Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I live in Jersey, so I dont get to see the complete games of the C's.

Anyway, what does this team need the most? For years a center has been lacking in Beantown. Is Mihm really the rebounder and prescence that ainge believes he is?

From what I have read and watched, he is not.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!
Hey Guys

I live in Jersey, so I dont get to see the complete games of the C's.

Anyway, what does this team need the most? For years a center has been lacking in Beantown. Is Mihm really the rebounder and prescence that ainge believes he is?

From what I have read and watched, he is not.
We need a rebounder that will stop Pierce from getting defensive rebounds and that will pass to the PG to start a fast break.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Need to resign mihm, a power foward that can play defense .. preferably a shot blocker.. last nights game was lost by waltahs defense on mehmet.

We were last in shot blocking last year and while lafrentz and mihm seem capable it would be nice to have a young healthy theo ratliff..

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
You know what I love about this team? We have two TRUE 7 footers to play C and PF...when Raef comes back he's only a inch smaller so we could have a big line up.

7'0" (Mihm-how a center should be)
6'11"(Raef-great size for PF)
6'6" (Pierce-will need to get in shape)
6'7" (Davis-great size for a SG)
6'2" (Banks-decent size)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah

I mean, if this team had a low post player, it would be butter.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Re: yeah

I mean, if this team had a low post player, it would be butter.
mihm is a low post guy. his sig move in college was a jump hook.

i think this needs a pure point who can start the break and distribute the ball (banks? as long he can keep his to's down...) as well as some better rebounding (hopefully Mihm and Hunter solve these problems).

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
How about some damn stability?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
How about some damn stability?
Nah. They had stability under Jimmy Rodgers and Chris Ford. I want them to get good first. Then I vote for stability-- but not before.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah trade Pierce and let Ricky Davis become the #1 option on the team, that'll definitely take the Celtics to the promised land. Or, have you not forgotten what a head-case Davis was with the Cavaliers? If Ricky is given the reins to the team they'll be tremendously more worse off than they are now. I'd rather take Pierces extra 2-3 TO's a night over Ricky's childish antics anyday. I think O'Brien actually did the right thing in limiting his playing time, not allowing him to display his behavior like he did in Cleveland.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Ricky has been on best behavior

Deranged, I disagree. I think that Ricky has behaved well. What happened in Cleveland is over, and so far Ricky has been a model player, except for poor defense. We have three nice swingmen in Pierce, Welsch and Davis.

We need a monster PF, in my humble opinon.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Re: Ricky has been on best behavior

Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!
Deranged, I disagree. I think that Ricky has behaved well. What happened in Cleveland is over, and so far Ricky has been a model player, except for poor defense. We have three nice swingmen in Pierce, Welsch and Davis.

We need a monster PF, in my humble opinon.
Actually, Davis has been struggling offensively. On defense, and on the glass, he's been hustling and doing all the little things right to make the team better. Offensively, he hasn't found his shot yet.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well my post really didn't come out as I wanted it to, I meant to put in there that Davis has behaved well as a Celtic thus far, but I think that has to do with him coming off the bench with limited playing time, thus humbling him slightly. But I still don't believe that Pierce should be traded and Davis given his role, if that happens his old behaviors could remanifest themselves. It definitely wouldn't make the team any better. I think the C's have a potentially great future backcourt in Jiri, Ricky, and Paul (not to mention Banks when he develops), and if they gel well together they could terrorize the East for years to come. If only they could establish the frontcourt. They really need to limit Waltah to just playing backup SF, every fan in their right mind knows he is not cut out to be playing nearly 40 mpg at PF (understatement of the year I know). Too bad Baker had to screw up or it might not be as bad, but that's how it happens sometimes. They need to start giving Hunter more minutes, as he's proven he can be effective in the limited play he's had. Mihm definitely need to be playing about 30+mpg at center. Whenever LaFrentz returns he will bring immediate help at the 4 spot (he's been playing out of position at C ever since he came into the league). Perkins also needs a little playing time, but not as much as people are calling for. He probably won't be able to contribute in a big way for another 2 years. He is definitely not at the same level as Garnett or Stoudemire whenever they came into the league. I would give him maybe 10 mpg just to get his feet wet.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
If they want to make the playoffs they must go with a Blount/Mihm/Hunter rotation at the 4/5, with McCarty and Hunter playing spot minutes, depending on whether they need offense or defense on any given night, and what Mihm's foul situation is.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Re: Ricky has been on best behavior

Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!

Actually, Davis has been struggling offensively. On defense, and on the glass, he's been hustling and doing all the little things right to make the team better. Offensively, he hasn't found his shot yet.
Agoo i could not agree more.. but is his shot not falling because of the offense. he has great form on his shot.. He scores lots when paul struggles.. Will they be able to coexist in harmony? Or are their games too similar???

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My view

I believe that the Celtics have a nice core in the youngsters.. Banks, Pierce, Mihm, Davis, are a nice core.

However, I think guys like Blount just won't cut it. He is garbage. In the off-season they need one more piece to play in the low post, and this team will be nice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My view

I believe that the Celtics have a nice core in the youngsters.. Banks, Pierce, Mihm, Davis, are a nice core.

However, I think guys like Blount just won't cut it. He is garbage. In the off-season they need one more piece to play in the low post, and this team will be nice.
I disagree on Blount. He's not starter material, but team's need role players like him to do the little things. Set screens, give hard fouls, give solid energy minutes, take charges. Give him 15-22 minutes a game, subbing in for Mihm and LaFrentz next year.

If he wants a significant raise, which I think he will - given his increased production this year, I say let him walk. But if he'll play for cheap and do the little things, he certainly has some value.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah I agree, while Blount shouldn't be starting, he is a solid backup off of the bench. Most of the time having solid backups is as important as having stud starters.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Blount is a free agent who will almost certainly command mle money something the cs probaly cant afford and wont spend on him..

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
My view

He's not "garbage"...

He's a good fit for the 8th man..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts