, I just don't like the guys attitude. Maybe most of the league thinks the same way, but they don't say it for the world to hear. What he done with team USA pretty much sums up his attitude...Whine about not being on the team, guaranteeing the gold, not buying into the system, whining about playing time, pouting on the bench, refusing to shake hands with opponents after a game, complaining about the coach after the olympics.

As I said, I just don't like his attitude. I hope he matures soon.

Originally posted by <b>nbanoitall</b>!
So like ive been saying lets get started. Trade Lenard and SKita for Stackhouse.
Stackhouse on the Nuggets ? :uhoh: It would make a volatile locker room, that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Numbers are hypothetical contribution to winning

-Team A-

PG: 15
SG: 15
SF: 25
PF: 20
C:15

Total: 90

-Team B-

PG: 10
SG: 15
SF: 30
PF: 10
C: 15

Total: 80

What number determines playoffs? That's the total and the total only. That does not show which player was better individually. Simply saying that one guy was the "lead guy" means nothing. Team A is better and will win more games. Team B SF is better than Team A SF, even though he'll lose more games as the main player. Point: better players aren't determined by teams. It's illogical to say that a lead guy is represented by the team. He's still only a fraction, and there's a whole lot of room for influence by the rest of the team and staff.

·
Registered
161 Posts
if Cavs had Carmelo they'll have a better line up

Check this out

McGennis
Wagner
Carmelo
Boozer
Big Z

That would of made the 6th seed in the east

Carmelo is known to carry teams Lebron has proven he can't do that

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
What does Melo have to do? Something along the lines 'shutting the **** up' and playing...

I don't mind a bit of arrogance, but when it overshadows what you've done on the court, you've got a problem.

I think Larry Brown was pretty accurate when he said Melo should now appreciate the roles that 10-12th men play on basketball teams. It's those guys, and the guys who actually get a go off the bench that make teams tick. He's not going to be the main man for his whole career.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
How much does he have to win. What do you guys want? A perfect little lad to sell shoes and french fries. There names are Vince Carter and Grant Hill. Guys that have never achieved greatness even though they had the abilities.
All he has to do is change his attitude and become a team player. That's it. Do the little things, even if you're not good at them. Show some interest on the defensive end.

There's 5 or 6 guys at every YMCA who act like Carmelo. You know the guys who don't come back on defense at all and wait for an outlet pass. The guys who once they get a hold of the ball, never give it up. Everyone hates those guys.

Stop acting like them, and I won't have a problem with Carmelo. How much he wins is completely irrelevant to whether or not I like him.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Agree with Ostertag.
I just wish there was an Oakley(Knicks) type player on the Nuggets to slap Carmella every once in a while to shut him up.
:|

1 - 20 of 46 Posts