Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He just said not only that Wade was a better playmaker than Lebron..which is fine, okay, opinions, everyone has them. But he went on to bash Lebron's playmaking abilities. Saying Lebron is a scorer, but he still is learning how to play with his teammates.

WTF? WHAT!? This guy gets paid by ESPN to what?!

How can you have watched Lebron at all--even since high school--and say that? If anything he's a passer, who is still learning when he needs to be selfish.

And I know we have a ton of quotes from Marc Stein and his cleveland hate.

What did Lebron do to Stein? Did he stiff him for an interview?

Where is Greg Anthony when you need him to put Marc Stein in his place?

· Registered
7,807 Posts
Marc Stein reminds me of paid off political hacks on news shows. Much like biased politicians, it sounds like Stein is being force-fed a bunch of "talking points," as his behavior seemingly follows a script. I've met and talked to a lot of people who genuinely believe in Dwyane's game moreso than LeBron's. But when I talked to those people, they seemed real. I could understand where they were coming from. There was nothing phony about it. However, with Marc Stein, I can't help but get the feeling he's being dishonest about something.

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm almost a hundred percent positive that Marc Stein sodomizes and then kills little boys John Wayne Gacy style.

I agree he definitely looks like he's hiding something.

Maybe it's Darko's love child?

Remember when he was saying Darko should be drafted ahead of Lebron?

· Maybe Next Year....
10,213 Posts
Stein and Ric Bucher are some of the biggest Lebron haters you will ever see in the Nat'l media, which is ironic since ESPN is most responsible for generating Lebron's hype out of highschool.

Stein couldn't wait to put up an article about the Cavs blowing leads against Dal/Mia, but he is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND in the latest 2 games the Cavs won against them. He is becoming Rosen-like, cherry picking bad games from Lebron or the Cavs to criticize.

I think alot of it comes down to the fact Lebron got so much hype, he came into the league with a massive group of people who simply wanted him to fail. Bucher/Stein/Rosen types def fall into this category. The more Lebron exceeds expectations and proves these people wrong, the more bitter they are.

And it comes across clearly in their writing.

· Premium Member
18,791 Posts
LOL that was funny on fastbreak: particularly the playmaking part. Quote: "Lebron is still learning how to get his teammates involved". ROFL, Lebron has his faults but it isn't getting teammates involved - the dude does it at any point in the game.

I don't see Marc Stein going ape**** about how the Cavs are doing well (4th seed, a shot at the third best record) w/o Hughes. Yet with other guys (i.e. Nash) on teams with injuries he goes berserk

· Registered
3,315 Posts
It just seems that Wade and most other players are compared to LeBron and just other players that are around the same length of tenure in the league, while LeBron is compared to Jordan. In that respect he's always going to come up short, but he's still better than all the other guys. I really think that the National Media wants LeBron to do something horribly wrong so that they'll have something to say about him. Right now it's just "LeBron is leading his team", "LeBron has another great game". They just don't have anything to talk about. Especially since it is clear that they don't watch that many games. They only seem to admit to watching games when LeBron is less than stellar.

Now I will admit LeBron is not perfect and has even had a horrible game or two this season. But if you have watched his entire body of work you can't help but be impressed. For some reason Stein and Bucher just can't admit that. I guess then they'd have to admit how horribly wrong they've been about everything that they've said about him so far.

· 15 STRONG
27,437 Posts
As much as I disagree with what he's saying....... now you know how Heat fans felt when it was the LeBron-Melo hype-station called ESPN and no respect for DWade.

Stein is a tool though, he (like Stephen A.) say things to get attention to the show. You never hear of TNT making jack-*** comments like this, unless it's sarcastic or from Barkley joking around. ESPN does this in all sports, it's all about creating a controvery to talk about the show.

· Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:
As much as I disagree with what he's saying....... now you know how Heat fans felt when it was the LeBron-Melo hype-station called ESPN and no respect for DWade.

Stein is a tool though, he (like Stephen A.) say things to get attention to the show. You never hear of TNT making jack-*** comments like this, unless it's sarcastic or from Barkley joking around. ESPN does this in all sports, it's all about creating a controvery to talk about the show.
In a later segment it was even more ridiculous they were talking about why Dallas has lost 3 in a row. Pippen was knocking Dirk and that the Mavericks aren't really a good defensive team. It took basically the whole segment before Greg Anthony mentioned in passing that they're second best player is hurt (Howard) plus a whole slew of others (Harris, Daniels, KVH, etc.)

Really a joke when commentators have no idea what team's injury status is and what there schedule has looked like (i.e. strenght of schedule and back to backs, etc)

· BIG $$$
7,097 Posts
Unfortunately, ESPN writers rarely see things outside of what's broadcast on ESPN, and what is going on in New York and L.A. I hear more about the Knicks than I do my OWN team on ESPN, and the Knicks are quite possibly one of the worst teams to grace the garden in decades.

Quietly, other teams are playing well and beating a lot of good teams night in and night out. They maybe get 30 seconds on ESPN.

In all my years of a Jazz fan, I've seen them do a "breakdown" segment on the Jazz ONCE, and it was after we embarrased the Pistons for the second time this year. And they just showed the same play with one variation, when there were other very clear examples that were far better to show.

I get tired of ESPN frequently.

By the way, Wade is not better than LeBron on either end of the court. If a 2 guard can't shoot the 3 (Wade is something like 8% on the season), then he's not better than a guy that torched us in the Delta Center for 50-something and was hitting 3's like nobody's business. I'm sure you remember... the game where OUR home crowd gave a standing ovation to LeBron after he completely whipped us? Yeah.

Everyone that whines about not getting respect, try living in a small market with a team with no superstars. Teams underestimate and talk crap on us EVERY night, and after a huge win, I maybe see 30 seconds of the Jazz on ESPN, and it usually shows the other team missing shots!

Whatever. I've never liked ESPN's coverage of all markets. They do a terrible job outside of NY and LA.

· Registered
601 Posts
unluckyseventeen said:
By the way, Wade is not better than LeBron on either end of the court. If a 2 guard can't shoot the 3 (Wade is something like 8% on the season), then he's not better than a guy that torched us in the Delta Center for 50-something and was hitting 3's like nobody's business. I'm sure you remember... the game where OUR home crowd gave a standing ovation to LeBron after he completely whipped us? Yeah.
Hahaha. I love it...I guy is worse on defense because he cant hit 3 pointers. 3 point shot is fools gold. Lebron isnt good because he can hit the 3...hes good because he is 6'9 and can probably be the best player on the court at 4 of the 5 positions at any moment.

I think if wade added a 3 pointer to his repetoire...he wouldn't be the same player. His talent is getting to the basket and getting high percentage shots. Maybe when he is older and slower he can settle for some jumpers, but asking wade to shoot 3s now is just distracting from what he is great at.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
I was soooooo confused when i was watching nba fastbreak yesterday. He said wade was better in pretty much all aspects of the game. And he said lebron couldnt finish, and he said lebron didnt know how to get his teamates involved.

I couldnt believe what i was hearing. Even Paul

· BIG $$$
7,097 Posts
Hahaha. I love it...I guy is worse on defense because he cant hit 3 pointers. 3 point shot is fools gold. Lebron isnt good because he can hit the 3...hes good because he is 6'9 and can probably be the best player on the court at 4 of the 5 positions at any moment.

I think if wade added a 3 pointer to his repetoire...he wouldn't be the same player. His talent is getting to the basket and getting high percentage shots. Maybe when he is older and slower he can settle for some jumpers, but asking wade to shoot 3s now is just distracting from what he is great at.
So... what is your point? You just defended BOTH players, saying really.. nothing.

The point is that LeBron is a much better all-around player. So what? Wade can get the basket.. great. He also has some really huge guys setting screens for him, and he's athletic enough to get shots off over 7-foot tall guys. It would really hurt a team to have a 2 guard that can ONLY get to the basket. Plop a couple good shot-blockers and train a defense to rotate quickly enough to stop him, and he's a non-factor.

LeBron can score from inside, outside, pass the ball like nobody's business, etc etc. For anybody to say Wade is more of a playmaker and a more complete player is assinine. A complete player can hit the 3, drive into the paint, pass the ball well, handle the ball well, play good defense, etc etc. Without outside shooting, Wade is clearly inferior to LeBron on the offensive side of the floor. Thus, LeBron is the more complete player, which is what this topic was about.

Your post didn't really make much sense... so I'm not sure how else to react than to explain myself further.

· Maybe Next Year....
10,213 Posts
You know what else is funny about Stein's comments.

He was the same guy saying "Lebron needs to be more selfish" at the end of games when he was passing to open teammates. Now he turns around and says Lebron "needs to learn how to get his teammates involved"?

Give me a break. Stein plays both sides like a champ. Look forward to him picking us to lose our 1st round series.

· Registered
601 Posts
unluckyseventeen said:
So... what is your point? You just defended BOTH players, saying really.. nothing.

The point is that LeBron is a much better all-around player. So what? Wade can get the basket.. great. He also has some really huge guys setting screens for him, and he's athletic enough to get shots off over 7-foot tall guys. It would really hurt a team to have a 2 guard that can ONLY get to the basket. Plop a couple good shot-blockers and train a defense to rotate quickly enough to stop him, and he's a non-factor.

LeBron can score from inside, outside, pass the ball like nobody's business, etc etc. For anybody to say Wade is more of a playmaker and a more complete player is assinine. A complete player can hit the 3, drive into the paint, pass the ball well, handle the ball well, play good defense, etc etc. Without outside shooting, Wade is clearly inferior to LeBron on the offensive side of the floor. Thus, LeBron is the more complete player, which is what this topic was about.

Your post didn't really make much sense... so I'm not sure how else to react than to explain myself further.
Please refrain from personal insults. TY. You basically said Wade was worse at both of the ends because he cant shoot 3s. That was your argument. My post was basically to point out the idiocy of your post. Then I decided to add that 3 point shooting really doesnt change much about Wade's offensive game. It has CLEARLY hurt the Heat that he cant hit 3s consistently. I think its amazing that you have come up with a way to make Wade a non-factor. Maybe you need to call up some NBA teams and let them in on your little secret, because the best minds in the NBA haven't been able to do so. You promote one element of Wade's game and from that argue that he is less of a complete player(Clearly as you put it), less of a playmaker, and less of a defender. I usually don't reply on other boards but reading that my striking conclusion was that you are a moron. Im not trying to get into an argument over who is better Lebron or Wade. I dont think there are solid arguments against either player, especially after watchign them duel yesterday. Lebron is a stud, Wade is a stud, not really helping you're argument that you need to use insults to get you're point across

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Benedict_Boozer said:
Look forward to him picking us to lose our 1st round series.
He already did on the same show. He said "teams are lining up to play the cavs in the first round". Whereas Paul said, "if they get Larry Hughes back playing like old, they'll go deep". I couldn't believe Paul was sitting there listening to what Marc Stein said, and didn't slap him. I think he was drunk.

· 15 STRONG
27,437 Posts
unluckyseventeen said:

Basically, like the other guy said, you're being ignorant...

LeBron is a better offensive player, but not by much. The edge LeBron has is he's 6-9 and is as quick as anyone in the league. To argue that LeBron has anyone that's greatly better than Wade, besides 3 pt shooting, is pretty idiotic. Wade does things better than LeBron, LeBron does things better than Dwyane. Pretty even across the board.

Defensively though, Wade is better. LeBron is making great strides, and I really think he's working to become a good defender, but he's not on Wade's level there yet. LBJ has all the tools -- size, strength, quickness, length -- to be a all-league defender, but he just has to commit himself to it and work to become better at it, which I'd expect LeBron to do as his career progresses. Wade was all-defense last year as a sophomore, so to make a claim that LeBron, who's always been criticized for his defense, is better than Dwyane right now is pretty ignorant on your part...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.