Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see Redick sliding down the draft board a little as things progress.

He is a low ceiling (finished product) role player that is limited in what he can do.

Players like that have been going later than expected because teams are more interested in giving lottery money to guys with less experience and extraordinary physical skills that they can develop.

He's not going to drop to the 20s, but I can see him slipping to the 13-16 range.

That said, the Nets are a bad three point shooting team. Nobody can consistantly knock down an open look. They get wide open shots all day long and no one shoots better than 36%.

I'm no fan of Redick or Duke, but it is an intriguing thought to have a guy with his resume on the roster.

Unlike Zoran and Wright, there is no doubt he can contribute from the first day he steps on the court.

Reactions: monty51524

· Registered
5,515 Posts
Maybe Kidd can help Reddick develop some PG skills? If he can then Reddick can be a solid pick..but I doubt Reddick is still there when we pick...

Reactions: Peja Vu

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dark Knight said:
That's Classic. ROFL.

He no doubt wrote a poem about the hurt that sign caused him.

· Registered
1,392 Posts
It would be a waste of a pick. Reddick would stink on our team. He needs to be in a system that can utilize his skills. He would only shine with teams with a strong offensive post presence that can kick it back out to him for open shots. He is a one trick pony and will struggle in the pros.

BTW that picture above is damn funny.

· Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
The funny thing about Redick is how people think he is such a great 3 point shooter. Here are his shooting numbers from beyond the arc, freshman to senior seasons:

39.9%, 39.5%, 40.3%, 42.1%

Pretty kick-***, eh?

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dark Knight said:
The funny thing about Redick is how people think he is such a great 3 point shooter. Here are his shooting numbers from beyond the arc, freshman to senior seasons:

39.9%, 39.5%, 40.3%, 42.1%

Pretty kick-***, eh?
He took a ton of contested shots and still hit 42%.

But I think what he gives an NBA team is this.

If he misses a wide open, uncontested three pointer, everyone, especially Redick, is shocked that it didn't go in.

No one on the Nets has that.

· Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
ghoti said:
He took a ton of contested shots and still hit 42%.

But I think what he gives an NBA team is this.

If he misses a wide open, uncontested three pointer, everyone, especially Redick, is shocked that it didn't go in.

No one on the Nets has that.
That's pure ESPN hype, though. Believe me, the shock will wear off after the first few weeks.

Here's a verbal chart of sorts for you to judge me. I'd kill to have Quincy Douby on the Nets. I'd also kill to not have JJ Redick on the Nets.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dark Knight said:
That's pure ESPN hype, though. Believe me, the shock will wear off after the first few weeks.

Here's a verbal chart of sorts for you to judge me. I'd kill to have Quincy Douby on the Nets. I'd also kill to not have JJ Redick on the Nets.
I wouldn't consider you objective.

However, NBA GMs are. I think at least half agree with you and would take Douby over Redick.

There is a very real possibility that Douby will go before Redick. He may even get to the lottery.

· Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
ghoti said:
I wouldn't consider you objective.

However, NBA GMs are. I think at least half agree with you and would take Douby over Redick.

There is a very real possibility that Douby will go before Redick. He may even get to the lottery.
I'm not entirely objective, but it is not as if I hate every Duke player. I love Elton Brand. Daniel Ewing is a player I actually liked while playing on Duke. It is just that JJ is so unbelievably overhyped, it's hard to take.

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Assuming Zoran is out the door, we've still got Vaughn, Kidd, Carter and Wright on the team, meaning JJ would be no more than a 5th guard who can't play D to save his life. Do YOU really think he'd ever play, with the way Frank and the rest of the team emphasize hard-nosed defensive effort? If we really wanted a gunner we should have tried to get Salim Stoudamire; at least he can drive...

I've got a lot of faith in Thorn to do this draft right. I'm still not quite sure why he didn't leap for Granger or Green over Wright, but I'm definetly convinced that any of them would have been a better pick than Warrick, and I was screaming at the TV last year. These guys are smart. They'll get the best value at our pick, and turn it into whatever we need.

Oh, and Duke sucks.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
He has one quality Thorn likes. He is a winner. As for the logjam in the backcourt, I don't care. Take the best player available. And with the Nets aging bench--Robinson (40 next year), Murray (34), Vaughn (32), McInnis (32) and Padgett (30)--it's about time the team brings in some youth. I also expect Boki to get a chance to move up next season unless he is included in a trade.

· Registered
210 Posts
Quincy Douby is a much better player than JJ Redick. Everyone should be hoping Douby falls, and some simpleton before us wastes their pick on Redick.

Quincy plays MUCH better defense, has a much more well rounded offensive game, and, while being the ONLY option (literally, everyone else sucked) at Rutgers, was still able to be a 20 PPG scorer and get on the all Big East 1st team.

If the Nets have the choice to pick one or the other and don't pick Douby, I think for the first time ever, I can justly call Rod Thorn and Ed Stefanski morons.

· Premium Member
69,620 Posts
Please please dont do it. Dont waste a first round pick on Redick. His game doesnt translate well to what the Nets need. His footspeed is downright terrible and he will be exposed by much, quicker and athletic guards. Please check out how he has done so far against athletic guys in college who are not even close to what he will be seeing in the NBA.

Am still sticking to my shooter the nets should draft, who can be found in the second round. UConn's Rashard Anderson. Who happens to be 6'5 and not 6'2, 6'3 like some claim Redick is.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.