Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides indo smoke.

I think he's disappointed down underneath since I think he probably have a place in his heart for the Rose City, but is happy that Atlanta's got some kickin' soul food and a good hiphop scene.

:cry:

·
Registered
651 Posts
He's thinking that maybe, just maybe, dissing Paul Allen's yacht party and screaming at the new GM in the locker room probably weren't such great ideas.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
maybe he's thinking..

"hey, at least I can't be blamed for the poor attendance in Atlanta..."

so, does this mean the attendance #'s will sky rocket now that the satan worshipping baby eating evil scumbum is gone?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone call the Multnomah police to the Stoudamire residence.....

:grinning:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
He is going to hate like heck to go home from RAW and face the Mrs... :naughty:

She already has heard that he was traded I bet... and she will be ticked... :mad:

its going to be a big blowup.. :rocket:

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wallace's home tonight :eek:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I think he's known that he was probably going to be traded for some time... ever since he came back from the ankle injury, he seems to have been playing with more purpose.

Atlanta's a cool city and if he is properly motivated he should be able to put up some big numbers in the East. If he does that, he might end up earning a bigger deal and he won't have to regret being a guy Portland felt they had to trade.

If he half-asses it the rest of the year, while losing lots of games, he's staring an MLE contract in the face and Portland will be a distant, pleasant memory.

Ed O.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
He is going to hate like heck to go home from RAW and face the Mrs... :naughty:

She already has heard that he was traded I bet... and she will be ticked... :mad:

its going to be a big blowup.. :rocket:

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wallace's home tonight :eek:
Yeah...his wife seemed to like the Portland area, especially when they were on MTV cribs.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
He's thinking:

"Free at last! Thank you Mr Nash!"

If Sheed were 3 times worse as a human being, he still wouldn't deserve the excrement shoveled on him in this town.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!
He's thinking:

"Free at last! Thank you Mr Nash!"

If Sheed were 3 times worse as a human being, he still wouldn't deserve the excrement shoveled on him in this town.
Sheed made his own bed, and now he has to lie in it.

Let's remember that it was Sheed, not "this town" that

Led the league in Ts for 2 years
Threw a towel in Sabas' face
Poisoned the team with his bad attitude
Attacked a ref outside the Rose Garden
Didn't talk to the press
Got arrested in a yellow Hummer going 80 mph smoking weed
Couldn't hit a shot in the 4th quarter in the 2000 WCF

Ge, I wonder why we didn't like him?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stevenson</b>!

Ge, I wonder why we didn't like him?
Because people like scapegoats and some fans find it easier to think of NBA players as evil people rather than actual people with human frailties?

That sounds more reasonable than the sorry little list you've put together as a reason that so many Portland fans should dislike him so.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You nailed that on the head ED, I'm sure SAR can't wait to try and take over where Sheed left off in T's or the rest of the league for that matter.

Get real! Sheed could have been our star for as long as he wanted his attitude and anger was the only reason he got the boot, oh and that the fans for the most part wont pay to see him act up anymore and that's why attendance is down sooooo much.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

Because people like scapegoats and some fans find it easier to think of NBA players as evil people rather than actual people with human frailties?

That sounds more reasonable than the sorry little list you've put together as a reason that so many Portland fans should dislike him so.

Ed O.
Sorry list? Where have you been? In case you hadn't noticed, Sheed's piss poor attitude helped make our once proud franchise a national laughingstock. That's not looking for a scapegoat, that's the fact, something you apparently would rather ignore.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That "sorry little list" looks pretty accurate to me. What on it is wrong? I don't agree with the WCF part, but the rest seems very reasonable. But hey...we should have kept Bonzi too right? Why on Earth listen to the advertisers and the fans?

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stevenson</b>!

Sorry list? Where have you been? In case you hadn't noticed, Sheed's piss poor attitude helped make our once proud franchise a national laughingstock. That's not looking for a scapegoat, that's the fact, something you apparently would rather ignore.
Right. Rider had nothing to do with it, or Damon, or Kemp, or Rueben the rapist.

In terms of "character" issues, Sheed was never the worst of our problems...that's the fact, something you would apparently rather ignore.

Why can't people just be honest and admit they hated the guy because he was grossly overpaid??

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You are way off Grouch! I got soooooo worn out with Sheed cause every game big or little he'd start jarring with the refs usually in the first quarter and by the end of the third he'd be T'd up and in the fourth when we needed him most he'd get booted or even sooner! That's why fans are happy he's gone, that and the fact he'd disappear for whole quarters at a time.

Just imagine a team Grouch, that doesn't have to worry about its soooo called best player being booted or causing the refs to ignore giving our team the benefit of the doubt when calls have to be made in crunch time?

Stop saying it's the money, it's the temper that did it for me!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Oh boohoo, poor Rasheed - everybody was picking on the guy. Give me a break! The guy's a moron, no arguing that. Human frailties is one thing, being an *** is another. He was an embarassment to this city and his absence is a good thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts