Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's just say, Miami 03-04 repeats all over again.

Raps get couple of wins from here and there and next thing you know, they are in the race.

Would anyone want that or the no.1 pick?

·
Registered
287 Posts
That would be something huh, that would ruin the master plan

I want the playoffs soooo bad though, im craving it for the Raptors, forget building.. the young guys will get only better if we Do make the playoffs, and making the playoffs would do wonders in attracting free agents to come here

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
hmmmmm..that is a dilema...although if we could get into the playoffs with such a young squad..we can go no where but up after that....so i really dont no...

·
Registered
87 Posts
AHH the playoffs would be sweet espicially seein us gettin in and the knicks suckin (as they alawys do) i would definatly give up this years pick to go to the play offs UNLESS we got in at the 8th spot and had to play detroit then i definatly would rather have the pick instead os watchin us get demolished in 4 games haha RUDY GAY alright....

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
If the choice you're imagining is between a low seed in the playoffs and the number one pick, I'll take the number one pick any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

A lot can be said about playoff experience and how it can better young players, but we don't have enough to contend with just supplimentary players like mid-first rounders and decent free agents right now. Another high draft pick could solidify the young team core into something we can use to compete for an extended period of time in the future.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Mr. Bold said:

Raps get couple of wins from here and there and next thing you know, they are in the race.

LOL... Its just one win dude.... I am amused by some Raptors fans.......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks like someone already posted a "What if the Raptors win the championship" thread. :laugh:

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i never said they will make it to playoffs, only what if?

Matter fact the topic was not even about making the playoffs, more like which one would you prefer? Playoffs or a lottery pick?

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
If we made the playoffs, I would be extremely happy - that means we have a good enough young core RIGHT NOW to contend for the title in a few years, becuase the core can only get better, and they would already be a playoff team.

That being said, WE ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Mr. Bold said:

... and then I woke up

·
now named...THE ICEMAN
5,218 Posts
If the Raptors can repeat what Chicago did last year, that'd be amazing.
LOL, just because they won ONE game, doesn't mean they're going to make it to the playoffs though.
Well, anything can happen.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
AirJordan™ said:
If the Raptors can repeat what Chicago did last year, that'd be amazing.
LOL, just because they won ONE game, doesn't mean they're going to make it to the playoffs though.
Well, anything can happen.
Welcome to the board. Hope to see you post regularly.

The two situations are pretty similar, though. Chicago was a team full of young players that looked like they were headed to their 7th straight lottery trip. But they bought into the coaches system and along with solid play from there veterans they developed into one of the better defensive teams in the league.

Now, we both have young talent, but we don't have the defensive ability of that Chicago team. So if we pull something like that, we'll probably have to do it as a run and gun team that plays decent-good defense. Because I can guarantee we won't make the playoffs or even win 30 games if we keep playing like we have on the defensive end.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The only reason I'd like the Raps to make it to the playoffs is so that Bosh doesn't get Tmac syndrome and complain about getting some help and jetting from Toronto. Unless somehow hoff turns into a stud and James continues at his current pace, the playoffs would be a real stretch. It would be alot better for the future to simply get a lottery pick out of this season.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts