Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know he got drafted by the T-wolves after playin for the Gophers, but he's not still on the roster is he?

Did he get cut, or sent to Europe or something?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
He is in the Krka Novo Mesto...
The team is awful... I've seen 3 euroleague games with Rick..
He was not bad... he is playing center and shows promises... I think in a few years could become a top player in Europe..
Is true is still a bit skinny even for european standards at center position, but is not playing badly... I wouldn't not exclude an Nba spot a day... Now is not ready for that, but in few years will see..Anyway he is very good for his age.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,637 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Re: A Blast from the Past

Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24832&highlight=Rickert

Last I heard, back in August, OZZY was still convinced Rickert would be a Keith Van Horn caliber player despite getting selected near the end of the second round, apparently he has the character to come back from setbacks like getting drafted in the 50s and having no talent.

he left too early,period. to say he has no talent is a joke.
 

·
just foul
Joined
·
6,913 Posts
Honestly, what's the difference between him and Dan Langhi? Except maybe for Rickert's lack of maturity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
Honestly, what's the difference between him and Dan Langhi? Except maybe for Rickert's lack of maturity.
you had to have watched rickert in highschool going up against guys like kwame brown and david lee, he has a lot of skill, langhi is more of a jumpshooter, he doesnt have the bounce or skills that rickert has.
 

·
just foul
Joined
·
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
you had to have watched rickert in highschool going up against guys like kwame brown and david lee, he has a lot of skill, langhi is more of a jumpshooter, he doesnt have the bounce or skills that rickert has.
Maybe I was a little harsh on Rickert; I'm just not a big fan of his. He has a lot of talent, but is letting it go to waste. He better gain weight and work on his post skills if he wants to ever be a player in the league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
I think Rickert ruined a possible career by turning pro. The Wolves were telling him the whole time to stay in college, but he decided to go anyways, and we took him with a pitty pick, because we knew we wouldn't use anybody picked that late anyways, so might as well pick the local guy and make him feel good. If it weren't for him being from MN, he wouldn't have been drafted at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>q</b>!
I think Rickert ruined a possible career by turning pro. The Wolves were telling him the whole time to stay in college, but he decided to go anyways, and we took him with a pitty pick, because we knew we wouldn't use anybody picked that late anyways, so might as well pick the local guy and make him feel good. If it weren't for him being from MN, he wouldn't have been drafted at all.
ruined his career, sure he should've stayed but if he can play he'll make it to the nba. lets face it he needs to bulk up and get some experiance, two things that are easily attained. if not with the t-wolves then look for him to be with some other team in a year or two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!


ruined his career, sure he should've stayed but if he can play he'll make it to the nba. lets face it he needs to bulk up and get some experiance, two things that are easily attained. if not with the t-wolves then look for him to be with some other team in a year or two.
He could've stayed in college another year or two and done that, then got picked in the high to mid 1st round. Now he's got to hope he can get himself out of Europe and into the league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,756 Posts
he left too early,period. to say he has no talent is a joke.
Your right if you say the exact opposite of what you just said. He went out to late, if he went out his FROSH year he would have probably been a 1st round pick because of potential. But I guess players can't go undrafted or drafted late in the second, play over in Europe, and have success in the NBA. Not like Brad Miller did that, oh wait he did. Not comparing the two but he is a perfect example of a player going over to Europe and really developing his skills. But I guess Rick Rickert should have stayed in school and did college work, thats so fun, why get paid to play basketball when you can do college work?
 

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
Joined
·
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>OZZY</b>!
Your right if you say the exact opposite of what you just said. He went out to late, if he went out his FROSH year he would have probably been a 1st round pick because of potential. But I guess players can't go undrafted or drafted late in the second, play over in Europe, and have success in the NBA. Not like Brad Miller did that, oh wait he did. Not comparing the two but he is a perfect example of a player going over to Europe and really developing his skills. But I guess Rick Rickert should have stayed in school and did college work, thats so fun, why get paid to play basketball when you can do college work?
Ozzy, if Rick Rickert ever has the career that Brad Miller has had, I will leave this board and never come back.

If he weren't a Gopher, I'm pretty sure you'd say what everyone else has said and admitted that this guy isn't NBA material in the slightest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,896 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!


Ozzy, if Rick Rickert ever has the career that Brad Miller has had, I will leave this board and never come back.

If he weren't a Gopher, I'm pretty sure you'd say what everyone else has said and admitted that this guy isn't NBA material in the slightest.
career brad miller has or season? cuz rickert can come over and just be somewhere between ok and bad and that equals miller when he first got in the league
 

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
Joined
·
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>knickstorm</b>!


career brad miller has or season? cuz rickert can come over and just be somewhere between ok and bad and that equals miller when he first got in the league
Brad Miller has always been at least a slightly above average center ever since he got in the league. He's been an All-Star even before this breakout year with the Kings.

Rickert won't even get an All-Star VOTE from anyone except maybe Ozzy.
 

·
just foul
Joined
·
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vinsanity</b>!
i remember him being as high as number 5 on nbadraft.net
Yeah, that's the potential he is wasting.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top