Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can't this guy get any minutes. There have been a couple of games where he could have helped and didn't get his feet on the court. Against the Sixers was one of those games.

Hey Mike --- we want to see Singleton ON the court.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
I imagine that having Maggette back is cutting into the minutes available to other players. But then, guys already knew that. He started out the season on fire, and hopefully he will get more opportunities to play this season.

G-Force

·
Registered
117 Posts
i think the problem is that corey is coming off the bench, if he starts then his backup is singleton, instead of him corey coming in for q. it seems that with q starting the defense improves, but the offense decreases. it probably a hard decision to make for mike. im ok with corey starting, then q and singleton back up corey and mobley, adding defense and rebounding. in the game i saw that korver and andre got gover mobley and cassell to get rebounds.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike better have an answer because soon the media is going to ask the same question. The media already had Singleton pegged as Rookie of the Year and then PT is taken from him?

Q's defens does not replace the length of Singleton. I'm sure there were opportunities when Singleton's length and rebounds would have been better suited than Q's defense. And, I'm not trying to take anything from Q --- never. Dunleavy has to find a way to get Singleton in the game.

I'm pretty sure he forgets about Singleton. Too many times that any other coach with THAT sitting on the bench would have put him and not care whose feelings are hurt.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Well Maggette coming back is going to hurt them that is obvious. The key thing right now though is him battling over McCarty. Seems like Dunleavy like McCarty right now and that is why he got playing time and Singleton didn't.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i believe hard working people will sooner or later get their opportunity singleton will definitely get his opportunity soon he is a very hard working basketball player

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
singleton should be getting minutes, plain and simple. If that means less minutes for wilcox, rebraca, mccarty, ewing, etc., so be it.

Take tonights game, clippers could not do anything with their second chances. Singleton would have turned some of those offensive rebounds into put backs, and might have gotten more offensive rebounds than the clippers did. There were some plays tonight where on the shot, kaman, then rebraca, was going up against 4 76'rs for the rebound, without another clipper in sight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm glad you all are discussing this matter because I'm baffled. Would we have suffered more then we did, if we went small against the Sixers? Singleton, Brand, Wilcox, Magette,Mobley, Cassell, Ewing would be an intriging, exciting small rotation. I have had a problem embracing the play of Kaman and proably always will; I do acknowledge though the need for a large presence, akward as it might be.
I hope and pray Singleton gets some PT and is allowed to campaign for the first undrafted Rookie of the Year.

·
Registered
187 Posts
matchups will seemingly dictate who plays yet in the philly game we definitely could have used his energy to offset andre's...corey coming back has hurt his minutes but i don't see why he couldn't be used as eb's 1st sub since wilcox's play has been spotty at best...with singleton, we don't lose outside shooting as we do with wilcox and we still have a pretty mean inside rebounding presence...to get mc carty into such a big game fresh off an injury didn't make sense to me...singleton has already shown he can compete at this level so no fear in that playa's profile!! GIVE HIM A CHANCE!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
This is why i think we are in a position to trade wilcox, mccarty, or others. This is also why i thought from the beginning that the clippers should not sign rodney white.

If we are so deep in the front court, where our best rebounder can get zero playing time, AND if we are not planning on keeping wilcox after this year anyway, why not trade away wilcox for something while we still can. Heck, if the clippers are committed to wilcox, then the same goes for kaman. (i dont think the clippers will sign both to long term deals.

Granted, its NICE to have someone that you can count on, on the bench in case someone gets injured, but i think the clippers are so deep now, they need to move someone out, or else singleton will never see the light of day.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
What can't this guy get any minutes. There have been a couple of games where he could have helped and didn't get his feet on the court. Against the Sixers was one of those games.

Hey Mike --- we want to see Singleton ON the court.

I have to agree.... Singleton was giving us the rebounds we needed big time. I mean in what 4 games he was averaging like 7 rebounds and 7 points? I know Corey is back but I dont see why Ewing got all the time and Singleton got nothing? Especally in the fourth when we could have used him for second chance points and rebounding.

I dont know if he had a bad practice or what, but I hope he gets more play time against the bucks.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Wilcox is so damn inconsistent. I dont why he cant be a monster on the glass and a shot blocking machine. He disappears and seems to hang his head when things arent going his way. Singleton should be playing cuz he is pure hustle and a monster on the boards.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
maybe the same reason he thought we didnt need the spark off of the bench in tabuse, perhaps the same reason why he let mccarty shoot brick after brick and stay in the game, the same reason he does a lot of things that might seem flabbergasting. Who knows. But one thing i have never liked that much from dunleavvy is his rotation.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
yamaneko said:
maybe the same reason he thought we didnt need the spark off of the bench in tabuse, perhaps the same reason why he let mccarty shoot brick after brick and stay in the game, the same reason he does a lot of things that might seem flabbergasting. Who knows. But one thing i have never liked that much from dunleavvy is his rotation.
Yeah what the hell was up with McCarty being allowed to toss up 4 bricks in a row?

How about Cassell being allowed to jack up a shot everytime we pulled within 2 points and not looking to pass at all??

Or sitting Mobley for the whole 3rd quarter after he was absolutely on fire in the 1st half???

Dunleavy's plan boggles my mind sometimes.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The season is long.
Don't get out of whack with a few games and wanting to see the 10th, 11th, 12th player on the bench get in the game. Clips need to win AND experiment at the same time.
Throughout the season coaches need to experiment with lineups and matchups..
Singleton doesn't quite box-out well enough against bigger bodies. He's athletic and quick but in the NBA.. that won't get him boards all the time. He needs to learn defense, positioning, boxing out, and the offense before he gets more playing time.
He'll get his chances.. but it will come when the Coach sees opportunities with matchups.
Singleton is pure athleticism and raw. He will learn and he will be around for a while. QRoss is his example.

Quit getting on Duns. He's a great coach who sometimes over-coaches. There is a big picture plan.
work with it peoples... be patient.
75 more games to go before the playoffs............

1 - 20 of 28 Posts