Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
All of these kids today going straight from High School to the NBDL... :rolleyes:
Seriuosly... Why not spend some time in college, get over hyped for a few years then go high in the draft after living it up at a premier college.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
It's sad kids cant make decisions. This may be egotistical, but I believe, that I (or probably the majority of posters here) could give better advice to these kids, after watching them, then they have been getting. Marcus Taylor???, etc., etc. When I watched Lang last year, I thought there was no way he was ready. It wasnt even close. It's hard to become motivated or get noticed in the NBDL.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
College was never an option fo rhim if you look back at old pre-draft articles and stuff. Maybe it was for financial or family reasons.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
I asked this question before, and didn't get much of a response, but why doesn't the NBA adopt a draft committee like the NFL has? So that they can get opinions from each NBA team of where players would go, so they can give the prospective draft eligible players their status? That way they have information straight from the source, instead of getting it from agents, family members, "friends", and mock draft websites on the internet.

This is a logical move, and would help stop some of these guys from going pro before they're ready. Of course, others would still try their chances but eventually I'm thinking it would really be taken into mind by players. NBA needs to do something to show these guys how things are, as much as I hate seeing guys go pro before they're ready, I really really hate seeing guys who aren't ready and have no shot at the NBA right now go pro even more.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
College was never an option fo rhim if you look back at old pre-draft articles and stuff. Maybe it was for financial or family reasons.
Or just not smart enough for college.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Where is he playing now, does anyone know??? I tried searching for his name on various sites, but there are no news about him.
Updates anyone???

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stevemc</b>!

Seriuosly... Why not spend some time in college, get over hyped for a few years then go high in the draft after living it up at a premier college.
You have to wonder who was in his ear telling him to go. That is the biggest problem. I'm sure there was some agent in his ear telling him how great he was and how he was a definite first round pick, just hoping he'd go to the league and be something so he could get a payday.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I think Lang will one day be good
he may not be completely ready right now
but i hope he is spending time not eating to much and in the weight room
turnin fat into muscle

from what i saw he has some nice post moves
he is an excellent offensive rebounder
and for a guy of his build runs the floor very very well
and for his age and experience he has a very good mid range game

except for lebron i think he might be the best player out of that year
and that's including Luol Deng(overrated)

he actually outplayed lebron for most of the mcdonalds game
except for the end of the game when Lang slowed down and lebron took over

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wendy's

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

You have to wonder who was in his ear telling him to go. That is the biggest problem. I'm sure there was some agent in his ear telling him how great he was and how he was a definite first round pick, just hoping he'd go to the league and be something so he could get a payday.
Yeah, and whats bad is that Agent probably already got a nice chunk of his money that he did get from the Twolves.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I read in an article that Dwight Howard wants to go to College also, limiting his schools to, Duke, Georgia, Georgia Tech, UNC, and some others I forgot.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
I read in an article that Dwight Howard wants to go to College also, limiting his schools to, Duke, Georgia, Georgia Tech, UNC, and some others I forgot.
I hope he does. One comentator was talking about how all these kids coming into the NBA is not only bad for them and the NBA but its destroying college basketball. The NCAA would be so badass if players like Melo and LBJ had to stay untill 20 or 21...

Hell, Dmiles could of avoided all this hate if he would of went to a good college program and polished up his game.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hell, Dmiles could of avoided all this hate if he would of went to a good college program and polished up his game.
Or NBA teams would have realized his weaknesses and he wouldnt have been drafted as high as he was. Miles made the right move. If you can get drafted in the lottery out of high school, then you should go for it.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BobbyDigital32</b>!

Or NBA teams would have realized his weaknesses and he wouldnt have been drafted as high as he was. Miles made the right move. If you can get drafted in the lottery out of high school, then you should go for it.
Someone like Coach Knight could of beat some skill into his thick amazingly athletic skull... Literally....

And the world would be a better place because of it... Could you imagine Dmiles athletic ability, a decent jumper and a better grasp of the game of basketball?

·
Registered
920 Posts

Someone like Coach Knight could of beat some skill into his thick amazingly athletic skull... Literally....

And the world would be a better place because of it... Could you imagine Dmiles athletic ability, a decent jumper and a better grasp of the game of basketball?
Yea that would be nice.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Not too many players go to college id they have a chance of going in the first round, their weaknesses would be on display every night. If they can get drafted based alone on their potential they will do it...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts