Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the Committee had one less decision to make if the number of slots a conference gets in the Big Dance can be predetermined. The conference’s RPI as of February 1st would determine the position and therefore the number of slots. This would be more objective as well as being something that is not a surprise on Selection Sunday. The only drama would be which teams the committee would choose from each conference and their seeding.

Major Conferences (Top Eight)

RPI pos./# of teams
1/6
2/6
3/5
4/5
5/5
6/4
7/4
8/4

Mid major conferences
They can be moved up or down from year to year depending on that year’s conference RPI

RPI pos./# of teams
9/3
10/3
11/2
12/2
13/1
14/1
15/1
16/1
17/1
18/1
19/1
20/1
21/1
22/1
23/1

Low major (bottom eight) conferences
they will be in the four play-in games on the Tuesday or Wednesday prior to the first round. A D-1 Independent school can take any of these spots if their RPI is lower than any of these conference tournament champions.

RPI positions
24 vs. 31 plays at the site of lowest #1 seed
25 vs. 30 plays at site of third highest #1 seed
26 vs. 29 plays at the site of second highest #1 seed
27 vs. 28 plays at the site of highest #1 seed

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
This is a bad idea. The four play-in games should be between the last 8 Bubble Teams.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,560 Posts
I think there should be no more seedings, and just pick games out of random

·
Premium Member
10,184 Posts
Gtown07 said:
I agree with Ghost. How can you not enjoy the tournament? I love all sports (discluding hockey) but the NCAA tournament takes the cake nothing beats it.
I wouldn't change a thing. Nothing comes close to the tourney. Not the Super Bowl, the World Series, or anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.