Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have been changing my mind often lately and I reserve the right to do so again, but here is who I would take from 1-6 if I were teh Blazers GM.

1) Tyrus Thoma - athletic, super-D and heart
2) Adam Morrison - Super-O and super-heart
3) Joakim Noah - I think he will turn out to be outstanding on both ends, but time will be needed.
4) Andrea Bargnani - a tall man who can do a little of everything with good foot speed
5) Brandon Roy - Not a star but the perfect second fiddle.
6) Lamarcus Aldridge - All the ability but past injuries and lack of heart make him drop

7 would be Rudy Gay and 8 would Sheldon Williams, Randy Foye or Josh McRoberts

Rip mine to shreds or post your own.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Hmmm.......

1. Thomas
2. Aldridge
3a. Morrison
3b. Gay
5. Noah
6. Bargnani

For those of you that are Bargnani freaks he is #6 because I haven't seen him play. the only reason he is on my list is because he is high on evry mock draft.

My reasons are these

Thomas will be able to play PF/C
Aldridge will be able to play PF/C
Morrison can flat out shoot
Gay will be the best of all of them if he plays hard
Noah will be able to play PF/C
Bargnani seems to be liked by most experts, so why not

We have Brandon roy already. His name is Martell Webster.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
1. Tyrus Thomas - Play as of late boosted him ahead of Morrison
2. Adam Morrison - Scorer we could use
3. Andrea Bargnani - Sounds great, though never seen him
4. Lamarcus Aldridge - Not too impressed, but a big man.
5. Rudy Gay - Can do a little of everything, but is a SF.
6. Joakim Noah - Big guy.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an interesting note about Noah, most here know that his dad was a pro tennis player, but I learned that his grandfather was a pro soccer player. Pro sports run in their family and both of the last two generations were considered very good at the sport they chose.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
1-Tyrus Thomas...Amare with a more defensive mentality?
2-Adam Morrison...a white Dirk? who brings it every night
3-Joakim Noah...beast on the glass,tremendous passer for his size, nice handles, and our future rasta monster?
4-Andrea Bargani....the next dirk..again?
5-Randy Foye..maybe a DWade type?
6-Rudy Gay...his potential is too hard to pass up on, but we don't need another Dmiles type who has lapses
7-LaMarcus Aldridge...I think he has maxed out physically and athletically..will be a servicable big man in the league, but I wouldnt expect much more then Kurt Thomas type numbers. Unlike the afformentioned prospects, his potential may be maxed out.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
If I were the Blazers, I'd steer clear of Rudy Gay. The guy doesn't seem to have any sort of desire on the basketball court. The Blazers already have two of those. They don't need another. Especially with that high of a draft pick.

Here's my top 6, in the order the Blazers should have them:

1a) Adam Morrison - not totally sold on him, but his offense would be a shot in the arm for an anemic Blazers team.

1b) Brandon Roy - I flip-flop on Morrison and Roy. I think Roy looked like the best all-around player in the tournament. He plays aggressive defense. He has the ability to play off the ball or create his own shot. And he played in a competitive conference (unlike his Gonzaga counterpart).

3) Tyrus Thomas - excellent defender. Can jump out of the gym. A lot of people are falling in love with this guy, but in my mind he could be another Hakim Warrick.

4) LaMarcus Aldridge - tough big man with a good mid-range game.

5) Andrea Bargnani - out on a limb on this one, since I haven't seen him play. But I'm buying into the hype and nervous about missing the next great international big man.

6) Joakim Noah - runs the floor well for a big man. Finishes well around the basket. Tenacious rebounder. Not sure how well it will translate, since he's pretty light (225 pounds) for a 6-11 guy.

-Pop

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I don't know who POR should take...for me, it is between

1a) Tyrus Thomas
1b) Adam Morrison

Adam is the fiery competitor and uncanny scorer this team sorely lacks, and I do think his game will translate very well in the NBA.

Thomas is raw, but an athletic wonder, he also plays with passion, appears to have a good motor, and is just an excellent rebounder\defender, again something POR severely lacks...I think he would complement Zach nicely, much like he does Glen Davis...

3) Rudy Gay - Yeah I know, where is the passion? He drifts a lot, but when he turns it on, he is one of, if not THE best player in college...

4a) Joakim Noah- He has a pretty slight build for the NBA, but man he is everywhere. Again, a guy who plays with a lot of passion and whom has a very good motor. He just makes plays.

4b) LaMarcus Aldridge - Yeah, he has the size, but where is the heart? He dissapears in big games, and it isn't only b\c his teamates don't find him enough (which is part of the reason). I thought Glenn Davis and Tyrus Thomas just dominated him, and he has really been a non-factor in way too many Texas games, particularly for a guy his size...

6) Brandon Roy - Although I hate Huskies, he is a really complete player, not sure how much his game will translate in the NBA, but he should be a solid player at worst. I just think the likelyhood of Gay "breaking out" are significantly higher than Roy...but it wouldn't be the 1st time I was wrong...

incomplete - Andrea Bargnani - Other than a few "best of" video clips of him, I don't know nearly enough about him....

The rest
7)A.Bargnani
8) Shelden Williams
9)A.Horford
10)R.Foye
11)Marcus Williams
12)R.Carney
13)T.Splitter
14)JJ Redick

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
It's too early because of not knowing who will declare - but making some assumptions, here goes:

1. Tyrus Thomas - we need big men to make a difference, not just score or just block shots - he might be that man.

2. LaMarcus Aldridge - we need big men to make a difference, he might continue to grow taller also. Another "potential" pick - not based upon talent now.

* both these picks make Zach tradeable if not this year, next or the one after.

3. Adam Morrison - although I love his offensive game - I'm just not convinced the rest translates to PT in the NBA, especially with an offensive-minded, weak-defender PF (Zach).

4. Andrea Bargnani - haven't seen him play yet - but if true every comparison to Dirk - the guy might be a good pick. Even if he ends up being "only" as good as Pau Gasol.

5. Rudy Gay - all around game, tall enough, good touch, good defender. Looks solid, but not great.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I'm hoping the final four will provide some insight into Thomas, but here is mine:

1. Andrea Bargnani - By default--I haven't seen him, but don't think anyone else is #1 material.
2. Adam Morrison - I like his smarts and his shot, too bad he doesn't have more dimensions.
3. Lamarcus Aldridge - Reminds me of a short Brad Dougherty, solid, but nothing special.
4. Tyrus Thomas - Kenyon Martin II. How is he any different? If he grew, he'd by my #1.
5. Joakim Noah - Small shoulders will limit size, but Marcus Camby survived with them.
6. Rudy Gay - Too many disappearing acts. Lacks fire. Rudy-Darius-Outlaw, together would almost make one motivated player.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
1- Andrea Bargnani
2- Tyrus Thomas
3/4/5- Rudy Gay, Lamarcus Aldridge, Joakim Noah
6- Adam Morrison

·
Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
My order of preference:

1. Rudy Gay - Athletic, multi-talented, highest star potential

2. Andrea Bargnani - Already dominating the best basketball league outside of the NBA (and higher quality than college), extremely young and also multi-talented

3. Tyrus Thomas - Big, strong, athletic and active defensively. He seems like a project offensively, as he doesn't have a polished go-to offensive game and plays off of lob passes a lot.

4. LaMarcus Aldridge - A big man project that strikes me as a bit too lethargic. He has size and talent, so he's got a lot of potential value, but Thomas' energy is more appealing.

5. Brandon Roy - A lesser all-around prospect, but the best defensive player of the group, he can shoot, slash and play disruptive defense.

6. Adam Morrison - A very polished offensive game, he lacks the athleticism to dominate at the NBA level and doesn't offer much in any other aspect of the game

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
I take it Thomas is the new flavor of the week....

I like Thomas, I'm just not sold on his offensive game and being one of the worst offensive teams in the league, we need all the offense we can get...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
I take it Thomas is the new flavor of the week....

I like Thomas, I'm just not sold on his offensive game and being one of the worst offensive teams in the league, we need all the offense we can get...

Let me take a wild guess Zags......Morrison or bust?

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
mediocre man said:
Bingo

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
mediocre man said:
I just said I like Thomas...

But his body of work makes me leary....Sure he's had a couple of nice tournament games, but outside of that he hasn't been spectacular....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.