Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many ask, what is wrong with the Brooklyn Nets.

There are a few answers.

They continuously lose games.
Lopez gets injured yet again.
AK-47 gets traded.
Joe Johnson doesn't play because of the so called "stomach virus."
Mirza Teletovic, the Nets sharp shooter, gets injured.

Adding to the list are many more things; find them all out over here.

http://netsdailynews.com/2014/12/13/what-is-wrong-with-the-brooklyn-nets/

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Age, a structurally unsound center, and a franchise point guard who apparently peaked six or seven years ago. They mortgaged the future to such an extent that, unless they stumble into some fantastic luck, they pretty much need a big free-agent summer in 2016 or later to save the franchise. As a Boston fan, I couldn't be happier about the whole thing, and I imagine nobody's rooting harder for a Brooklyn fire sale than the Hawks front office.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
To be honest, a lot of things are wrong with the Brooklyn Nets right now. Since coming off back to back wins against the Knicks and Spurs on December 2nd and 3rd, the Nets have 3 of the last 4 games in embarrassing fashion. Against the Hawks, Cavaliers, and Bulls, the Nets lost by an average of 23 points in each contest and are now a staggering 1-10 against teams with winning records. Lopez has a back sprain, Joe Johnson was sick with the flu, and Mirza Teletovic missed the last few games. These short-term injuries are absolutely killing the Nets right now, as these games seem uninspired, lethargic, and all around difficult to watch. Team chemistry could be better, with Johnson calling the team out earlier in the season for being selfish. The recent trade rumors involving Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, and Joe Johnson don’t particularly help, meanwhile Andrei Kirilenko and Jose Gutierrez were traded to the Sixers. It even looks like struggling rookie Bojan Bogdanovic has lost his starting job for the time being in place of rarely used Sergey Karasev. Coach Lionel Hollins has called the team out for their poor play: “We’re not a team that can play poorly and beat somebody,” Hollins said Thursday. “We’re not a very good team at this stage of our development.” After the Nets loss to the Bulls on Wednesday, KG said “when it rains, it pours,” referring to the team’s recent struggles, and admitted it’s not easy to keep your head up in these tough times: “It is very tough to stay positive, we just need to continue to give our best effort.”

With all those negatives combined and added with the fact the Nets are a team once again under the tutelage of a new head coach, this turnaround that we as fans would like to see might take a while, but I believe it will happen. We are 9-12; it’s not where we want to be but somehow the Nets are still sitting in the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference. While that doesn’t say much, it should remind people who the Nets do have time to fix this team, and will have the chance to do so in the weak Eastern conference. Teletovic and Lopez should be back within the next game or two and the team will try to play with more passion, as they try to out. With a game against the Hornets (6-15) coming up, the Nets will have a chance to gain much-needed momentum, while getting healthy in the process. Remember, this team with the same main core group of players that started out 10-21 last season and ended up with 44 wins. So while the Nets currently have a plethora of problems that they are dealing with, lets give them time to get healthy with further understanding how to play in coach Hollins system before we panic and start calling for more trades or more changes to the team.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I don't think I've watched them play a single game in it's entirety. I caught glimpses of them, but I can watch the Hornets any time I want to watch a bad basketball team struggle. Kidd looks smart for the bitch move he made to get out of there though.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I don't think I've watched them play a single game in it's entirety. I caught glimpses of them, but I can watch the Hornets any time I want to watch a bad basketball team struggle. Kidd looks smart for the bitch move he made to get out of there though.
Incidentally, the Nets are playing the Hornets tonight. Also, to be fair, the "bitch move" that Kidd made was to try to get Billy King fired which, I mean, you can pretty easily argue should have happened already anyway. Trying to take the reigns away from him, knowing you had a better basketball situation waiting in the wings for you anyway, made sense.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
The biggest problem is the lack of websites providing nets news. Or if they exist nobody is making me aware!

Reactions: e-monk
1 - 7 of 7 Posts