Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Trade Jaric and a future 2nd pick to Denver for Posey, a future 1st and the Clipps own pick (Denver via Orlando).

2. Trade Posey to Washington for their 2003 1st, and Thomas

3. Sign Olowokandi,Miller,Odom,Brand to 7 year 60 million dollar contracts each (this can be done with group negotiations like the Kings used).

4. Sign Smush Parker or William Avery

5. Trade Thomas, and 1 mil cash to Utah for their 2003 1st, filler (although only fits are Lopez,Collins,John Ameachi,Cheaney)

and then in the 2003 Draft, there are the Clipps own pick, Washington's pick, and Utah's pick..........
so the Clipps could potentially offer all three picks plus their future 1st via Denver, their 2004 and 2005 2nd pick, Maggette or Q, and Dooling for Lebron James which would be awesome......but realistically the Clipps could get James White, Eduardo Sonseca-Hernandez, and another Euro like Pachulia or Delfino as well as the 2nd pick which could be Jason Kapono to take the torch from Pike......Seemingly though the Clipps could make that trade for Lebron if a team besides Cleveland gets the #1 pick.

so if you optimize that lineup:
PG Dre Smush
SG James Maggette or Q Pike
SF Odom Kapono
PF Brand Wilcox
C Kandi Ely
+ the Utah filler and 3 other players (at least one center)

what do you think should they do something along those line or do you have your own plan (post it if you do).

·
Registered
983 Posts
Not trying to be a d!ck, but thats just a complete pipedream. Zero chance of it happening.

Again, this team does not need to be making this many moves(as if it were realistic anyway). Making more moves only can do one thing - Disrupt chemistry and cause problems. Any sort of talent upgrade is minimal at the very best. There is no need to do these moves.

As for the players signing 7 years, 60mill.

Not a chance of even one of them signing that deal.

That is LESS than Raef LaFrentz, and all 4 players are worth more than LaFrentz.

6years 70mill is more like it. I think Brand, LO, Miller will accept that(that is what Kobe and VC make). And Id give Kandi 6years at 60mill.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re:

It may just be a dream and actually I'd rather see this:
1. you're right on the signings but I think Odom,Brand and Dre might take 7/60 because they are reasonable people but 7/70 is fine too. With Kandi though I thought of a possible scenario a 4/40 with a 3/30 extension team option, that way Kandi is not a long-term liability. Maggette I think could be signed to 6/30 or 7/35 and he will be valuable in the long run. Q is a big question because he isn't reasonable and might even seek the max, that's why I'm all for trading him for future talent while he's tradable.

2. I like Jaric, I really do. I would actually take Jaric over Q and Dooling, but the Clipps can't really keep him with what they can get for him, even if a deal has to wait until December. Maybe this is the best they can get and I'd take it because Jaric's value drops every week he spends on the bench: Clipps own 1st from Denver, James Posey (to be traded to Washington for their 2003 1st and a filler) and a future 2nd.

3. Take Wilcox put him in a gym with Dennis Johnson and don't let him out until he has 3 range. Imagine Wilcox with a 3, scary. That would be like the young Chris Webber that used to hit 3s on the, then, Bullets.

4. Kandi- I'm tentative to say what to do with him. I think Ely can be just as effective though, so why not trade Kandi for Sophocles Schortsianitis and a filler in 2004? I'll give Kandi another year, but he is a nuisance.

5. Assuming the Washington 2003 1st isn't #1 get James White or the best Euro available (Kosta Perovic is my choice), because raw talent like that CAN sit on the bench

overall my only concern is Q. Really he can traded for some good stuff and I don't see Q ever having the stamina to play more than 27 minutes, so I think Q should be traded unless he developes D at which time he could be kept over Maggette. But Q's salary will always be an issue, he deserves 7/42 but will want like 7/70 and he isn't worth that by any stretch.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
5. Trade Thomas, and 1 mil cash to Utah for their 2003 1st, filler (although only fits are Lopez,Collins,John Ameachi,Cheaney)
[/QUOTE]

Why would the Jazz do this? They have made very few bad trades and aren't looking to make the Clippers better. Especially since Clippers are one of the teams threatening the Jazz's long consecutive playoff run. Of those players Amaechi is the only player they might trade. He is making around 3M per year with two years and a player option left. Lopez is definitely unavailable unless you want to send a better PG. Currently none of your PG are anymore proven than Lopez except Miller. Collins was a second round pick who is going to make 600,000 - 700,000 this year and Thomas was a #12 pick who will make a lot more. Thomas is no better than Collins. That 2003 1st has a good chance of being a lottery pick. Idiotic trade for Utah.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
why not keep e.thomas if you get him i would love to see a Syracuse Player in a clippers jersey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts