Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think if phil jackson went to a team with talent, but has a/couple of players with issues he wouldnt win

phil jackson imo coaches behind his top player: MJ and Shaq

his biggest task of a "hump" in his championship runs with the lakers was JR rider

in chicago there was dennis rodman, but MJ kept him contained

i think if phil jackson had to coach a team like the Pacers (artest) or the jailblazers (whole team excluding randolph), he wouldnt finish .500+

opinions?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
well he did coach the Bulls without MJ and I think they won 50 games.

On the one hand Phil has benifited greatly from the players that he has had. But on the other hand, Phil has come in to these situations and really molded the team together. The Lakers had the same talent before Phil. But couldn't get it done. Phil comes in with his Zen voodoo and they win 3 titles. Same with the Bulls. They had talent before Phil. But it took phil to mix it all together.

He really is exceptional with getting teams to the next step. He really knows how to make players better teammates.

And it's not like Red Aurebach wasn't blessed with a ton of talent either, ya know.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
The Bulls didn't win until Phil started coaching, the Lakers didn't win until Phil started coaching.

Championship teams are going to have star players on them, that's why they are champions. You can't expect someone to coach a team of role players to the title.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!
The Bulls didn't win until Phil started coaching, the Lakers didn't win until Phil started coaching.

Championship teams are going to have star players on them, that's why they are champions. You can't expect someone to coach a team of role players to the title.

Thank You...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.