Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AD has scored about four points the last 2 games and JYD is no longer the spark he used to be.
AD should be more fresh with Tyson back but his numbers have gone from solid double-doubles to nothing at all.
I haven't been able to see the last two games on TV. What's up with JYD?
We are paying these guys tons of money. They need to produce more. Is AD bothered by the trade rumors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,378 Posts
AD is burned out from all those minutes he had to play because Tyson was hurt and Eddy, well he stunk it up. Tyson is not back as you put it. He played what 12 min in the Portland game. When Tyson can play like 30 min and AD can be down to 24 or so he will be more effective. About JYD I am not sure what is up with him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
AD has scored about four points the last 2 games and JYD is no longer the spark he used to be.
AD should be more fresh with Tyson back but his numbers have gone from solid double-doubles to nothing at all.
I haven't been able to see the last two games on TV. What's up with JYD?
We are paying these guys tons of money. They need to produce more. Is AD bothered by the trade rumors?
I think this is why Dallas didn't go through with any of the AD trades that were rumored.... He's showing age IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
It's been pretty well reported that AD's banged up. He bumped knees with someone several games back and he's been gutting it out since.

JYD... yeah, he's just sort of dropped off. He looks to me like a guy that needs consistent minutes in order to do well. 10 one game and 30 the next is probably not the way I'd go about it. Give him a nice solid 20-25 every night and don't expect him to be spectacular.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,393 Posts
Davis has been overworked...and JYD is a hustle guy that should only get 10-15 a game to go in a light a fire.


If Jamal doesn't become what some of us hope, we got screwed.

Hell, we got screwed in any case.
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
^^^My sentiments exactly. Ever start a job or a school year fresh and new and come out like gangbusters, only to drop off and settle into some bad habits once the initial burst of enthusiasm wears off?

Meet JYD.

Hope Dupree doesn't follow suit.

Not to get too down on JYD. Hopefully, he can rekindle some of his enthusiasm and recharge his energy. A few wins would help.

As to AD -- old and abused and overpplayed, and it is showing. but he does good for us overall. If we can play him more realistic minutes he can certainly continue to contribute. Same with Scottie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
The honeymoon is over.
AD is still a better player than Rose was, as far as I can tell. I wish he was younger, but he's averaging 9 points, 9 boards, 2 assists and close to a block a game. While he doesn't shoot great, he shoots better than Rose. Rose 15, 4, and 6 with almost a steal, but also averaging into something that rounds to 4 TOs a game and shooting several ticks below AD.

I think AD gets dogged because what he does best (defend) doesn't show up in a statsheet. People who like stats and showy play might be impressed more by Rose (if they ignore his eye-popping TO numbers) but otherwise I don't get it.

Hell, if you really look at the stats, look at the league leaders. Rose ranks in the Top 50 in 3 categories (All bad).

Jalen is #9/#7/#12 in total/per game/per 48 minutes TOs

AD is in the top 50 in 7 categories (All good).
#15/#13 Total/per Offensive Rebounds
#19/#19 Total/per game Defensive Rebounds
#14/#14/#17 Total/per game/per 48 Total Rebounds
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!


AD is still a better player than Rose was, as far as I can tell. I wish he was younger, but he's averaging 9 points, 9 boards, 2 assists and close to a block a game. While he doesn't shoot great, he shoots better than Rose. Rose 15, 4, and 6 with almost a steal, but also averaging into something that rounds to 4 TOs a game and shooting several ticks below AD.

I think AD gets dogged because what he does best (defend) doesn't show up in a statsheet. People who like stats and showy play might be impressed more by Rose (if they ignore his eye-popping TO numbers) but otherwise I don't get it.

Hell, if you really look at the stats, look at the league leaders. Rose ranks in the Top 50 in 3 categories (All bad).

Jalen is #9/#7/#12 in total/per game/per 48 minutes TOs

AD is in the top 50 in 7 categories (All good).
#15/#13 Total/per Offensive Rebounds
#19/#19 Total/per game Defensive Rebounds
#14/#14/#17 Total/per game/per 48 Total Rebounds
Yeah But Marshall is a hell of a lot better than either AD OR JYD IMO.
 

·
Skokie, IL 60076
Joined
·
17,170 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!


Yeah But Marshall is a hell of a lot better than either AD OR JYD IMO.
I really miss Marshall's versatility.

fantasy "out of the box" :

Is there a more complete player outside of Utah than Donyell Marshall? At least from a statistical perspective, Marshall is doing everything. Sunday's line featured 18 points, 13 rebounds, three steals, two 3-pointers and a block. It was the fourth time in the last 15 games -- a healthy percentage -- that he's had double-digit rebounds with at least one steal, block and 3-pointer.

In December he average 15.1 pts, 10.3 rebs, 1 stl, 2.4 blks and went 19-52 (.365%) from three point land. I still have no clue why we didn't start him every game. when he plays over 40 minutes we won all those games (except that tough minnesota game):uhoh:
 

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
Joined
·
5,702 Posts
Re: Marshall wasn't doing that with us

Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
He was not playing well this year before the trade.
he also wasn't playing consistent minutes. Cartwright was either being dumb or was under a mandate to keep Marsh on the bench and let the Bulls sink or swim with Eddy/Baxter/Tyson (when healthy). We basically forgot how good Donyell sometimes is and "threw him in" to a trade when in fact he was the best player included. He's not a great defender, but alongside AD and, eventually, a healthy Tyson, he wouldn't have been a huge liability.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top