Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can take this lightly... it's just idle speculation, I guess.

He's young... what if he did grow some more?

Say about 6'10", with that kind of freaky athleticism and strength.

How would that change what kind of player you think he's going to become?

I think he'd be an great power forward. He's got an excellent touch around the basket; I've seen him make hook shots with both hands (ask Tim Duncan if that's easy), as well as a beautiful sweeping skyhook.

His handle would be excellent for a guy that size. He would be kind of like Lamar Odom, I think, but more athletic, just better all-around, and obviously more focused, more of a leader, etc, we know Lamar's problems.

I think a couple more inches would change everything... although, he's capable of playing the power forward spot right now, just a bit undersized. Charles Barkley is always saying that the 4 is his natural position and that he'll play it eventually; I don't know about that if he's 6'8", but if he grew to 6'10" Barkley would look like a genius. (Well, I think he is anyway.)

Thoughts?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Who knows. Lebron is already something I've never seen before. Adding two inches to that would just make things even more amazing.

I don't know about Lebron playing long term minutes at the 4. Just because the Cavs are better with the ball in his hands...but if they got some good guards...yeah sure why not?

Lebron has a power forward body right now. He looks just a little smaller than Kenyon Martin and he has a far more developed game.

He could be a good rebounder. In fact I think that's the area that is hurt the most with him playing the 1. He doesn't get to the glass like he could.

I doubt Lebron grows more. But KG did grow after he came in the league, so it's possible. KG is what, 7-1?

If anyone could make Lebron a 4 it's Paul Silas. He made Barkley into the player he became.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Who knows. Lebron is already something I've never seen before. Adding two inches to that would just make things even more amazing.

I don't know about Lebron playing long term minutes at the 4. Just because the Cavs are better with the ball in his hands...but if they got some good guards...yeah sure why not?

Lebron has a power forward body right now. He looks just a little smaller than Kenyon Martin and he has a far more developed game.

He could be a good rebounder. In fact I think that's the area that is hurt the most with him playing the 1. He doesn't get to the glass like he could.

I doubt Lebron grows more. But KG did grow after he came in the league, so it's possible. KG is what, 7-1?

If anyone could make Lebron a 4 it's Paul Silas. He made Barkley into the player he became.
Lebrons' bigger than Kenyon, weighs more, looks much more cut

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

Lebrons' bigger than Kenyon, weighs more, looks much more cut
Really?

That's astonishing. Forget High School. How many rookies coming out of college have been this physically ready? Good grief.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>gifford</b>!
I heard lebron is already 23 yrs old so i dont think he will grow taller anymore

WTF?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>gifford</b>!
I heard lebron is already 23 yrs old so i dont think he will grow taller anymore
This was gifford third post. I wonder if his first two posts were so insightful... but then I could care less and will not check them to verify.

Actually, it's pretty scary that this kid just turned 19 a few days ago.... he's got amazing athletics, he's not even fully learned the league yet, he's already got better basketball IQ than 85% of the league, and he hasn't even reached the average age of a male's physical maturity! Give him 3 years to get closer to his potential, and then 7 more years of terrorizing the league!! Cool!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
When he had a broken wrist the doc also did an X-ray on his growth plate (it was either him and his coach or mother that wanted it done) and they said he'd likely get up to 6'9, maybe 6'10. At that time he was 6'6 or so I think.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Then he will get alot more sex if he grew a few more inches

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
As regards fairweather fans response, that is the first time someone ever had a sig line that perfectly matched their post! fairweather fan, you get no points for that idiotic, incoherent post.

·
Registered
118 Posts
idiotic maybe but incoherent no

my post made perfect sense in no way was it incoherent

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TMOD</b>!
When he had a broken wrist the doc also did an X-ray on his growth plate (it was either him and his coach or mother that wanted it done) and they said he'd likely get up to 6'9, maybe 6'10. At that time he was 6'6 or so I think.
I broke my ankle in high school. I was 6'2 at the time and the doctor said that growth plate was still open and i would probably grow another couple inches. It's two years later. I'm 6'2.5...

Just a thought. I think James is pretty close to done. The doctor could be right, could be wrong. My example just shows you have to wait and see.

That said, I hope he grows a little more, it would be nice to see. I don't think he should be a PF though. They have Booz for that. Leave him where he is happy.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
David Robinson grew from 6'4" to 7'1" while he was at the Naval academy.

Things like this give me hope that I won't be 5'7" forever. :(

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
David Robinson grew from 6'4" to 7'1" while he was at the Naval academy.

Things like this give me hope that I won't be 5'7" forever. :(
i've been at college for 2.5 years and i've barely grown half an inch

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Personally, I'm still waiting for my ultimate growth spurt to take place... just 1 foot more and i'm ready to go pro... :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mongolmike, JOHN & BEEZ

pls read at NBA blog squad " Is James for real". For your information. Im not the only one who heard it. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts