Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know this question might seem a bit weird and the answer might be very simple but I had to ask somewhere and there's no better place than basketball forum. If my topic is in the wrong place please move it where it should go but I really hope someone will be able to help me. So I'm looking for a piece of clothing, something like a mix of t-shirt (like those loose NBA warmup ones) and sleeveless shirt. It's a really loose shirt and it looks like it has no sleeves but it has a very short ones, at least that's how I see it. It could just be a very large size sleeveless shirt but I'm not sure.

I tried to find a couple of examples as I often see NBA players wearing them in practice and workouts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znlcaBU-G_k here it's the white shirt that MJ is wearing and it's different than the regular sleeveless jersey. Another example would be LeBron around 1:30 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAnEpERjwHk

here's another example

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
It's large t-shirt with the sleeves cut out. 'Bros' in America do that all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick answer. If the sleeves are cut off I presume that's done professionally, like in a factory. If that's the case is there a way to buy a large t-shirt like that on ebay maybe? Because I really don't know what to search for lol. And what exactly are "bros" :) ?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
The easiest way to do this is to buy a piece of cloth, cut it, sew it, and embroider it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
thanks for the quick answer. If the sleeves are cut off I presume that's done professionally, like in a factory. If that's the case is there a way to buy a large t-shirt like that on ebay maybe? Because I really don't know what to search for lol. And what exactly are "bros" :) ?
I actually do this professionally, dcman. For a low price of $10 per shirt, plus shipping costs, I can take any large t-shirt you own and give it that look. I'll also charge $20 per shirt if you want a very specific depth of tear beneath the arm such as the one in the Jordan video. This is actually a steep discount, considering what I usually charge. But we're all friends here.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
No. People cut the sleeves off themselves. It's very simple, and only requires the following tools:

1. Scissors

If you're in dire need of that oversized, baggy look, be sure to purchase the shirt you'll be cutting a size or two too big for you.

You're gonna look sweet, bro.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll go out on a limb and guess that all of the replies were sarcastic. I don't understand why though. I explained in the original post that I chose to post this question here because I saw basketball players wearing shirts like that. And I know you can cut off the sleeves yourself but I thought that this may be an actual piece of clothing, popular in the US that I don't know about. I'll go out on a limb again and presume that the word "bro" has negative meaning among you guys. That's cool but you still didn't explain the meaning of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts