Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is a pair of Clyde Drexler's warmups given to me by a special friend. :D

I'm still amazed when I put the pants up beside me and realize just how tall/big these guys are!!

Other than that, probably just the various pictures I'm able to snap over the years......

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Well, a few years ago I aquired a 7-up bottle commemorating their championship, and it's still full and un-opened.....

and if Sheed keeps playing like he has, I think another favorite will be the signed Sheed celebriduck I got at the bash..

Scout

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
No surprise here.....

It would have to be the Rip City Magazine from a few years ago that had Sabonis on the cover. I stalked Sabas at the training facility until I got him to autograph it for me. :D

My best memorabilia, though, are not tangible......They are the memories of actually meeting Sabonis, shaking his hand, standing next to him, and talking briefly with him. That's better than an autograph!

Also, meeting Scottie and him joking around with us was a great memory too!

We caught the whole team at a great moment....nearly everyone was in high spirits.....quite cooperative and friendly. :)

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
My red custom made, hand stitched wall to wall carpet my dad had installed in my bedroom with 3 Blazer logos running down the middle. I miss my room in Portland... :(

Or, an authentic Drexler jersey. However not worn or autographed by him. Still holds sentimental value though.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
My "Thanks for the support" pic and autograph from Rasheed :D
hands down this is my favorite and most prized.

I also have a Damon Stoudamire autographed T-shirt from getting to be part of the T-shirt give away they do when they introduce the players... (I was one kid away from getting Pip's!!!!!!! :upset: )

My bell from the playoffs in 2000-still take it and ring it at EVERY game. Yep-that's me making all that racket.

An autographed Bill Walton beanie...yes, it was from the day they were raining from the rafters! :laugh:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
mine isn't a possession, per-say, but a memory.

It's going to the Hillsboro airport after they beat Phoenix in 90.

Staying up till what..3 am? not being able to see the team coming off the plane, but everyone giddy as hell..everyone, as we arrived, yelling "rip city!" and honking horns..and when we left (it's amazing my dad had that night off) everyone was still celebrating, honking their horns, screaming "go blazers!"

I remember how excited all of us fans were..how we actually thought "maybe we can win this thing!"..

I remember going to bed at 3 am (at the earliest probably) and still going to school the next day..and being one of few who actually went to the airport the night before..,and as one of the kids who was mocked the year before (the year they went 39-43) I felt great knowing how they were doing great that year.

I remember my dad being so excited watching a playoff game that season, that he thrust his hand up, and hit the ceiling fan (which was on)..

I remember during a game, my mom had a wedding she was playing in, and she commented that on the way home..."it was like the city of Portland was dead..there was no one out in the streets of Portland..and I mean no one."

·
Registered
519 Posts
For me it would have to be my sets of Diary Queen glasses...lol..i think they made sets for 3 years and i have all 3 years and some spares cause my stupid cat would knock a couple over and break them....:upset:

I also have from the 90/91 season the Blazers cards that are sealed in a frame that includes Uncle Cliffys rookie card...

and in hiding i do have some limited edition art prints from 1978 and i have my fair share of Blazer media guides including the 1st one...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Clyde Drexler's hat that he threw into the crowd at the post-Finals rally at Pioneer Courthouse Square. It was pouring rain and we'd been waiting for hours but it was so worth it! I've never been so proud of my team after a loss.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I was in a car accident, one of my teachers at my school called the Blazers seeing if they could do anything for me, they sit me a huge box filled with autographs, hats, clothes, pencils, and a letter from them. :cool:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I have a few of the glasses from the championship era... I still have big red....

my ex father in law dropped and broke my Bob Gross glass :upset:

but have many great memories engrained in my mind in person.. much like Hap... all the home game finals in 90 and 92 for a start

I did get an autograph of Moses Malone on a flight from Seattle to PDX on New years eve one time.. he promptly said to me..."tell everyone back there we aint havin' no autograph session"...

My ex got Julius Ervings at the same time, with no static at all, a perfect gentleman...

Now that I think about it... It may have been the 76's championship year. It was around 82 or 83... Mo was there I am sure of it...

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I have the very first official team picture of the Portland Trail Blazers, from the 1970-'71 season. I got it by going to a game that year. Members of that team included Geoff Petrie and Rick Adelman, as well as Jim Barnett, Dale Schleuter, and Greg Smith. What great memories!

·
Registered
242 Posts
My most prized piece is a complete game-used warmup suit of Kevin Duckworth's from the 1992-93 season. It's absolutely huge with his name stitched on the inside labels as well as on the back of the jacket.

I've also been fortunate to acquire several authentic non-game used jerseys and warmups over the years: Duckworth, Grant, Anderson, Wallace, Sabonis and a few others.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mine is an autographed D.A Authentic Alternative Road jersey.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have managed to hang onto the " Red Hot & Rollin' " insert from the Oregonian during the Championship run.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RG</b>!
I have managed to hang onto the " Red Hot & Rollin' " insert from the Oregonian during the Championship run.
I have this as well.

Along with tapes of all 6 complete games of the 1977 NBA Finals. I even have footage of the championship trophy presentation that CBS decided to cut off.

I'm still looking for the Bill Schonley audio of the games so I can sync them up. That would be just too perfect.

Those aren't my favorite Blazers possessions though. It has to be my Maurice Lucas autographed Sports Illustrated cover. I've told that story before. Still one of my favorite memories in my life.

Attachments

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
I started collecting Clyde Drexler basketball cards in 1990. Pretty simple back then with only a few different cards available. Then came the explosion of card sets in the mid-90's. But I kept at it.

Today, I've got 586 unique cards, including cards made by the major manufacturers (Fleer, Topps, Upper Deck, etc.) and cards made by other manufacturers. I only need 6 rare cards to have a "complete" set of the Clyde Drexler cards by the major manufacturers. Someday I'll find these cards:

1996-97 Collector's Choice Stick-Ums 2 Base (#B10)
1997-98 Metal Universe Championship Precious Metal (#51)
1997-98 Stadium Club Triumvirate Luminescent (#T6C)
1997-98 Z-Force Super Rave (#194)
1998-99 Upper Deck Choice Reserve (#187)
1998-99 Upper Deck Premium Choice Reserve (#187)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.